Chansiri in or out?

Chansiri, in or out?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. In or out

• In
    • Out

2 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Problem is that he has not shown these qualities with us.

Maybe we can have a reformed Monk that can overcome the 12 point loss, and get us into the play-offs. But his record with us is occasional glimmerings of hope followed by repeated dismal failure. Week after week 0-3 down by 3.15pm before the lockdown!!! 

Yeah 

I mean he should have done better with most of the squads contracts coming to an end, some players refusing to play the last few games and clearing off, an EFL relegation threat hanging over the team, Covid meaning we played a game every other day in empty stadiums, an ‘injured’ keeper, more masseurs than first team coaches and no management structure of his own

Cant see why he couldn’t just replicate the successes of his career during that period 

What a total loser he is 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

If a club the size and potential of Newcastle are having trouble with sponsorship, what chance do we have? Just need to keep our heads down and out of the politics and support the players on the pitch.

Got to get youth sprinkled with determined pros. People who don't shirk and shrink away. Ironically hutch would have been ideal as a leader during this time.. but hey ho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah hopefully they will let everyone back into stadiums soon (when it’s safe hopefully) 

The other thing about retiring is that I can now DJ most weekends if I want to but that's gone out the window as well due to the pandemic 🤣 🤣

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What sort of stuff are you DJing? 

You doing the New Barrack?

Not any more... just The 601 Soul Club gigs for the Northern Soul stuff and Revolutions and 601 Club @ The Library for the jazz funk gigs. And some radio at GumboFM

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Not any more... just The 601 Soul Club gigs for the Northern Soul stuff and Revolutions and 601 Club @ The Library for the jazz funk gigs. And some radio at GumboFM

Awesome

Next time you're DJing shout on here and we can all come pack it out for you 

(and stand whinging about the chairman/manager)

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Awesome

Next time you're DJing shout on here and we can all come pack it out for you 

(and stand whinging about the chairman/manager)

lol

We do that anyway apart from the couple of blades who, up to this season have been quiet ( for 95 years ) lol

• Haha 1

Going to take a miracle for Chansiri to sell up or even sell the majority of his shares to someone else who can do a better job.

Looks like we are stuck with each other for a while yet.

Just wish Chansiri would get some proper advice and make some correct decisions regarding the management team. 

Personally feel we need someone in charge that young players will be busting a gut to want to come and play for, Chuck them the same money we did at Bruce.

But looks like we will plod on with monk so hopefully he has some magic charisma to attract these young players 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah 

I mean he should have done better with most of the squads contracts coming to an end, some players refusing to play the last few games and clearing off, an EFL relegation threat hanging over the team, Covid meaning we played a game every other day in empty stadiums, an ‘injured’ keeper, more masseurs than first team coaches and no management structure of his own

Cant see why he couldn’t just replicate the successes of his career during that period 

What a total loser he is 

He has been a loser here, losing game after game.

Well, if Chansiri will not get rid, then let us see if Monk can prove to be that proper manager we need.

Nothing he has done here suggests that he can be. 

Time and points, or rather lack of them, will tell...

19 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Out.

This shambles was utterly avoidable - and all the money he spent has gotten us absolutely nowhere. In fact we’ve gone backwards, not since the last days of DJ have we been more in danger of relegation back to League One. Absolutely disgraceful levels of incompetence displayed in the way he’s run the club.

And of course there is a massive queue of minted owners wrecking themselves to get a slice of The Mighty Owls? 
Thanks to DC we are solvent. The easy fix charlatans who managed and played are responsible. DC has maybe been naive but in my opinion he seems an honourable and well motivated man with integrity. He certainly does not deserve the abuse he gets on this forum ( I recognise we all have different opinions) but  we would be in deep kack if he left.

So let’s all grow up and either get behind him and the manager, or go and support Manchester City or some other bunch of galacticoes who win every week and are immune from P&L issues.

Stop whining for God’s sake! 
( other deities are available) 

PS you should have been here in ‘72 or after the bribes scandal. THAT was bad, this is just a blip.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Currently 95 basket cases on this forum 

I only voted in just to see how many 'basket cases' voted out.

I'd love to see us get bought out by a zillionaire with expansive footballing knowledge, but it ain't going to happen.

So we're stuck with DC for the foreseeable, not much point in attempting to drive him out, on the contrary it could have a negative effect if he says feck it, we're fecked.

So I'd prefer to keep my powder dry and see how he handles the situation we're now in, there's been slivers of hope in the last couple of years that makes me think he might be learning.

At the moment all DC is guilty of is ambition and naivety, he had a go and lost, best to have a go and lose than not have a go at all imho.

Edited by Weshallovercome
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'M asking YOU if you will step up because it's OUR club and no one else is going to...you could always make the decision to watch the blades or walk away with a smug " I told you so " look on your face. We all have ethical and moral judgements to make.

I’ve already got my season ticket mate. I go to pretty much every away game. I don’t think I need to step up at all, or our exceptionally loyal fan base who are consistently shat on by clueless management. 

Is DC going to step up by ditching Paxo and get some people in who know what they’re doing? 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly why people should stop with the posts about 'careful what you wish for' and trying to disguise it as something else in a long post

lol

Before deciding the best cause of action it's always advisable to look at the facts.......wishes very rarely come true anyway.

Not entirely sure what I'm getting at here, didn't type out as profoundly as it sounded in me head......:duntmatter:

• Haha 1