Paul Cook

Guest Therealrealist

If it wasn’t for covid monk wud be well gone..I think dcs been done up like a kipper again(for the millionth time) by allowing monk to bring his cronies in..can’t afford to sack this mob now

54 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Monk certainly needs a win against QPR though. A 0-0 or god forbid a defeat will really get people going. He’s got to go for it on Saturday and let’s hope he’s actually got players on the pitch who know where the goal is. 

Garry Monk going for it.

“Cammy, Cammy...kick it further!”

• Haha 1

I am torn. 

On one side we have played 3 teams who we would “expect” to be in the top 6 (although two of them have had slowish starts) and he now has his own team in for the first time. 

On the other hand, on the pitch, we have a brittle defence once the opposition get on top, a decent midfield, and a non existent attack. 

We have no player in the club who is capable of driving the team forward or instilling any fight when things aren’t going right. 

And again on one hand it’s only 3 games into the season.......and on the other hand, the last season which finished about 2 minutes before the new one started was a complete disaster from Christmas and our best player in that period has gone. 

It doesn’t look great but I hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

A manager with a proven record, promotions to his name and worked wonders with little or no money at Wigan. Go and get him Chansiri and get rid of Monk before it's too late. 5 wins in last 25 league games is unacceptable. Jos got sacked with a better record than Monk. 

So did you post similar after we beat Cardiff 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

A manager with a proven record, promotions to his name and worked wonders with little or no money at Wigan. Go and get him Chansiri and get rid of Monk before it's too late. 5 wins in last 25 league games is unacceptable. Jos got sacked with a better record than Monk. 

Spot on..

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Thats been posted numerous times fella,had no basis then,certainly has none now.

He’s crap he wer havin a nightmare then the season got curtailed..why doesn’t it have basis...fella

I thought we were going to have some perspective?

At the start of the season (and even after Cardiff) most fans admitted a lot had changed behind the scenes, and the newly forged team spirit and addition of backroom staff is exactly what we needed and that it would take time to nurture but we were finally heading in the right direction. We understood we’d lose games but as long as the players were giving everything.

Now, one defeat after a strong first half but crap second half, and we’re reverting back to ‘Monk out’ and all the other boring nonsense 

Unbelievable some of you lot 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Its not just today , far from it. Ive been calling for him to go since the restart last season. A manager is rightly judged on results, and he isnt getting the results. 

5 wins in last 25 league games. 

Whats his record this season?

This is exactly the sort of attitude we don’t need. 

We have started the season on -12 due to the poor running of the club over the past 5 years. 

Most of our “so called” better players refused to see the last season out with us as they already had their eyes on their next pay cheques. 

Monk has managed to shift most of the deadwood and is actively looking to develop and nurture the young talent coming through. 

We have lost one game in five and people start touting for a new manager!!!!!! 

This is not a quick fix project and we can expect much darker days to come than losing 2-0 away to top of the league. 

I haven’t been Monks biggest supporter but now is the time for us all to pull together and get behind the team. 
Let’s face it, we aren’t the most attractive of clubs at the minute. 

Im happy with the players that are here and the way we are playing. 

If we stay up, it would be as good an achievement than the two years we reached the playoffs. 

Never before have we more needed to be “All Wednesday!”  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Why is he out of work if he’s so brilliant ?

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is a really good point, and it puts into words my own reservations better than I'd been able to up to now.

We were really good in that first half today, closing down in packs, putting Bristol City under pressure in midfield, and forcing them into mistakes. The issue was that we weren't able to capitalise on this, and squandered the promising positions we'd got into. If Windass had put away that chance that Kachunga laid on for him, the result may have been very different. But he didn't; and we paid for it in the second half.

We got used to having the likes of Fletcher, Hooper, Forestieri, 2018 Reach and even João at times, who were all capable of producing a goal out of nothing and turning the tide of a game when we were under the cosh. We no longer have players of that quality, and so more often than not, we need to score when we're on top.

Today, it looked like we largely burned ourselves out in order to get on top in the first half, but when we were unable to capitalise on that, it left us vulnerable in the second half.

Good analysis. We won't win many games this season with our current set of strikers irregardless of who the manager is.

Whilst I'm hardly Monks biggest fan he's working with a very a average squad and as a minimum he needs a couple of decent options up top. Until he has those at his disposal I wont be judging him too harshly.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

This is exactly the sort of attitude we don’t need. 

We have started the season on -12 due to the poor running of the club over the past 5 years. 

Most of our “so called” better players refused to see the last season out with us as they already had their eyes on their next pay cheques. 

Monk has managed to shift most of the deadwood and is actively looking to develop and nurture the young talent coming through. 

We have lost one game in five and people start touting for a new manager!!!!!! 

This is not a quick fix project and we can expect much darker days to come than losing 2-0 away to top of the league. 

I haven’t been Monks biggest supporter but now is the time for us all to pull together and get behind the team. 
Let’s face it, we aren’t the most attractive of clubs at the minute. 

Im happy with the players that are here and the way we are playing. 

If we stay up, it would be as good an achievement than the two years we reached the playoffs. 

Never before have we more needed to be “All Wednesday!”  

Needs to quit with the stupid decisions then doesn’t he.

It ain’t the fault of the fans. That’s for sure

• Like 1