Paul Cook

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I thought we were going to have some perspective?

At the start of the season (and even after Cardiff) most fans admitted a lot had changed behind the scenes, and the newly forged team spirit and addition of backroom staff is exactly what we needed and that it would take time to nurture but we were finally heading in the right direction. We understood we’d lose games but as long as the players were giving everything.

Now, one defeat after a strong first half but crap second half, and we’re reverting back to ‘Monk out’ and all the other boring nonsense 

Unbelievable some of you lot 

Perspective for some lasts as long as the match does.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thinking Reach is a striker

Bringing Reach on as a striker and then having to move him to bring a striker on

Starting Kachunga after a horrible midweek showing

Need more? There’s lots of examples from his time with us. 

I’m sure Monk is well aware that Reach isn’t a striker. 
Unfortunately we aren’t blessed in that department hence trying to make do with what we have. 

Windass or Kachunga aren’t CFs either but the reality is our only real striker is Rhodes. 

Im sure he would love to have the luxury of 3/4 options to enable him to change mid week but we simply don’t. 

He is trying to make a difficult situation work and don’t think touting other people for this almost impossible challenge is helping. 

Edited by Pod9
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

Unfortunately we aren’t blessed in that department hence trying to make do with what we have. 

Windass or Kachunga aren’t CFs either but the reality is our only real striker is Rhodes. 

Im sure he would love to have the luxury of 3/4 options to enable him to change mid week but we simply don’t. 

He is trying to make a difficult situation work and don’t think touting other people for this almost impossible challenge is helping. 

You mean the only real striker he dropped?

And then when we needed a striker he brought on Reach?

The same Reach that he said is best centrally?

But then he needed to bring on a striker so he moved Reach out wide 

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Its not just today , far from it. Ive been calling for him to go since the restart last season. A manager is rightly judged on results, and he isnt getting the results. 

5 wins in last 25 league games. 

Genuine question: were you this vocal after the first two games? 

Why not post this after the Cardiff game ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

And haven't we done that up until the second half today?

Took advantage of poor defending to beat a decent Cardiff side. Dominated a much fancied Watford in the first half last weekend and then held them off in the second half. And again, dominated Bristol City in the first half today.

So yes, I've seen enough to make me optimistic. Unfortunately, some people will focus on the second half today rather than the  2 1/2 games prior to that.

Some people will just focus on the 2 and a half games from this season rather than the travesty of the rest of his reign 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Give. It. A. Rest.

And get behind the team.

I hate this kind of comment.

Whos to say he’s not behind the team ?? I bet like most fans and like myself I am 100 percent behind the team as we need to get enough points to finish 4th bottom.

But our feeling is the manager will not be able to achieve this. All the evidence points this way. And i and others want him

gone ASAP. Does this mean we’re not behind the team ? No it does not. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

2012, 8 years ish.

Detail spoils stats though. It makes them look meaningless. lol

I’m sure Howard Wilkinson’s stats were really good too. Apart from that unfortunate 45 minutes at home to Everton.

I think the time gap for Megson to return is too big. Just my opinion.

And I’d also envisage a strained relationship with DC.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I hate this kind of comment.

Whos to say he’s not behind the team ?? I bet like most fans and like myself I am 100 percent behind the team as we need to get enough points to finish 4th bottom.

But our feeling is the manager will not be able to achieve this. All the evidence points this way. And i and others want him

gone ASAP. Does this mean we’re not behind the team ? No it does not. 

I didn’t here anyone saying this after the Cardiff game, sounds v much like sing when you’re winning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Genuine question: were you this vocal after the first two games? 

Why not post this after the Cardiff game ?

I've been posting this since the restart last season. Check my posting history. 

3 hours ago, Pod9 said:

Monk signed Windass & Kachunga so it’s wrong to say he is having to make do with what he has. Monk steadfastly refuses to play Reach at LM / LWB which is his natural position, instead trying to shoehorn Reach into a position which doesn’t suit him. Monk has used resources to sign Dunkley that could have been put towards an experienced striker when we already had Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken, Urhoghide who can play CB. People need to start to consider that Monk is part of the problem and not part of the solution. 

6 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Monk signed Windass & Kachunga so it’s wrong to say he is having to make do with what he has. Monk steadfastly refuses to play Reach at LM / LWB which is his natural position, instead trying to shoehorn Reach into a position which doesn’t suit him. Monk has used resources to sign Dunkley that could have been put towards an experienced striker when we already had Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken, Urhoghide who can play CB. People need to start to consider that Monk is part of the problem and not part of the solution. 

Let's not forget he wasted money giving

pellupessy a new deal too. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria

Monk ain't going nowhere and he deserves at least 10-15 games now he has his own team in.

However, if after 10 games and he is still playing Reach up top and our performances resemble anything like that shambles of a second half yesterday, then he needs to start preparing to pack his bags.

Edited by Bulgaria