The new signings - sign of things to come

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’d take the throw of a coin gamble, over bringing players who I already know are no better than what we already have

In the situation we are in now I would agree. Dont think we will go down so it gives us a season to get players up to a better level.

8 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Yeah, Barnsley went the cheap, young, hungry and fit route last year. See how well it paid off for them. With a lucky break or too on points deductions and squad decimation for other clubs, it may be possible to avoid relegation.

Once we’d got a decent head coach, who was up to championship standard, and the young lads had got 15/20 games under their belt, we did really well. When you’ve just been promoted and brought in 14 new signing theirs always going to be a transition period. Unfortunately during that period we didn’t win a game for four months, and needed to employ a new head coach. 

Surviving in a league, were all around you, teams are over spending and breaking the rules, whilst you abide by the rules, and only spend what your club generates, is a remarkable achievement, regardless of other clubs dodgy dealings coming back to bite them on the arse. 

But when you have a club that generates a pittance in comparison to other clubs, a team full of under 23s, who only signed for the club last summer, and they basically gave everyone one a four month head start it’s a miracle we survived. 

But survive we did, we had to do it the hard way and rely on other clubs losing going into the last two games, but ultimately we did what we had to do. Whilst the other clubs bottled it, despite all their off field problems all they had to do to relegate us and survive themselves was win their last game, but they wasn’t up to it. We might have been lucky but we also made or own luck in the end. 

The best thing about last season, is these young lads can now be judged on next season. Regardless of the circumstances they’ve gave themselves that opportunity, and they deserve it. 

• Like 2

I can see Dunkley being a massive fan favourite.

Watch how he plays, his goals, watch his interviews, see how he talks and compare that to the stale meek nature of most players we've had in the past.

I can see him being captain material and exactly the kind of player we need in our position and for the next few years.

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

I can see Dunkley being a massive fan favourite.

Watch how he plays, his goals, watch his interviews, see how he talks and compare that to the stale meek nature of most players we've had in the past.

I can see him being captain material and exactly the kind of player we need in our position and for the next few years.

Probably, and I hope so Being a fans favourite doesn’t always equate to being good at your job though. 
I give you Reda Johnson, great attitude and a real threat in the opponents box, but a complete liability as a defender

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Or that we’ve let go?

We let them go because we were paying stupid wages , and in some cases for little or no return. It had to change , but the worry is did we not identify realistic targets to replace them ? We had better get moving in the market as its 5 weeks to kick off and only 2 first team players in. Think realistically we need at least 5 more.

Guest mrbluesky
22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

9AD19BCF-AB79-49C5-826B-FE0E0C7334C5.jpeg

7B459BDF-BD72-43B9-A074-D7A2F3A734FA.jpeg

Gotta say it’s exciting times now the new team members are arriving at the club

Younger, hungrier players with a desire to prove themselves at a new club? Perfect, and a million miles from the stale squad we had before it with massive wages, complacency and attitude problems 

Good to see a proper real fresh new start on and off the pitch and if this is a sign of things to come I can see things working out well for us!

No.

He's got the physique of a runner.

If he's got some technical ability he could be the answer in midfield.

I like the way the pieces of the jigsaw are dropping into place.

I can see the way the club are thinking about recruitment  but there won't be a bullseye everytime.

I like it..

• Like 1