Very Wednesday...

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 20.57.51.jpg

VERY WEDNESDAY

As a reputable Championship side whose aim was a top-half finish, Sheffield Wednesday also entered a new decade. Very Wednesday tells the unofficial story of the extraordinary and unprecedented 2019/20 campaign both on and off the field.

With a fixture by fixture narrative, author Louis Paul Shackshaft also provides an informative and enlightening insight into the Owls’ pre-season, managerial departures, appointments, transfer windows, suspensions, looming misconduct charges, the coronavirus pandemic, player contributions, statistics and much more.

There has never been a campaign like this before and it will forever be remembered due to its intricate nature. Meanwhile, Wednesdayites could only watch and wait whilst fine margins continued to play a pivotal role in the outcome of the Owls’ future. Relive the emotional highs and lows of the complex 2019/20 season and step into the world of a Sheffield Wednesday fan…

Check it out HERE 👉 https://amzn.to/32iswTV

Sheffield Wednesday Books 👉https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/owlstalk?listId=3W41F1RIR7687

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

It was bad enough watching last season, now you are advertising the enticing opportunity to pay £9 for the privilege of reliving it in reading a game by game narrative over the course of 143 pages! 

:ghoulguy:

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was bad enough watching last season, now you are advertising the enticing opportunity to pay £9 for the privilege of reliving it in reading a game by game narrative over the course of 143 pages! 

:ghoulguy:

Hey people buy books on the Nazi's and Margaret Thatcher and the Miners Strike

You appreciate the good times even more when you revisit the bad times

lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Fair enough, the insight is probably more likely to keep the reader awake than actually watching back the games too.

Cut and paste probably came in hand, the phrase -  Monk realised he got his approach totally wrong and had no option but to make a double tactical substitution at half-time. Sadly it was to no avail as the Owls were comfortably beaten. - could have been used half a dozen times!

Monkmanface

sorry for having a cheeky dig at Monk in a non-Monk based thread, please don't shoot me for it.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Cut and paste probably came in hand, the phrase -  Monk realised he got his approach totally wrong and had no option but to make a double tactical substitution at half-time. Sadly it was to no avail as the Owls were comfortably beaten.

lol

That is soooooo true tho

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

So this is the third book in a trilogy, nazi, thatcher and Wednesday. I can see a bidding war for the movie rights. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

In the same year as Our Lowest Ebb... This reads like an introduction to the sequel

I'll make room for these 2 books alongside my early Manic Street Preachers and Radiohead albums on my 'feel good mood' shelf! 

WTF:

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Don't forget The Smiths 😂

Schoolboy error missing them out!

Some of Morrisey's solo stuff seems more apt though, particularly the singles, 'we hate it when our friends become successful' and 'you have killed me'!

:bullen: