Assault on the young fan at dingles

Guest The Claw

1 minute ago, The Claw said:

Police lawyers are very good in using statute of limitations particularly the cps, a very wise man once said to me. Son never defend the indefenceable it makes you look silly and stupid.

by not taking action sypf are looking just that, because and unreasonable act by joe public is jumped all over by them, a copper is duty bound to prosecute where a complaint is made. And so it should be if the other way around.

Well I would think the family's lawyers won't let the matter drop when it's quite high profile and the evidence so damning. 

11 minutes ago, The Claw said:

a copper is duty bound to prosecute where a complaint is made. 

I don’t think this is true......pretty sure individual ‘coppers’ don’t prosecute and I’m also not sure there is a prosecution just because a complaint is made

Guest The Claw
8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don’t think this is true......pretty sure individual ‘coppers’ don’t prosecute and I’m also not sure there is a prosecution just because a complaint is made

Copper is duty bound to gather evidence to prosecute you, the cps have the final decision WAKE UP!

Seeing as none of us on here have any idea what went on, other than a ten second video we should think it’s possible there is a little more to it. We’ve all seen clever use of cropped video and photographic 'evidence' in the past to make something look damning. It looks bad in the clip, but what’s to say that there isn’t much broader CCTV coverage showing a much bigger picture. Yes, the cop made a strike in a red area which is always more difficult to justify, but for instance what if just out of picture the youth was about to put the boot into the head of another officer or civilian on the ground. NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE BY THE WAY. The fact that the officer involved has been put on restricted duty, rather than suspended, COULD indicate there’s a lot more to this than the barrack room lawyers have decreed. If the officer has no justification for his actions, he will be rightly convicted and sentenced. Fortunately, a jury in full possession of the facts will make that decision and not a bunch of people who have only seen a ten second video, or read something on Twatter. 

Don’t know about you, but I remember there was a guy called Duckenfield who some would have had thrown in prison, key thrown away and left to rot for the rest of his days.  A jury thought otherwise. They were in possession of the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest The Claw
7 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

LAD PROBABLY UPTO NO GOOD AND DESERVED IT IS MY GUESS.

16 year lad walking to train station with his mum gets whacked over the head, he could have been killed you plank

22 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

From someone who has wielded batons in riot situations hitting in a Red Area is only ever justified if you feel there is a direct threat to life. Your's or someone elses.

Tell me where the threat to life was and I might say there are 2 sides to the story

Yep I saw a blade have his front teeth batoned out last march... he was giving it the big one but didnt deserve that... (funny as it was)

• Like 1

On 05/08/2020 at 13:34, Inspector Lestrade said:

We have to hear his side of the events we only saw what was on that video, there might have been some lead up to the event, which merited his actions.

I agree with you his case must be heard but Officers are allowed to use only force that is reasonable and training tells them to strike legs and less vulnerable areas rather than take a sprint up and smack someone over the head from behind .

The footage when you look at all of it is damning imo Sampson was out of control no doubt about it, also the footage showing other officers who's first instinct wasn't to try de-escalate  the situation it was to to try stop members of the public videoing one officer knocking a phone out of a witnesses hand .These officers should be disciplined as well in my view .

As for the time taken im sure covid has some effect but they also spin it out to let the heat from the public die down so they can slip out by way of the Forces own website that his "punishment" will be a period of re-training 

40 minutes ago, The Claw said:

16 year lad walking to train station with his mum gets whacked over the head, he could have been killed you plank

He wasn't "just" walking to the train station though, he was involved in baiting and scuffling with Barnsley Fans but in no way was Sampson justified in sprinting at him and batonning him over the head .

Sampson should be sacked for gross misconduct imo and the prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon .............he won't be but then thats the justice system we have Thin Blue Line and all that 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I agree with you his case must be heard but Officers are allowed to use only force that is reasonable and training tells them to strike legs and less vulnerable areas rather than take a sprint up and smack someone over the head from behind .

The footage when you look at all of it is damning imo Sampson was out of control no doubt about it, also the footage showing other officers who's first instinct wasn't to try de-escalate  the situation it was to to try stop members of the public videoing one officer knocking a phone out of a witnesses hand .These officers should be disciplined as well in my view .

As for the time taken im sure covid has some effect but they also spin it out to let the heat from the public die down so they can slip out by way of the Forces own website that his "punishment" will be a period of re-training 

My only argument is all avenues need exploring, which should have been done by now.  

As you allude to hitting on the head is almost indefensible in this situation.

7 hours ago, The Claw said:

Copper is duty bound to gather evidence to prosecute you, the cps have the final decision WAKE UP!

That’s not what you said though is it....not unusual for people to go on a personal attacks when they realise they’ve made a mistake...be so much better to just admit it

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So, if I think you are probably up to no good, can I whack you round the head with a baton?

You can have a go fella, yeah 😉 it looked excessive but how do you know the kid hadn't threatened someone with a knife? you have to make a quick decision sometimes otherwise it could cost you.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Claw said:

Did the copper just pick him at random then and whack him for nothing? I very much doubt it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He wasn't "just" walking to the train station though, he was involved in baiting and scuffling with Barnsley Fans but in no way was Sampson justified in sprinting at him and batonning him over the head .

Sampson should be sacked for gross misconduct imo and the prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon .............he won't be but then thats the justice system we have Thin Blue Line and all that 

Did the boy have a weapon of any sort? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yeah that’s definitely how it works. Your definitely ITK. Meantime, in the real world.......:

23 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

You can have a go fella, yeah 😉 it looked excessive but how do you know the kid hadn't threatened someone with a knife? you have to make a quick decision sometimes otherwise it could cost you.

The impression you gave was that the policeman was OK to hit him regardless of what happened before.  But hitting on the head is a big no no.