GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

When the on field problems stem from the manager, how can we not discuss one without the other? 

Totally agree,if its relevant,team selection,tactics,substitutions all fair game...just please without the unnecessary(from some) 'bile' & constant 'monk out'  usually with references to 'last season' ...

The only season that matters is this one,lets give the side,the players,& the manager a fair shake,and see how the results go..

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, that's what I said.

Neither suggest that a manager isn't 'behind the team', though.

You could view it as the manager having confidence in his players to keep it tight or nick another goal on the break. Let's face it: we were a lick of paint and an extremely unfortunate third centerback injury away from exactly that yesterday.

And then maybe you may also wonder why we've let in so many late goals?

When I team is on the ascendancy (and thus playing in a way that affords them control of the game), why change things to play more defensively (and with 25 minutes to go, might I add).

That in no way can be mistaken for having faith in the abilities of your players.

When you sit back, you invite pressure. Why even assume the increased pressure in the first place when your on the front foot? It was just a self-fulfilling prophecy yesterday to bring Pelupessy on and go with two sitting midfielders to prepare for an increased amount of pressure. It was what gave fuel to the pressure.

16 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Question, is Parajack Garry Monk?

Question: were you expecting loads of 'likes'? that joke hasnt been done before on here has it? Oh wait....!!   **** me...Be ORIGINAL...at least  Cos you aint funny

Edited by parajack

15 minutes ago, cowl said:

And then maybe you may also wonder why we've let in so many late goals?

When I team is on the ascendancy (and thus playing in a way that affords them control of the game), why change things to play more defensively (and with 25 minutes to go, might I add).

That in no way can be mistaken for having faith in the abilities of your players.

When you sit back, you invite pressure. Why even assume the increased pressure in the first place when your on the front foot? It was just a self-fulfilling prophecy yesterday to bring Pelupessy on and go with two sitting midfielders to prepare for an increased amount of pressure. It was what gave fuel to the pressure.

We were easily dealing with QPR's 'pressure' up until Lees went off, and created our best clear-cut opportunity of the game hitting them on the break in the final few minutes of the 90.

It's a valid tactic which countless managers use.

How you equate that with having no faith in their players, I don't know.

3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

So are you or not?

To be, or not to be? That is the question—

Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And, by opposing, end them? To die, to sleep—

No more—and by a sleep to say we end

The heartache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to—’tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished! To die, to sleep.

To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there’s the rub,

Edited by parajack

I'm neither Monk in or out at the moment but he does seem to make strange decisions.

With 20/25 minutes to go yesterday QPR weren't really causing us much concern and we looked like taking all 3 points.

So why use our last sub and change the tactics to holding and inviting them on and what happened is just deja vu, as it's happens time and time again.

I see why some get over frustrated.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We were easily dealing with QPR's 'pressure' up until Lees went off, and created our best clear-cut opportunity of the game hitting them on the break in the final few minutes of the 90.

It's a valid tactic which countless managers use.

How you equate that with having no faith in their players, I don't know.

I understand full-well about the tactic of hitting teams on the break, my point is why did we revert from a position of having control of a game by playing on the front foot (a period which got us the lead), to one whereby we invite the pressure upon us with the goal of hitting a team on the break?

Given the defensive injuries we'd endured yesterday, why change tactic to invite more pressure on the defence, when the tactic which we'd hitherto employed in that half (and which actually had got us the lead, after all) was working?

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

watch the bile mate 

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

watch the bile mate 

Now your slipping....your other comment was much funnier...this one? predictable really....surprising me how  a request for a friendlier,less predictable debate has really gotten under some peoples skin...

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine suggesting the manager isn't behind the team though 

lol

Imagine constantly saying that some fans (involved in fans criticizing the manager shocker) of a team aren't behind the team though.

Our current points per game average would see us end the season on 45 points (following the deduction), which is just below the average points required to stay up in the Championship (46).

This doesn't even fctor in the inevitable Garry Monk second half of season collapse.

I'd say we are up a certain creek without a paddle.

• Haha 1