Some credit to Chansiri

1 hour ago, parajack said:

NO it isnt.....At least...not in any meaningful way..The history,Club colours,badge(even changed)...HILLSBOROUGH.....people were recruited at football grounds,formed into 'pals' battalions ,lived,fought,and died,as proud Wednesdayites...some even kicked a ball as they advanced at the Somme & other killing fields,Football,& being a Wednesdayite,meant so much more than who 'owns' the assets..

.We put WAWAW after our posts..& we always will irrespective of our ownership.When we pop our clogs our loved ones put an 'Owl' or SWFC in our Obituaries,sometimes people go on their last journey wearing their Club colours,have their ash's scattered.....#  

Hillsborough,is synonymous with World & other Cup Match's,(sadly also 1 tragedy) it carrys decades of history,& tradition.....I saw 'Pele' & Santos play there...Sheffield came to a standstill and everyone who could went.I also stood on a(on? ha ha...even stood 'as'a) Youngster, saw my team relegated on a packed to the rafters Leppings Lane' from the old Div 1 by Man City(72 i think)

In Sheffield You are born either 'blue or red' & white...you don't choose...

Without all of the above,what has he got?...

He owns a ground(Grrrrr) and he owns assets,he doesn't and never will own' Our' The supporters Birthright'

that's not true...I was born at the bottom of Eccy Road with all my family Blades. I CHOSE on my first day at school to be an Owl when we took sides for football at lunchtime because my best mate was one. There's never been another blade in our family since then and I go to matches with three generations of us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Me too....neither........From my viewpoint its the supporters/fans   who are 'paying'....for the alleged mismanagement at S6.,,,Literally in terms of Ticket prices,& merchandise.Many(including lifelong fans) unable(because of work,or family) to commit to a season ticket,(or simply cant afford it) and unable/unwilling to pay the ridiculous match day prices demanded.

Yes Mr Chansiri is shelling out money,agreed & a lot of it,and thank you Mr Chansiri,for wanting to revitalise our Club. But what of the Clubs payments? from the Premier League,via the EFL? 5 Years of that gone....ditto TV money,ditto 'gate receipts'...Replica shirts & merchandise  income,& so on....all gone.....That money was the 'Clubs' income,irrespective of ownership. Thats gone too.

What about money not allegedly harvested from Sponsors also? 'Executive box's'?...YES i know Mr Chansiri is the Club owner,in fact,he is now also the  ground owner too,but in my view the last 5 years under his stewardship have been an alleged 'disaster'...financially,for no reward.(in fact the opposite to 'reward' we have been punished for what is in essence an expensive failure...In terms of a strategy for promotion)

Next 5 years?  Wait out.........

if no one can afford Hillsborough anymore why was the attendance so high under DC ownership?

“2017 season was our 6th highest attendance and 2018 was our 11th in the last 49 years! Last time we got close to 25,000 was 19 year ago!!

Last 15 year we’ve average 22k previous 15 .. 24k”

If we were being punished under DC ownership why did 40 plus thousand cough up £100’s for a day out at Wembley???

Very odd view if you ask me!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dowls said:

if no one can afford Hillsborough anymore why was the attendance so high under DC ownership?

“2017 season was our 6th highest attendance and 2018 was our 11th in the last 49 years! Last time we got close to 25,000 was 19 year ago!!

Last 15 year we’ve average 22k previous 15 .. 24k”

If we were being punished under DC ownership why did 40 plus thousand cough up £100’s for a day out at Wembley???

Very odd view if you ask me!

