Tony Pulis - The positives

Meanwhile, who is in place to train during the international break? No manager, no manager’s team, no one on site. Can the players train on their own?  Would captain Barry show some leadership? Poorly planned Mr. Chansiri. Has anyone seen or heard about this? UTO. 

Just now, Growl67 said:

Pullis has as good a chance as any manager available of getting us promoted. It might not be pretty football but let’s just get there first and we can debate whether or not he is the man to keep us there once we’re up there. 

steady on .. if he just keeps us afloat for a year or two he'll be doing a good job  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

In which case why pussyfoot around with a contract for a few months?  Give him a few years. He's clearly the Bournemouth Bielsa - well Sandbanks actually but you get my drift. 

I’m bored of this - can you name me one manager we’ve had since the 1970’s or one we could get now with a better record than Pulis in the premier league ? Any manger we’ve had that has kept a team in the premier league more years than him ? Won Premier league manager of the year ( only 7 years ago ) - Francis is the only one even near him since the 70’s for us .... correct me if I’m wrong 

Just now, Elvin Parsnip said:

I’m bored of this - can you name me one manager we’ve had since the 1970’s or one we could get now with a better record than Pulis in the premier league ? Any manger we’ve had that has kept a team in the premier league more years than him ? Won Premier league manager of the year ( only 7 years ago ) - Francis is the only one even near him since the 70’s for us .... correct me if I’m wrong 

And name me one manager as universally reviled for the way he plays football? I actually want to enjoy going to Hillsborough - if we ever get there again. If it was just about winning then football wouldn't be a spectator sport for me. It would just be something I'd check the scores for at 5 o'clock on a Saturday. I am sick of enduring games  - even ones we scrape a win in. I'll take a chance on someone new. Would Pulis have done what Wilder did with United? There are different ways of achieving success. I oppose drudgery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And name me one manager as universally reviled for the way he plays football? I actually want to enjoy going to Hillsborough - if we ever get there again. If it was just about winning then football wouldn't be a spectator sport for me. It would just be something I'd check the scores for at 5 o'clock on a Saturday. I am sick of enduring games  - even ones we scrape a win in. I'll take a chance on someone new. Would Pulis have done what Wilder did with United? There are different ways of achieving success. I oppose drudgery. 

Done what Wilder did and better with Stoke - got them to cup finals and Europe and kept numerous teams in the Premier league 

31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

wow just wow............how the feck do you get" the timing all wrong " in having a good record and finding ways to win ...... 

Sorry if you’re hard of thinking but it’s really simple. The majority of fans are tired of,  if not angered by watching turgid, boring, negative football. Especially when we have to pay top dollar for the privilege (CoVid allowing) We have just been given blessed relief by the news that Monk has gone only to find it’s just a brief respite because Pulis is coming and his goals per game record is even worse. Hence the timing for recruiting another functional manager,  so soon after Monk is wrong. Of the other realistic candidates mentioned, Cook, Lowe, Pearson, Wagner all find ways to win playing a more attractive style of football and scoring more goals....

Just now, SiJ said:

I'm not thrilled by the prospect of him coming in, but going into this with the sort of attitude demonstrated above is, well, I just don't get that really ^^^^

I don't get what you mean. Lots of fans don't want to be bored. That's all. We haven't picked him.

I hope he plays open expansive football and puts in place a tradition of Total Football that will make us like an English Ajax. If he's here to grind stuff out and that's what we aspire to for the foreseeable future I'll take my refund and find something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So you can’t name any manger we’ve had that has a better record than him since the 70’s 

1 minute ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Done what Wilder did and better with Stoke - got them to cup finals and Europe and kept numerous teams in the Premier league 

This is very true. 

It wasn't always pretty to watch that Stoke team, but there can be little denying the success he had there. 

• Like 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

I don't get what you mean. Lots of fans don't want to be bored. That's all. We haven't picked him.

I hope he plays open expansive football and puts in place a tradition of Total Football that will make us like an English Ajax. If he's here to grind stuff out and that's what we aspire to for the foreseeable future I'll take my refund and find something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. 

And that is your prerogative to do so. 

Still - you come across as wishing failure before guy has even coming in, whether you mean to or not.