GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Says the guy who posted the ranty OP about what was on here.

Your just proving my point,arguing for arguing sake,calling my opinion(which i am entitled to) 'a rant'....I havnt responded in kind have I/?no insults from me....  Your not on 'the rightside' of this debate are you?

Edited by parajack

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Don't know why some think we've made a reasonable start to the season. If we accrue the same percentage of points over the rest of it, we will get relegated with around 46 pts. I really do find it hard to believe that our home form has been so bad, and so few goals scored, that the manager is still being backed and indeed is still employed. 

We need to be in positive points by the next international break or is going to be a very short season. That's 9 points out of the next 6 games. Birmingham, Brentford, Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe, Bournemouth. 3 very winnable 2 could draw and 1 probably loss.

• Like 1

Just now, Dot said:

so basically you've started a thread to antagonise people (as usual) and get the hump when people respond accordingly

If your not argumentative,why would it antaganise you?....I havnt got the 'hump' about anything,what you think i am sat here raging away at my keyboard?

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

stop the bile please parajack

That was at least funny...is so antaganistic,to appeal for a more friendly,less judgmental forum?  we have all seen the for/against arguments  many times...why cant we just talk about the pro's & cons of the football?..without the usual demonisation of our manager,and 'last season'?

Edited by parajack

26 minutes ago, parajack said:

Really is getting hard work trawling through some of the threads,and thread replies....the regular contributors all know each others views...

Do we have to have the same old,same old trotted out again & again? I just myself  now scroll past the monk is...%$&&**&&& as i simply can no longer be bothered to reply/rebut  WE KNOW   thats what you think,we have seen you post it,how many times ????  

FFS give it a rest, focus on the football on the field,and critique that...FAIRLY...without your 'monk' blinkers..lets have a footballing discussion,as Wednesdayites,& lose the meaningless hate..

WAWAW?

When the on field problems stem from the manager, how can we not discuss one without the other? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Don't know why some think we've made a reasonable start to the season. If we accrue the same percentage of points over the rest of it, we will get relegated with around 46 pts. I really do find it hard to believe that our home form has been so bad, and so few goals scored, that the manager is still being backed and indeed is still employed. 

Our current points per game average would see us end the season on 45 points (following the deduction), which is just below the average points required to stay up in the Championship (46).

But we're looking at it after 4 games, which is far too early to start panicking.

If we win our next game, then our points per game jumps to 1.6 and we'd be looking at finishing the season on 61 points. Equally though, that wouldn't suggest we were on track for a successful season, as it would be based on just the opening 5 games.

We'll have tough runs of games where we struggle for points, and we'll have easier spells where the points roll in more readily. Our opening 4 games against Cardiff, Watford, Bristol City and QPR probably err towards the tougher end of the spectrum, but ultimately it's just too early to tell.

After 10 games we'll have a much clearer idea of our prospects for the season ahead.

• Like 2

‘Get behind the team’ = ‘Stop criticising the manager’

I'm behind the team, I just wish the manager was.

Our players are far better than needing to sit back and play defensive for the last 25 minutes against an average QPR side.

37 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its not monk on the pitch Jim,and if you look at Bruce,he isnt impressing at Newcastle,so fickle can fans allegedly be......Monk needs time,so would any manager coming in,it would be certain relegation in view,to sack him now.we simply must give him time..he isnt responsible for starting -12 is he?..And a win and 2 draws is a perfectly acceptable start to a season...bet wilder wouldnt mind going into todays match with record  be PATIENT  its all we can do Jim..

Totally agree about the -12. It’s the constant conceding of late goals and taking the foot off the gas when in front though in all fairness that’s been a factor in our play long before Monk arrived. 

I think the relative inexperience that currently exists in the squad particularly between the sticks is one of the reasons we get landed with late punches more often at the moment?

I see your point about changing the manager this season of all seasons could have a negative effect but Monk doesn’t help himself with his team selections and substitutions in particular. I mean first two games Rhodes and Penney start, we pick up 4 points from the first two games. Neither were exceptional but neither were poor either. Rhodes gets benched, Penney drops out of favour altogether. He also did this with Rhodes post-lockdown.

I do think his team selections have a lucky bag feel every week. His supporters say he’s building something here. I’m not so sure. It won’t be long before the formation changes again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Are we supposed to take those statements seriously? 

REALLY?

Yes. (Although I don't expect this myopic version of you to)

Why he did set us up negatively with 25 minutes to go? He doesn't believe in the players at his disposal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cowl said:

‘Get behind the team’ = ‘Stop criticising the manager’

I'm behind the team, I just wish the manager was.

Our players are far better than needing to sit back and play defensive for the last 25 minutes against an average QPR side.

Are they?!

We're an average at best Championship side ourselves.

Most teams at this level will naturally drop a bit deeper towards the end of a game when they're defending a lead. That's no comment on whether or not their manager is behind the team; it's just human nature. It can also be an effective tactic in order to hit an increasingly-desperate opponent on the counter-attack.

We were unfortunate yesterday that we didn't capitalise on our golden opportunity to hit QPR on the break and double our lead on 88 minutes, as until we lost Lees and went down to ten men we'd kept QPR at arms' length during that second half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are they?!

We're an average at best Championship side ourselves.

Most teams at this level will naturally drop a bit deeper towards the end of a game when they're defending a lead. That's no comment on whether or not their manager is behind the team; it's just human nature. It can also be an effective tactic in order to hit an increasingly-desperate opponent on the counter-attack.

We were unfortunate yesterday that we didn't capitalise on our golden opportunity to hit QPR on the break and double our lead on 88 minutes, as until we lost Lees and went down to ten men we'd kept QPR at arms' length during that second half.

There's naturally dropping, and then there's doing it by virtue of a tactical substitution.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

There's naturally dropping, and then there's doing it by virtue of a tactical substitution.

Yes, that's what I said.

Neither suggest that a manager isn't 'behind the team', though.

You could view it as the manager having confidence in his players to keep it tight or nick another goal on the break. Let's face it: we were a lick of paint and an extremely unfortunate third centerback injury away from exactly that yesterday.