News due this week??

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Why do we file late?

Does anyone know if we have also filed late with HMRC, as generally with company accounts the two reflect each other so if we have filed with HMRC then it seems pointless to file late at companies house.

Cant remember but there might be slightly different filing dates.

Edited by catdog1121

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’m not sure they can post the accounts until appeal is done,  or that’s what I was told 

Im sure there might be someone a bit more on the ball with it who can add further 

That wouldn’t surprise me. Derby were reported late posting their accounts & the EFL are appealing their disciplinary decision.

50 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How would an accountant get wind of this before the 'investagative journalists' locally?

Just a guess. It might well be something to do with the accounts but obviously it’s something he can’t elaborate on now? It could be investment, a loan, anything? But he says developing story which suggests something is happening behind the scenes. Wouldn’t surprise me due to several things not least the pandemic, DC wants out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How would an accountant get wind of this before the 'investagative journalists' locally?

If he's a fan and an accountant by trade, if he's having a look then he's obviously going to spot any issues before some local journalist it's his job. Which leads me to the thoughts it must be a financial problem somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Just a guess. It might well be something to do with the accounts but obviously it’s something he can’t elaborate on now? It could be investment, a loan, anything? But he says developing story which suggests something is happening behind the scenes. Wouldn’t surprise me due to several things not least the pandemic, DC wants out?

So the bad news could be that the owner who can bankroll us for a season with no gate money wants out and the new owner isn't as rich, so maybe can't?

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

If he's a fan and an accountant by trade, if he's having a look then he's obviously going to spot any issues before some local journalist it's his job. Which leads me to the thoughts it must be a financial problem somewhere. 

Unless he has seen the unpublished accounts, which he can't have, I don't see what he can be aware of other than a rumour

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So the bad news could be that the owner who can bankroll us for a season with no gate money wants out and the new owner isn't as rich, so maybe can't?

Maybe? I was thinking more of it could be an owner or group with more than one club and his take was in opinion it wasn’t good news but the line, let’s wait and see was interesting?

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Best get our business done today then, before we’re under an embargo again Don’t want to be left without this last piece of the jigsaw when a fresh embargo hits Imagine having to limp along with the forwards we have

should have bought forwards in the first instance 

45 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly common these days it seems to me. People are not affronted by things other people do, but their own perceptions (often illusory or even disingenuous) of what they do that serve some other purpose. The journalist quoted has done none of what you charge him with. He hasn't even mentioned the accounts or the appeal, never mind made any unreasonable assumptions about them. 

Would seem this is a not a story. 

10 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Unless he has seen the unpublished accounts, which he can't have, I don't see what he can be aware of other than a rumour

Or perhaps he's noticed another issue in the year befores accounts that hadn't been picked up previously. 

Hence it could be bad news, but also good news as theyve already punished us, for that years meaning they may not be able to again.