Assault on the young fan at dingles

Guest The Claw

7 minutes ago, The Claw said:

The officer involved is still working for South Yorkshire Police but has been placed on restricted duties pending the outcome of the IOPC’s criminal and misconduct investigations

Owlstalk Shop

Guest The Claw
17 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

At this rate there won't be any police left :ph34r:

we don't need coppers like this one

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't help feeling that if it was the man in the street he would have been to court and it all be sorted out by now.

Why the delay? 

I doubt it. Cases can take an awfully long time to get to court, particularly if there is a backlog and the current covid situation has meant that the number of cases seen per day has dropped even further. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The officer involved is still working for South Yorkshire Police but has been placed on restricted duties pending the outcome of the IOPC’s criminal and misconduct investigations

How long does it take the IOPC to make a decision, the Police officer hit an unarmed bloke over the head with a blunt instrument - the whole world saw it on the internet.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

I doubt it. Cases can take an awfully long time to get to court, particularly if there is a backlog and the current covid situation has meant that the number of cases seen per day has dropped even further. 

The Covid might be a reason but known plenty to be charged on the day, then sorted out in court within a few weeks.

But I'll give you that.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Could you paste the article on here mate, as the stir website is unreadable. 

The Independent Office for Police Conduct launched an investigation after South Yorkshire police bosses referred the incident to the police watchdog.

A 16-year-old Sheffield Wednesday fan was left bleeding when he was struck over his head with a baton after The Owls played Barnsley at Oakwell last season.

A South Yorkshire police officer has been accused of striking a teenage Sheffield Wednesday fan over his head with a baton after a game

Mobile phone footage of the incident was shared online and showed a police officer striking the boy over his head, leaving him covered in blood.

Police officers were monitoring away fans as they made their way from Barnsley’s ground towards the transport interchange in the town.

The officer involved is still working for South Yorkshire Police but has been placed on restricted duties pending the outcome of the IOPC’s criminal and misconduct investigations.

• Thanks 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

From someone who has wielded batons in riot situations hitting in a Red Area is only ever justified if you feel there is a direct threat to life. Your's or someone elses.

Tell me where the threat to life was and I might say there are 2 sides to the story

Have you ever got your baton and instead of hitting them, you ram them in the eyes with it?

I bet that's more effective than just whacking someone?

A proper eye ramming would disable the enemy for a good twenty minutes as they fall to the floor clutching their eye with both hands, shouting 'AGGHHHHH..... MY EYE.....'

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

A proper eye ramming would disable the enemy for a good twenty minutes as they fall to the floor clutching their eye with both hands, shouting 'AGGHHHHH..... MY EYE.....'

You're not talking from experience are you ?

lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

From someone who has wielded batons in riot situations hitting in a Red Area is only ever justified if you feel there is a direct threat to life. Your's or someone elses.

Tell me where the threat to life was and I might say there are 2 sides to the story

I'm grasping at straws for the sake of justice.  

• Like 2