Cut & paste from my post where i have said anywhere in my post that 'no one can afford Hillsborough any more?...or '25,000 ' attendance?.....and i will answer your Q....Course you wont be able to,because i didn't say it.....But we will move on,Wednesday have always had a good following,& been a popular team in Sheffield.(indeed UK wide....as we see from Owlstalk...) Not about quantity or overall numbers of support,(which Wednesday,as you point out,has almost always had) but making supporting, & watching the team affordable to all.(and rewarding the loyalty of fans who have supported the team come what may)

You miss the point of my post in spectacular fashion.Sheffield is a working class City, a Northern City,with a team languishing in the lower half of the Championship.Many people on the breadline,& simply can not justify  spending their money on the ridiculous match day prices at Hillsborough.People who may have their kids some week ends through relationship failure,shift workers,& the many others who may live outside the City,or cant/wont/unable to commit to a season ticket.so as to make the match price something like.

Yet again our neighbours across the City,showed the way,and despite Promotion to the Premiership,kept faith with their fan base, & kept their ticket price affordable.Sheffield is a 'football City' the game was born here,and thats why it can sustain 2 Football teams,both with a massive & passionate following.

NO i dont think Wednesday fans should have to stump up more than some paid to watch their team in the Premiership,NO i dont agree with 2,2 5 Year ticket deals

either...Just in my view racking up alleged future debt,& potential FFP issues....

Edited by parajack

This is the enigma that is Delphjon Chansiri.

Ive got my gripes about the prices, the shambolic recruitment, the .How in the name of God does he not realise EVERYBODY hasn't got as much money as he has....What sort of city does he think Sheffield is...

Then..You look at him continuing to pay staff, when bigger and richer clubs aren't...his reluctance to sell players....his offers of compensation for thye missed games last season...EVERY option...from full refunds to putting towards the following season.

You have to come to the conclusion that the bloke is as fair as you could want a chairman, he has a sort of honesty that is missing in other Chairmen.

Theres a disconnect somewhere, that surely could be mended.

You honestly cannot criticise his intentions, you can howl about the way he is going about it....and you can maybe say with some certainty that he is stubborn.....If only he would give an inch regarding the prices, If only he would get someone in with an in depth knowledge of how football is..If only!!

The bloke obviously wants EXACTLY the same as we do, but we simply can't come to some sort of solution of how to do it...Its not in the realms of E=Mc2 is it?

All it needs is a step towards each other

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Me too....neither........From my viewpoint its the supporters/fans   who are 'paying'....for the alleged mismanagement at S6.,,,Literally in terms of Ticket prices,& merchandise.Many(including lifelong fans) unable(because of work,or family) to commit to a season ticket,(or simply cant afford it) and unable/unwilling to pay the ridiculous match day prices demanded.

Yes Mr Chansiri is shelling out money,agreed & a lot of it,and thank you Mr Chansiri,for wanting to revitalise our Club. But what of the Clubs payments? from the Premier League,via the EFL? 5 Years of that gone....ditto TV money,ditto 'gate receipts'...Replica shirts & merchandise  income,& so on....all gone.....That money was the 'Clubs' income,irrespective of ownership. Thats gone too.

What about money not allegedly harvested from Sponsors also? 'Executive box's'?...YES i know Mr Chansiri is the Club owner,in fact,he is now also the  ground owner too,but in my view the last 5 years under his stewardship have been an alleged 'disaster'...financially,for no reward.(in fact the opposite to 'reward' we have been punished for what is in essence an expensive failure...In terms of a strategy for promotion)

Next 5 years?  Wait out.........

I think there are many genuinely fair criticisms of the way we’ve gone about things in recent years, essentially trying to take on parachute clubs without parachute cash. But for many clubs in our league and above the fan income is just of use in the accounts to reduce losses, if we had to live of that as a club we’d be in league one as would others. Clubs are now at the mercy of those few people willing to prop up a loss making industry.

