Some credit to Chansiri

7 minutes ago, Django said:

Some serious money has been invested and most of it (in hindsight) has been wasted 

Rhodes, Van Aken, Jones, Boyd and Abdi alone must have cost around £30m in fees and wages 

Monkmanface

some over 'the hill' some had never seen the top of 'the hill'.

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

A rare positive thread and it gets a negative response within 4 posts 

Come on people there are far worse things happening in the world than us starting on -12 points, just try and look at things in a positive light every now and again 

To be honest I'm getting sick of the relentless negativity about a point we probably all agreed on sometime ago, i.e. Chansiri is badly advised. And yes the spending was reckless and ridiculous too.

But some idiots can't get past this and see some of the positives - one of which is posted here.

For me its starting to make the whole site toxic. But maybe that is their intention, just have one negative viewpoint relentlessly hammered home thread after thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you're correct he should give you money back, then buy no ****er in closed season and put season tickets up £300 each, that ok?

football fans.

So if you just want to help the club out for nothing in return..drive down to the ground and give them some money👍

Guest Therealrealist

The fact is thete are certain fans on here tryin to make others feel guilty for claiming there refund..its bang out of order

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i have at £40 a time.

Yes we get it..you havnt claimed your few quid back..im sure the players will be thanking you..but dont call other fans pathetic for claiming their refund

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

DC's heart in the right place, just a pity his thinking is a bit muddled re other aspects of running the club.

Needs to learn from his mistakes. He still seems willing to invest heavily into the club, to his credit, in spite of all the criticism he receives.

I don’t get this “heart in the right place, bad advice, a bit muddled” malarkey. It makes him out to be some sort of simpleton which even I don’t think he is.

He has not just rolled up 5 mins ago. He has been here years and has shown very little evidence of learning from his (multiple) mistakes.

We have been in a downward spiral for a couple of years and are in a far worse state than when he darkened our doorstep.

He has to change, but leopards.....spots...etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

DC's heart in the right place, just a pity his thinking is a bit muddled re other aspects of running the club.

Needs to learn from his mistakes. He still seems willing to invest heavily into the club, to his credit, in spite of all the criticism he receives.

He's been led up garden path by some people claiming to be helping him, Chansiri admits he knew little about football when he first came along, I think some of these advisors know nowt themselves. 

If Arsenal really are struggling financially there's not much hope for your Rochdale's and Grimsby Town's of this football world. 

• Like 1

You can't fault his commitment. He means well and I think he is / was desperate to succeed here. It is clear he was badly advised to begin with and whatever his links are to Doyen / Paixao they haven't helped the club progress. It is pretty evident he did not take FFP into account in his first few seasons here and was banking on a Wolves style quick promotion. 

I would say after working in Thailand on and off for nearly a decade, being married to a Thai and also briefly meeting DC and having an informal chat with him and my wife he does exhibit a common trait of people in this country. There is a huge hierarchical system here and people at the very top find it almost impossible to listen or take on advice from somebody who they would deem inferior to them. It isn't an arrogance, but it seems he hasn't adapted his way of working to a football context. I very much doubt he is willing to admit fault and cause himself to lose face with his failings here. Although, this may well turn out to be positive for SWFC in a sense that he will be desperate to make a success of his ownership rather than walking away having failed. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

you're correct he should give you money back, then buy no ****er in closed season and put season tickets up £300 each, that ok?

football fans.

If you booked a holiday and the company cancelled it and you couldn't go, would you tell the company to keep your money? 

all income has to contribute towards the running of the club, or should i say an attempt at cutting losses? included in the running is transfer money, no matter how you cut a cake, once eaten it's gone.

Everyone us entitled to a refund for a service they have paid for but not received. 

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

With the whole Chansiri family's net worth listed by Forbes as £436m it makes you wonder where its all coming from dunnit?

https://www.forbes.com/profile/kraisorn-chansiri/#2f36ed4d47f4

I don't think Chansiri is the only person with a financial interest in Wednesday, or the only person putting money in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst trying to sound like I'm  taking away credit from D. C 

It's a massive difference between us and arsenal in size and club structure these days, we've been saying monk has no coaching team, arsenal pobably have an army of coaching and medical staff. I doubt we probably don't have a quarter of the staff they do and it's been mentioned many times of Dc having to keep pumping money in becouse we're still not financially sustainable, in part down to his own  past mistakes. 

'kin 'ell.

Hm, something odd with how this has been worded.

"In making-up the remaining 20 per cent of salaries of non-footballing employees furloughed at the start of April..."

I mean, I thought this had gone on since furloughs due to covid-19, not since DC took over the club. If so, we're rather looking at 4 months at 100K a day. Still a grand gesture, just not sure why he would cover 20% of salary out of his own pocket before furloughs/covid.

Not bothering with the conspiracy bit here, just trying to figure out how long he's been doing this.