News due this week??

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Don’t think it’s about the late accounts because he spoke about that before bringing this up as another issue.

”Theres some new news due about about Wednesday, the only thing I can tell you is l can’t tell you anything about it. In my opinion it’s not good news”.

Who knows....

Could be anything, more foreign investment, selling shares etc etc. Can't see it being accounts as even we wouldn't be daft enough to upset the EFL again would we.

3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

A number of so called football financial journalist experts.

Where?

Post the link mate - I want to see this for myself where they've 'speculated and exaggerated matters, to make them feel important. '

Post the link to where they've done that

You know...

So we can see you're not just an agenda ridden bitter individual with an axe to grind against them, or a pundit basher.

lol

Post the link so we can see it for ourselves and make our own minds up

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Who says the accounts  are late , and who knows what arrangement has been agreed with EFL, none of us lot that's for sure !!

The only person who will know what is going on is our lawyer who certainly will not divulge.

The appeal is not straightforward, but it appears there are some people who are so called experts who are out of the loop, so they love 

to speculate and exaggerate matters, makes them feel important.  

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly common these days it seems to me. People are not affronted by things other people do, but their own perceptions (often illusory or even disingenuous) of what they do that serve some other purpose. The journalist quoted has done none of what you charge him with. He hasn't even mentioned the accounts or the appeal, never mind made any unreasonable assumptions about them. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ITKers are funny

Although it would be amazing if we could blockchain their posts and trace them back to the very first source

So if someone comes on and says 'Wednesday have done xxxxxxxxxx' we could then find out who they've heard that from, then who THEY've heard that from and track it right back until we find the very first person on the internet to post it and see who it is, what they know, but most importantly WHY THEY DID IT

lol

The NHS track and trace app can be used for that 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Where?

Post the link mate - I want to see this for myself where they've 'speculated and exaggerated matters, to make them feel important. '

Post the link to where they've done that

You know...

So we can see you're not just an agenda ridden bitter individual with an axe to grind against them

WTF you on about , do your own reading you lazy slap head,😀  I have no axe to grind against anyone, there is plenty to red outside Owlstalk you know!

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly common these days it seems to me. People are not affronted by things other people do, but their own perceptions (often illusory or even disingenuous) of what they do that serve some other purpose. The journalist quoted has done none of what you charge him with. He hasn't even mentioned the accounts or the appeal, never mind made any unreasonable assumptions about them. 

Yeah but let's blindly bash the pundits

It'll make us feel all self important and knowledgable

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Who says the accounts  are late , and who knows what arrangement has been agreed with EFL, none of us lot that's for sure !!

The only person who will know what is going on is our lawyer who certainly will not divulge.

The appeal is not straightforward, but it appears there are some people who are so called experts who are out of the loop, so they love 

to speculate and exaggerate matters, makes them feel important.  

The accounts should have been filed with Companies House by 31 July 2020, but as of today have not been and therefore they are late.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why do we file late?

very good question. Other clubs seem to have no problem getting their accounts in by deadlines, it’s strange if nothing else. You would think with our problems with the EFL we wouldn’t want to do anything else that may bite us on the arse and antagonise them. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 2