News due this week??

Just now, matt68owls said:

not much to be honest, I half expected somebody to maybe come out with something factual.

Like WHAT exactly?

I'd be keen to know what facts you want in a thread that is about  'some news due on Thursday' but no detail has been given

What exact  facts  were you then  expecting?

ps  ever heard of 'user error'?

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

“It’s not good news in my view”, so given his views have been quite negative towards us, maybe it will be good news from a Wednesday point of view!

I don't find him negative to us at all. He reports facts and figures and I an incredibly clever guy. He also has a great sense of humour.

The interesting bit is as you have quoted, it's not good news in his view. His views are generally that clubs should stick to the rules, chairmen should be honest and moral and that points should be earned on the pitch. So, given the appeal hasn't yet been heard it can't be a points thing. My betting would be DC suing the EFL for staining his/our reputation or other clubs sticking the boot in against us.

I hope it's neither.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly common these days it seems to me. People are not affronted by things other people do, but their own perceptions (often illusory or even disingenuous) of what they do that serve some other purpose. The journalist quoted has done none of what you charge him with. He hasn't even mentioned the accounts or the appeal, never mind made any unreasonable assumptions about them. 

So I will tell you something possibly Thursday, could be good news could be bad news... bla bla , now all over stupid twitter, fb etc 

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

So I will tell you something possibly Thursday, could be good news could be bad news... bla bla , now all over stupid twitter, fb etc 

Do you not  see how this says everything about social media users and nothing about the original source?

The same social media users who then go on to blast Maguire and the original tweet as the problem?

lol

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you not  see how this says everything about social media users and nothing about the original source?

The same social media users who then go on to blast Maguire and the original tweet as the problem?

lolth

Journalist makes cryptic comments and then sits back to enjoy the fallout. If someone has something to say , then say it or shut up. Speculation seekers  like 

your senlol

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well what a controversial stance to take...
How dare he suggest that our spending/finances aren't as good as they could be?

lol

It was just an observation as to why he might have the opinion ‘not bad, but also not good news’ about a story relating to Wednesday. 

I’m not questioning his opinion, just merely applying abit of common sense to the possible reasoning behind the quote. 

• Like 1