Twitter - Odubajo

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

An earlier poster called it spot on. Working class lads are completely lost and need something to direct their anger at. You see it all the time on Twitter. Pure hatred and bile spouted by people behind a screen which is just completely unnecessary. This lad isn’t an exception.

Bit random.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

An earlier poster called it spot on. Working class lads are completely lost and need something to direct their anger at. You see it all the time on Twitter. Pure hatred and bile spouted by people behind a screen which is just completely unnecessary. This lad isn’t an exception.

Working class lads !?   So it’s only working class lads that throw abuse about ?   Don’t understand that comment at all 

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Because it implies that only 'working class lads' spout 'bile' on Twitter.

Ok maybe worded that wrong. But there does appear to be a lot of frustrated kids about who think it’s acceptable to spout hatred and abuse on social media. Why? Because I personally think it’s because they’re not happy within themselves so feel the need to project it on to others behind a phone or keyboard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ok maybe worded that wrong. But there does appear to be a lot of frustrated kids about who think it’s acceptable to spout hatred and abuse on social media. Why? Because I personally think it’s because they’re not happy within themselves so feel the need to project it on to others behind a phone or keyboard. 

Completely agree, I just think it is the same from all walks of life, not just a certain part of society.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I tried to separate the two.

Clearly wrong what the guy did, Moses shouldn’t have to reply.

But his response indicated he was blaming a whole fanbase for a tweet from one idiot. 

You've failed miserably to separate the two, whether you think you have or not.

He's responding to the tone of the tweet from this one idiot. The clue is in the “These types of comments...”

Why you're reading into it that he's blaming the whole fanbase is beyond me.

I tried to separate the two.

Clearly wrong what the guy did, Moses shouldn’t have to reply.

But his response indicated he was blaming a whole fanbase for a tweet from one idiot. 

Except that's not even CLOSE to what he was indicating

He wasn't saying/suggesting that at all in any way whatsoever

You've misread it totally 

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Except that's not even CLOSE to what he was indicating

He wasn't saying/suggesting that at all in any way whatsoever

You've misread it totally 

I haven’t at all.

He said fan negativity has affected the teams performance. 

And then back tracked to explain himself fully, which he did very well. His initial comment wasn’t the best response and again hints to me the problems Monk is hinting at with this squad.

• Like 1

I’m sick of soundbites. We need to do better, fans need to get behind us, fans deserve more, positive vibes, let’s all pull together.

Its a load of rubbish and always has been. There’s only one part of a club that can create a positive atmosphere and that’s not the fans. It comes down to showing pride in the badge and winning games. Something this squad hasn’t been doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m sick of soundbites. We need to do better, fans need to get behind us, fans deserve more, positive vibes, let’s all pull together.

Its a load of rubbish and always has been. There’s only one part of a club that can create a positive atmosphere and that’s not the fans. It comes down to showing pride in the badge and winning games. Something this squad hasn’t been doing.

Maybe sit the threads out where it's a quote from a player/manager or a press conference then

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I haven’t at all.

He said fan negativity has affected the teams performance. 

And then back tracked to explain himself fully, which he did very well. His initial comment wasn’t the best response and again hints to me the problems Monk is hinting at with this squad.

If he's back tracked to clarify his meaning then it's no different and hardly worthy of little more drama than the way you back tracked earlier from your comments about ‘working class lads’.

Basically, Odubajo is taking exception to being called a ‘w*nk c*nt’ and told to ‘f*ck off back to Brentford’. That's the long and short of it. If his comments suggest this or suggest that, then you'd think they can nevertheless be seen in the context of someone who is reacting to being verbally abused like that.

I think negativity is inevitable with the run we've had.

But there is an element of our fan base that are abusive to the players regardless of where we are in the table. 

Palmer, Fox, Odibajo, Nuhiu, Joey

All of them and more have been pet targets.

Previously even people like Keiran Lee have been targets. 

That's the problem- it's never about a rational assessment. It's just pure scapegoating with no consideration of the player and their attributes. 

Some of us have tried to counter on here at least. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

But there is an element of our fan base that are abusive to the players regardless of where we are in the table. 

That's the problem- it's never about a rational assessment. It's just pure scapegoating with no consideration of the player and their attributes. 

So true 👍

Owlstalk Shop

The people who usually do this are under the age of 20, or an adult with mental issues 

Where do these ‘half arsed effort’ comments come from? These dim-wits are confusing a lack of effort with not being good enough.

The majority of professional players give 100% every match (apart from the jay bothroyds of this world) and I’ve rarely (if ever) seen a player not trying 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Do you think that’s unique to Sheffield Wednesday fans? 

If you think we’re bad for slagging players of try being mates with Derby and Leeds fans. They are a lot worse than us for slagging players off and hurling abuse when the chips are down. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

It's a load of rubbish - 1st soundbite

Showing pride in the badge - 2nd soundbite

I'll keep checking - paranoia will now set in lol