I think Cardiff and Vincent Tan are an example of how we need to look at this. Tan made some bad decisions early on which insulted the ID of that club (much worse than DC) and he wasn’t the most popular, but he did learn and change his way of operating. They got that surprise promotion and made the playoffs again despite the past issues and hopefully, unless a clear alternative with the same funding or more is available, we can hope for a similar change in operation and fortune 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

I asked you if you were suggesting that he was

It wasn't that difficult to grasp if you read it properly 👍

you asked me if i thought he was a liar, so YOU asked the question, and I answered it by saying he was throwing a strop against the number of people who thought the club was theirs and not his.

there's only one of us finding it difficult to grasp anything at all, and that's you who posted 'i'm not sure why you seem so angry' why would i want to be angry over a post or thread on here?

15 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you asked me if i thought he was a liar, so YOU asked the question, and I answered it by saying he was throwing a strop against the number of people who thought the club was theirs and not his.

there's only one of us finding it difficult to grasp anything at all, and that's you who posted 'i'm not sure why you seem so angry' why would i want to be angry over a post or thread on here?

Okay mate I don't wanna fall out with you or anyone over this one - life's too short

I'd love your opinion and overview on how you thought that fans forum went though

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Okay mate I don't wanna fall out with you or anyone over this one - life's too short

I'd love your opinion and overview on how you thought that fans forum went though

ok, no worries bud, you and yours keep safe, and same to all out there.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

This is the enigma that is Delphjon Chansiri.

Ive got my gripes about the prices, the shambolic recruitment, the .How in the name of God does he not realise EVERYBODY hasn't got as much money as he has....What sort of city does he think Sheffield is...

Then..You look at him continuing to pay staff, when bigger and richer clubs aren't...his reluctance to sell players....his offers of compensation for thye missed games last season...EVERY option...from full refunds to putting towards the following season.

You have to come to the conclusion that the bloke is as fair as you could want a chairman, he has a sort of honesty that is missing in other Chairmen.

Theres a disconnect somewhere, that surely could be mended.

You honestly cannot criticise his intentions, you can howl about the way he is going about it....and you can maybe say with some certainty that he is stubborn.....If only he would give an inch regarding the prices, If only he would get someone in with an in depth knowledge of how football is..If only!!

The bloke obviously wants EXACTLY the same as we do, but we simply can't come to some sort of solution of how to do it...Its not in the realms of E=Mc2 is it?

All it needs is a step towards each other

Chansiri is not a bad bloke just out of touch with average Wednesday fan. He has lived a life of extreme wealth 8,000 miles away in a totally different culture so not surprising really.

Also he has shown he is out of his depth running a English Championship club.

I hear quite often he has good intentions but in the harsh football world this isn't worth that much sadly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“The Wednesday news, we understand, is nothing to worry about. It’s merely a circumstantial matter as the club wait on the fallout of the EFL wrangle before they find out which set of accounts the £60m sale of Hillsborough is to be wedged into.”

Can anyone help me out with this? If companies house received our last set of accounts with the sale of Hillborough within them, then how the blinking flip can we undo that and then “wedge” them in this latest set of accounts?

On 09/08/2020 at 19:59, matthefish2002 said:

Chansiri is not a bad bloke just out of touch with average Wednesday fan. He has lived a life of extreme wealth 8,000 miles away in a totally different culture so not surprising really.

Also he has shown he is out of his depth running a English Championship club.

I hear quite often he has good intentions but in the harsh football world this isn't worth that much sadly.

Path to Hell is paved with.....

Guest Grandad
On 09/08/2020 at 19:59, matthefish2002 said:

The path to hell is paved with good intentions

It would be nice to hear from our leader a statement would be good start from him to tell us fans wtf is going on and what direction we are heading in and to tell us all to "stop panicking Mr Mannering"..The silence from the club is deafening when all we want is clarity,positivity and encouragement......

UTO......

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

It would be nice to hear from our leader a statement would be good start from him to tell us fans wtf is going on and what direction we are heading in and to tell us all to "stop panicking Mr Mannering"..The silence from the club is deafening when all we want is clarity,positivity and encouragement......

UTO......

Always leads to further questions then fans want clarity on those questions.  Never ending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

UTO......

Think they will not be able to say much until they know if we are appealing the points deduction.