Paul Cook

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I hate this kind of comment.

Whos to say he’s not behind the team ?? I bet like most fans and like myself I am 100 percent behind the team as we need to get enough points to finish 4th bottom.

But our feeling is the manager will not be able to achieve this. All the evidence points this way. And i and others want him

gone ASAP. Does this mean we’re not behind the team ? No it does not. 

Given all your negative comments on here then no, I don't think you personally are 100% behind the team.

I've seen enough in the opening 3 games to know we are heading in the right direction and have a good chance of staying up this season. The players are fit, hard working and together.

Let's all get behind them and give them our full support.

• Like 4

I wasn't inspired when he came in. 

He tried to implement some things last year, but to be honest post lockdown was just woeful. 

This season he's got his backroom team in, we'd made a few shrewd signings for cheap, so was prepared to wipe last year off and give monk a clean slate this season. 

For me we see where we are at Christmas, if we're still cut adrift and struggling to win games then he'll need to go. 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I didn’t here anyone saying this after the Cardiff game, sounds v much like sing when you’re winning. 

I have said it since the season finished and it was made clear monk wouldnt be sacked. 

As i say above my opinion is negative in Monk. Thats my opinion. But i am behind the team 100 percent every time they play weather i agree with the management or not. I just dont like the comments of get behind them and keep quiet when clearly 99% of supporters weather pro monk or anti monk are behind the team.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Given all your negative comments on here then no, I don't think you personally are 100% behind the team.

I've seen enough in the opening 3 games to know we are heading in the right direction and have a good chance of staying up this season. The players are fit, hard working and together.

Yes a lot of my comments are negative. That is my opinion at the moment i dont see much to be positive about in the club. Doesnt mean i am not behind the it just means my opinion is different from yours. 

As you say you have seen enough to think we'll stay up. I havent. The players were fit together and hard working when Bruce was hear, but then the same players were accused of the opposite under monk. I was behind them then too but saw lots of positives. 

As i have said the day monk gets sacked will be a good day for this club IMO, but staying up this season is a must. So they have my full support and they do most other  anti monk fans. But i believe i have valid reasons to state my cause for concern. And comments like your not behind the team are false. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Whilst I share your view bud. 

You can be playing well, but you need to win games and that's where I'm worried. 

The season we whent down with big Ron in charge, we'd played some really good football, but didn't take our chances or finish teams off. Which is why I've still got that nagging doubt as it's vey similar, though with the added mill stone of the - 12.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whilst I share your view bud. 

You can be playing well, but you need to win games and that's where I'm worried. 

The season we whent down with big Ron in charge, we'd played some really good football, but didn't take our chances or finish teams off. Which is why I've still got that nagging doubt as it's vey similar, though with the added mill stone of the - 12.

Totally agree mate. We do need to start making our advantage count. If we'd put one of our half chances away on Sunday it would probably have been a different result.

My concerns at the moment are purely on getting the right 2 strikers in. With good additions I'm sure we'll be fine. The next week is crucial for us.

People saying judge after 10 games 

With Monk's 5h1t record here we could still be on minus points 

Monk has proved nothing in a year of being here that he has a clue/plan of what he is doing 

A year on and he still plays players in wrong positions 

Awful subs

No plan B 

'but why didn't you say anything after Cardiff?' 

Because we won and was nothing to complain about, so no criticism needed 

Last two games the old fart in the wind Garry has reverted back to his old self 

He'd have been sacked 6 months ago by another chairman in the EFL

Unfortunately our chairman is as clueless as a blindman in a strippers bar and backed monk with signings and his own team 

I'll back the team, the club 

But Garry is taking the P155 and should be removed 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

People saying judge after 10 games 

With Monk's 5h1t record here we could still be on minus points 

Monk has proved nothing in a year of being here that he has a clue/plan of what he is doing 

A year on and he still plays players in wrong positions 

Awful subs

No plan B 

'but why didn't you say anything after Cardiff?' 

Because we won and was nothing to complain about, so no criticism needed 

Last two games the old fart in the wind Garry has reverted back to his old self 

He'd have been sacked 6 months ago by another chairman in the EFL

Unfortunately our chairman is as clueless as a blindman in a strippers bar and backed monk with signings and his own team 

I'll back the team, the club 

But Garry is taking the P155 and should be removed 

What worries me is we had a chance to get rid of him at nil cost after the disaster of last season.

Instead we've kept him on, and brought in his mates, who will now cost money to remove.

Can't help thinking this is another a DC mistake to add to his long list.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Some people will just focus on the 2 and a half games from this season rather than the travesty of the rest of his reign 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolutely, like some on here admit to not acknowledging results pre Christmas where Monk was the manager and the team was punching above their weight.

Describing it as a honeymoon period, a fluke, nothing to do with Monk.

Some people eh...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, parajack said:

Again? last season again!!!  will you,and others ever let it go?

