Tony Pulis - The positives

24 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

In answer to your thread title.....there are none.

If people were unhappy with Monk, then God help them with Pulis at the helm. Turgid, attritional,  uninspiring football. People will need a neck brace watching on TV as the ball will very rarely be on the ground.

If reports are true, this is a a most uninspiring,  short sighted appointment in my opinion. He is not the person to unite the fanbase.

People were unhappy with Monk because the turgid football was combined with abysmal results.

If Pulis is to be appointed then I imagine it will be attritional football but I imagine he will play square pegs in square holes and based on his track record the results will be far more effective.

He wouldn't be my first choice as I think we need someone who will play more attacking football and raise the spirits of the players and the fans as a result but his record of getting results speaks for itself. 

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

How many times has Pulis been relegated? Or even left a team in the relegation zone?

Go on, have a guess...

There's a first time for everything.. how many times had Wycombe won a Championship match before facing us?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

In answer to your thread title.....there are none.

If people were unhappy with Monk, then God help them with Pulis at the helm. Turgid, attritional,  uninspiring football. People will need a neck brace watching on TV as the ball will very rarely be on the ground.

If reports are true, this is a a most uninspiring,  short sighted appointment in my opinion. He is not the person to unite the fanbase.

But he might be the one to lay the foundation's for success.

Any way, DC has done this before, allowed the fan's to get het up only to get some one else.

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

People were unhappy with Monk because the turgid football was combined with abysmal results.

If Pulis is to be appointed then I imagine it will be attritional football but I imagine he will play square pegs in square holes and based on his track record the results will be far more effective.

He wouldn't be my first choice as I think we need someone who will play more attacking football and raise the spirits of the players and the fans as a result but his record of getting results speaks for itself. 

That would happen who ever the manager is as long as we WIN.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

That would happen who ever the manager is as long as we WIN.

At this moment in time you are right, over a longer term though I'm not so sure, we won more often than we lost under Megson but many of the fans & players were tired of the style when he went.

Far more chance of winning more under Pulis than under Monk though. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

At this moment in time you are right, over a longer term though I'm not so sure, we won more often than we lost under Megson but many of the fans & players were tired of the style when he went.

Far more chance of winning more under Pulis than under Monk though. 

That's how I'm trying to view it. 

Delighted that Monk has gone, but massively underwhelmed by  the prospect of baseball cap man taking over. 

In saying that, he will keep us up and he may even get us competing up the right end of the table. It's just we will be eye bleedingly bad to watch whilst doing so. This is a man who once played for a 1-0 loss in the second leg of a play off semi-final...when they were already 1-0 down. 

Long term, I don't see Pulis coming in and laying down any solid foundation. It all screams of a quick, short-term fix. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's how I'm trying to view it. 

Delighted that Monk has gone, but massively underwhelmed by  the prospect of baseball cap man taking over. 

In saying that, he will keep us up and he may even get us competing up the right end of the table. It's just we will be eye bleedingly bad to watch whilst doing so. This is a man who once played for a 1-0 loss in the second leg of a play off semi-final...when they were already 1-0 down. 

Long term, I don't see Pulis coming in and laying down any solid foundation. It all screams of a quick, short-term fix. 

To do that the manager need's to be here longer than 1year, the average of the last 6 years.

Guest wilyfox

The positive with managers like Pulis & Warnock is they know what thafook they’re doing. People vote against and throw the old dinosaur tag at them, but they know how to manage. Yet again Warnock has transformed another club from bottom 6 to top 6 contenders. That’s what managers with know-how can do. Get this appointment wrong and we go down. Pulis would be a safe pair of hands.