Some credit to Chansiri

Just now, S36 OWL said:

An advisor is supposed to be there to help the club. How can a football agent benefit the club? 

If agents didn’t add value to either clubs or players there would be no agents. Advisors get paid by clubs, so again it’s not unique to be making a living off back of clubs. 

I’m not grasping your gripe here. Football professional profits from football??? 

I’m not sure to what extent our advisor/agent has had in the transfer dealings but our incomings are not really any worse than any other club around the world. Some hits, some misses some in between. It’s our outgoings that’s appear to be an issue, as in we don’t sell players and replace them. If our agent/advisor was having any sort of real influence and had a conflict of interest these players would be gone. As they make more money that way. But most stayed so I’m just not sure the blame is warranted. 

That said, I don’t have any evidence of what they do, why they do it so I’m just trying to join your dots. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now...

You're just relentlessly posting this in every thread

Go and have a cuppa, a slice of toast and marmite and put some motown on and CHEER UP - it's Thursday!!

Yeah put some Motown on and cheer up

Oops - maybe not this one

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

No PL club should be making staff redundant given the amount of money they receive and pay to players.  I understand there might be a necessity to make roles redundant in businesses sometimes, but this stinks of opportunism from Arsenal. Perhaps controversial, but should clubs be punished for making staff redundant? Clubs get done for going into admin, or not paying players. Is this any different? 

It’s clear they can afford to keep these people on in the short term, at the very least until the end of this pandemic.

whilst i agree with the top 80% of your post, where and when is 'the end of this pandemic'?

This just sums it up. He has a decent heart and obviously looks after his employees and those that are close and loyal to him but at the same time he undoes all this type of good work by making some horrendous decisions and takes some abject advice and guidance from people who he either appoints or chooses to work with. Because of this the buck stops with him and the fan base that pays more and more every year for an increasingly poorer standard of football is quite rightly peeved off and ‘good news‘ stories such as this fail to hit the mark anymore.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lump On said:

The fact Chansiri is personally paying his staffs wages when most prem clubs are not is a sign of the gentleman he is. He's loyal to his staff and players and sometimes that's cost us but as a personality trait its very rare in modern football let alone modern society.

Honestly the amount of digs at Chansiri on here as been embarrassing! do any of your remember life under Dave Allan? the years we begged for someone to come in and spend some money! He's spent big and it nearly paid off but nothing in life is guaranteed but this year with a clean wage bill, money to spend and new faces coming in we should be looking forward even with a points deduction.

Gotta get behind the team right now, asking for season ticket refunds and all the other boll0cks that's been mentioned on here is literally pathetic. 

my interpretation of general football (not just swfc) fans is they want a multi-millionaire to come in spend all his dough, and **** off so a billionaire can step in and take over.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

This just sums it up. He has a decent heart and obviously looks after his employees and those that are close and loyal to him but at the same time he undoes all this type of good work by making some horrendous decisions and takes some abject advice and guidance from people who he either appoints or chooses to work with. Because of this the buck stops with him and the fan base that pays more and more every year for an increasingly poorer standard of football is quite rightly peeved off and ‘good news‘ stories such as this fail to hit the mark anymore.

whilst a deal of your post is somewhat correct, the part about his 'good news' generosity failing to hit the mark is obviously wrong according to the newspaper and remarks on here.

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

my interpretation of general football (not just swfc) fans is they want a multi-millionaire to come in spend all his dough, and **** off so a billionaire can step in and take over.

or perhaps we just want an owner that doesn’t get us a -12 point deduction and turn the club in to a bit of a laughing stock. Full credit to him for paying the staff, excellent gesture but it doesn’t excuse the other crap he has done to the club through either his own shocking decisions or the advise from others who haven’t the clubs best interests at heart. 

• Like 4

Just now, dorian gray said:

whilst a deal of your post is somewhat correct, the part about his 'good news' generosity failing to hit the mark is obviously wrong according to the newspaper and remarks on here.

I disagree Sir, especially when we look at this from a wider viewpoint of the 10-20 people on this thread on Owlstalk.

How many Wednesdayites who are not directly connected to these members of staff actually care that. Yes It’s quite easy to say we do but like with Arsenal fans how many are over concerned about the 55 redundancies if they do not directly know these people. Very few in terms of the total number of supporters who are simply bothered where they finish next season.

Its a bit like Corporate Social Responsibility - yes we all agree it’s a good thing but companies pay it lip service.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

or perhaps we just want an owner that doesn’t get us a -12 point deduction and turn the club in to a bit of a laughing stock. Full credit to him for paying the staff, excellent gesture but it doesn’t excuse the other crap he has done to the club through either his own shocking decisions or the advise from others who haven’t the clubs best interests at heart. 

well why don't you step in and buy us then?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Have any of you spoken to members of staffat the club? Don't believe a word the star says  No credit for chansiri from me 

you mean you think it’s made up to give him some good publicity after all that has happened with the EFL charge? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

you mean you think it’s made up to give him some good publicity? 

I mean I know what a member of staff has told me first hand, it doesn't match what the star said. Im sure there are staff on here to confirm or deny it if they wanted, im just relaying whats been said. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

I disagree Sir, especially when we look at this from a wider viewpoint of the 10-20 people on this thread on Owlstalk.

How many Wednesdayites who are not directly connected to these members of staff actually care that. Yes It’s quite easy to say we do but like with Arsenal fans how many are over concerned about the 55 redundancies if they do not directly know these people. Very few in terms of the total number of supporters who are simply bothered where they finish next season.

Its a bit like Corporate Social Responsibility - yes we all agree it’s a good thing but companies pay it lip service.

you will disagree, you have every right to, but you are wrong.

any and all decent people, fans or not, will look and see a man of great wealth and power not forgetting the little people in his empire.

whilst others work for employers who have threatened them with the sack for not turning in during furlough.

have told staff to supply their own ppe, and told staff who complained it was too warm, "it will be, take your mask off".