Fair enough, you keep saying that so how many games do you think is fair this season before judging whether Monk has turned the corner?

Genuine question, because I’m absolutely desperate to see what you see and what is so different. So, for what it’s worth I’ll wait until then before judging him again, and I hope to god at that point those of us consistently warning about his record over the past 50 games have been wrong.

3 minutes ago, slow83 said:

Fair enough, you keep saying that so how many games do you think is fair this season before judging whether Monk has turned the corner?

Genuine question, because I’m absolutely desperate to see what you see and what is so different. So, for what it’s worth I’ll wait until then before judging him again, and I hope to god at that point those of us consistently warning about his record over the past 50 games have been wrong.

Ive answered before: I want to see progress,on the field,as well as results/I want to see a plan coming together(like a better,tighter defense) & a way of dealing with our limitations(still 6,7 squad regulars from last Year)

How long?...I would give him till Xmas to show said progress,because i think its a massive job.IF we are still in the 'doldrums' after Xmas,i would look  at why?

Depending on my conclusion,& if i thought Monk wasnt making the right tactical decisions I would push for change.

IF however i just thought the S6 issues are too great to turn around in a season,& didnt hold Monk responsible for what i saw on the pitch

(hold on FFS PAUSE!) It might be necessary to go further..

.This Club is in trouble...has been for some time....guess we will have to wait & see.

Difference between say Monk & Jos? lots Championship experience,contacts,time at S6...no language barrier,own coaching team....ANd different character..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What worries me is we had a chance to get rid of him at nil cost after the disaster of last season.

Instead we've kept him on, and brought in his mates, who will now cost money to remove.

Exactly 

DC has even given up or lost the plot 

Sadly I think its both 

When your in a relegation battle you need everyone knowing what they are doing 

I bet monk gets lost finding his way to the ground still 

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
On 28/09/2020 at 00:35, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Monk signed Windass & Kachunga so it’s wrong to say he is having to make do with what he has. Monk steadfastly refuses to play Reach at LM / LWB which is his natural position, instead trying to shoehorn Reach into a position which doesn’t suit him. Monk has used resources to sign Dunkley that could have been put towards an experienced striker when we already had Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken, Urhoghide who can play CB. People need to start to consider that Monk is part of the problem and not part of the solution. 

Name me one manager that’s played Reach steadfastly on the Left while he’s been our player. He’s been played everywhere by every manager not just Monk. 
Monk signs a defender to help bolster a defence that conceded 60 goals last season, and he has wasted resources ?
Where constantly looking for an experienced striker, so is most of the League. We cannot just go out and spend 10 million on a striker. It’s called FFP and Covid. 

Some would rather blame Monk rather than the situation. 

Guest Willow Owl
12 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Exactly 

DC has even given up or lost the plot 

Sadly I think its both 

When your in a relegation battle you need everyone knowing what they are doing 

I bet monk gets lost finding his way to the ground still 

I think it’s more like some of our fan base are losing the plot. 
Since the new year our form has been poor agreed. 
Now he has got rid of most of the underachieving high wage brigade. and  has his own coaching team in place. He  is bringing in young players on a shoestring budget and playing to a system that he wants to play and the players know how he wants to play. We are a massive work in progress and it will take time, whether we had the points deduction or not, and no matter who was in charge.

So far I can see that progress is being made and that is all any fan should be asking at this stage. 
Come Christmas and that progress has disappeared and we are going backwards then fair enough review his position. Give the man a chance FFS. 

On 27/09/2020 at 15:45, S36 OWL said:

A manager with a proven record, promotions to his name and worked wonders with little or no money at Wigan. Go and get him Chansiri and get rid of Monk before it's too late. 5 wins in last 25 league games is unacceptable. Jos got sacked with a better record than Monk. 

F.F.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Guest Willow Owl
21 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Just another chance to bash the Chairman then.

With the current climate and the very real possibility of losing numerous clubs because of no game day revenue (£771,000 per game) I was reading ours was, where would we be without him. It’s a nonsensical comment, In very difficult times while he is funding our current losses from his own pocket.

He’s backed Monk, whether you agree with it or not. The amount of negativity after one defeat is ridiculous and totally unbelievable.  
I will give it until Christmas, when you can make an rational decision on whether  progress is being made. Until then I will back Monk and the club.
Just my opinion !!!

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Just another chance to bash the Chairman then.

With the current climate and the very real possibility of losing numerous clubs because of no game day revenue (£771,000 per game) I was reading ours was, where would we be without him. It’s a nonsensical comment, In very difficult times while he is funding our current losses from his own pocket.

He’s backed Monk, whether you agree with it or not. The amount of negativity after one defeat is ridiculous and totally unbelievable.  
I will give it until Christmas, when you can make an rational decision on whether  progress is being made. Until then I will back Monk and the club.
Just my opinion !!!

But our money covers nothing..the chairman told us that..

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

But our money covers nothing..the chairman told us that..

That’s a poor answer, especially in current climate.