Tony Pulis - The positives

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

People were unhappy with Monk because the turgid football was combined with abysmal results.

If Pulis is to be appointed then I imagine it will be attritional football but I imagine he will play square pegs in square holes and based on his track record the results will be far more effective.

He wouldn't be my first choice as I think we need someone who will play more attacking football and raise the spirits of the players and the fans as a result but his record of getting results speaks for itself. 

I mean yeah, sqaure pegs in square holes....

Apart from being well known for playing centre halves at full back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Jesus, Anyone would think we've plucked a manager out of a hat ala Luhukay style and just gone with it. Tony Pulis has managed in over 300 games at premier league level over a 10 year period, Got Stoke to an fa cup final and taken them into a European competition whilst also being nominated twice for manager of the season. What fckuwits we have, have some chuffing respect ffs.

And yet despite that, Eddie Howe still isnt suitable for some

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I mean yeah, sqaure pegs in square holes....

Apart from being well known for playing centre halves at full back

True, not ideal but better than playing wingers as defensive wing-backs on the wrong side, and more effective. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

As opposed to Monk playing full backs at centre half - maybe they should be joint-managers, they'd strike the right balance between them

We're not talking about Monk he's done and gone, I'm quoting a guy who said Pulis would play square pegs in square holes....

Which is categorically wrong

I’d rather a different appointment, but If Pulis can get us organised and playing with a recognisable system that is effective, we concede less and score some goals, I’ll take that for this season. Ultimately, Chansiri is taking probably the least riskiest option of available managers to protect his investment from truly going down the pan should we be relegated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

In answer to your thread title.....there are none.

If people were unhappy with Monk, then God help them with Pulis at the helm. Turgid, attritional,  uninspiring football. People will need a neck brace watching on TV as the ball will very rarely be on the ground.

If reports are true, this is a a most uninspiring,  short sighted appointment in my opinion. He is not the person to unite the fanbase.

I suspect DC is more bothered about not getting relegated than uniting the fan base and TBH I don’t blame him. 

the sense of entitlement on here would befit the House of Lords - there are lots of Peers there too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

I’d rather a different appointment, but If Pulis can get us organised and playing with a recognisable system that is effective, we concede less and score some goals, I’ll take that for this season. Ultimately, Chansiri is taking probably the least riskiest option of available managers to protect his investment from truly going down the pan should we be relegated.

Ile just be happy for us to score some goals, unlikely with our strike force though, set pieces/corners more likely.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Are any of the fans who wanted Monk sacking starting to have regrets now Pulis looks to be his replacement.?

They might have similar footballing philosophies but Monk isn’t in Pulis’ league as a manager. He’s an uninspiring appointment granted but he’ll get the job done. He might even make us competitive in this league again?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Jesus, Anyone would think we've plucked a manager out of a hat ala Luhukay style and just gone with it. Tony Pulis has managed in over 300 games at premier league level over a 10 year period, Got Stoke to an fa cup final and taken them into a European competition whilst also being nominated twice for manager of the season. What fckuwits we have, have some chuffing respect ffs.

Just in case anyone didn’t see this I thought it was worth repeating lol