Some credit to Chansiri

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So Chansiri is either mistaken or lying?

he was throwing a strop.

IF you think differently go to the next public meeting and tell him he's a 'liar' or use owlstalk as a platform to lay that at his feet and continue with it until it achieves action, you may not like the 'action' though.

he was likely pointing out to the crowd that he owns swfc, and not those who thinks it's 'our club'.

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he was throwing a strop.

IF you think differently go to the next public meeting and tell him he's a 'liar' or use owlstalk as a platform to lay that at his feet and continue with it until it achieves action, you may not like the 'action' though.

he was likely pointing out to the crowd that he owns swfc, and not those who thinks it's 'our club'.

I'm not sure you understood my question

I have not at any point suggested that he lied, is a liar etc  - he's NOT and he IS NOT. He's not someone who lies or says mistruths, and nobody on here has ever suggested otherwise.

Thought it a bit odd that you'd suggest that anyone was calling him a liar when it was very very clear to anyone reading that it was a simple question asking you how you personally interpreted what he said

I was asking if you thought that he was lying or mistaken when he said that our money covers nothing, and how you are the only one who knows his intent when compared to everyone else that was there who think otherwise?

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its all (allegedly)Monks fault mate.....ask anybody on here...ditto with the weather being c**p today....& if my Yorkshire puddings get burned again today,ime on here posting 'Monk out' straight away...

MONK OUT IS THE ONLY PATH TO SALVATION !

Saw this outside a church, fact !

• Haha 1

I know there’s a fair bit of discontent with DC at the moment but whilst the EFL have rounded on the likes of DC and Morris who pay their bills, the likes of Sunderland and Charlton have brought in some owners who are barely fit for purpose. I know which situation id rather be in.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I know there’s a fair bit of discontent with DC at the moment but whilst the EFL have rounded on the likes of DC and Morris who pay their bills, the likes of Sunderland and Charlton have brought in some owners who are barely fit for purpose. I know which situation id rather be in.

Obviously

But it's not a choice of one or the other

For instance we could have an owner with more money than Chansiri, but with a better approach 

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sure you understood my question

I have not at any point suggested that he lied, is a liar etc  - he's NOT and he IS NOT. He's not someone who lies or says mistruths, and nobody on here has ever suggested otherwise.

Thought it a bit odd that you'd suggest that anyone was calling him a liar when it was very very clear to anyone reading that it was a simple question asking you how you personally interpreted what he said

I was asking if you thought that he was lying or mistaken when he said that our money covers nothing, and how you are the only one who knows his intent when compared to everyone else that was there who think otherwise?

in that case then, he was having a bit of a strop over folks who thought he was mishandling OUR  CLUB, as it's HIS CLUB.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obviously

But it's not a choice of one or the other

For instance we could have an owner with more money than Chansiri, but with a better approach 

Of course. But typically where owners are made to feel they need to leave ASAP and are unwanted they are less likely to care who they sell to. As seen with both of those clubs

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Of course. But typically where owners are made to feel they need to leave ASAP and are unwanted they are less likely to care who they sell to. As seen with both of those clubs

We're constantly told that the fans have never ever pressured a chairman successfully to get them to leave the club so it's difficult to know

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He should rename it Chansiri FC then

You sound like you're doffing your cap to him a bit?

i doff my cap to no one, and only get on my knee before my God.

IF you're not satisfied by it all, write and tell him, you might want to get a really long lens for your camera, or buy a spy satellite first.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We're constantly told that the fans have never ever pressured a chairman successfully to get them to leave the club so it's difficult to know

I think most people  losing 20m a year and being slated (Rightly or wrongly) would feel something like that 

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i doff my cap to no one, and only get on my knee before my God.

IF you're not satisfied by it all, write and tell him, you might want to get a really long lens for your camera, or buy a spy satellite first.

I'm not sure why you seem so angry?

I've at no point said I'm not satisfied

You keep trying to put words in my mouth and suggest things that aren't real (like you did when you tried to suggest I'd called the chairman a liar  when I hadnt?)

Can't you just debate things by sticking to facts?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest hk_owl
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Like the fact it’s Chansiri’s club?

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not sure why you seem so angry?

I've at no point said I'm not satisfied

You keep trying to put words in my mouth and suggest things that aren't real (like you did when you tried to suggest I'd called the chairman a liar  when I hadnt?)

i'm not angry in the slightest.

did you not post a question where you asked was he a liar?

1 minute ago, hk_owl said:

Like the fact it’s Chansiri’s club?

That's a fact

Longer term he's just the current custodian but there's no doubt it's Chansiri's club

I've never suggested otherwise

It's all the other stuff that's being chucked into the debate to try and suggest people have said/thought something that they haven't I'm taking issue with 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Me too....neither........From my viewpoint its the supporters/fans   who are 'paying'....for the alleged mismanagement at S6.,,,Literally in terms of Ticket prices,& merchandise.Many(including lifelong fans) unable(because of work,or family) to commit to a season ticket,(or simply cant afford it) and unable/unwilling to pay the ridiculous match day prices demanded.

Yes Mr Chansiri is shelling out money,agreed & a lot of it,and thank you Mr Chansiri,for wanting to revitalise our Club. But what of the Clubs payments? from the Premier League,via the EFL? 5 Years of that gone....ditto TV money,ditto 'gate receipts'...Replica shirts & merchandise  income,& so on....all gone.....That money was the 'Clubs' income,irrespective of ownership. Thats gone too.

What about money not allegedly harvested from Sponsors also? 'Executive box's'?...YES i know Mr Chansiri is the Club owner,in fact,he is now also the  ground owner too,but in my view the last 5 years under his stewardship have been an alleged 'disaster'...financially,for no reward.(in fact the opposite to 'reward' we have been punished for what is in essence an expensive failure...In terms of a strategy for promotion)

Next 5 years?  Wait out.........

Edited by parajack

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

in that case then, he was having a bit of a strop over folks who thought he was mishandling OUR  CLUB, as it's HIS CLUB.

NO it isnt.....At least...not in any meaningful way..The history,Club colours,badge(even changed)...HILLSBOROUGH.....people were recruited at football grounds,formed into 'pals' battalions ,lived,fought,and died,as proud Wednesdayites...some even kicked a ball as they advanced at the Somme & other killing fields,Football,& being a Wednesdayite,meant so much more than who 'owns' the assets..

.We put WAWAW after our posts..& we always will irrespective of our ownership.When we pop our clogs our loved ones put an 'Owl' or SWFC in our Obituaries,sometimes people go on their last journey wearing their Club colours,have their ash's scattered.....#  

Hillsborough,is synonymous with World & other Cup Match's,(sadly also 1 tragedy) it carrys decades of history,& tradition.....I saw 'Pele' & Santos play there...Sheffield came to a standstill and everyone who could went.I also stood on a(on? ha ha...even stood 'as'a) Youngster, saw my team relegated on a packed to the rafters Leppings Lane' from the old Div 1 by Man City(72 i think)

In Sheffield You are born either 'blue or red' & white...you don't choose...

Without all of the above,what has he got?...

He owns a ground(Grrrrr) and he owns assets,he doesn't and never will own' Our' The supporters Birthright'

Edited by parajack