BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Just now, hugeowl said:

Another doom and gloom merchant 

Love to have been we you lot in the trenches 

Why does it always come back to the trenches? Who would you rather have? An absolute nutjob that thinks his football team is well ran after getting 12 points deducted. I'd be concerned he'd accidentally grenade the whole battalion. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well that's cheered me up 

lol

Just means 71 points to stay up, Rhodes 30 goals, Dawson and Wildsmith 20 clean sheets between them... simple

glad I payed £600 for me and our young un for this coming season, gunna be a reyt laugh on minus 4 at Christmas

Guest Kagoshimaowl

No point in bothering next season. 12 is too much. We are fooked. Would rather have gone down this season and started again.

45 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Can someone answer me this!

We sold the stadium for £60 million

In the financial year it was included we made a pre tax profit of £2.5 million

Without it we would have posted a pre-tax lost of £35.4 million!

What's happend to the other £22.1 million? Surely selling the stadium for £60m means a pre tax profit of £24.6 million!

We would have had the stadium in the accounts as an asset and with a given value, just for arguments sake let's say it was £24.6M. When we sell it we get the £60m but we lose the stadium as an asset so the £24.6M disappears from the accounts. Same with anything you sell the profit is the difference between what it cost and what you get for it.

Just now, Themagiccap said:

Just means 71 points to stay up, Rhodes 30 goals, Dawson and Wildsmith 20 clean sheets between them... simple

glad I payed £600 for me and our young un for this coming season, gunna be a reyt laugh on minus 4 at Christmas

Nightmare scenario isn't it mate

Although fans might  not be allowed into the ground still if this Covid thing doesn't clear off

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl
10 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

I asked the same question somewhere in the 600 page megafred. MK said it’s not that unusual to re-state accounts

Why I will be intrigued if the written reasons will be released.

So yes accounts do get re-stated but for more technical reasons than this

HMRC might take a sniff - hate to say there isn't much tax at stake with losses floating about, but anything that questions the integrity of the accounts and how they have been compiled is usually the door opening time

Regulatory authorities who knows. But given accountancy  firms are only just getting fines for poor work in 2014 that will be some time off.

Given this is public interest I am sure this will come across their radar. Be a few nervous professionals this evening 

Can someone please clarify - 

so we sold the stadium and backdated it to previous years accounts, hoping to make a profit in that tax year.. However this has been rejected meaning we broke the FFP rules. 

So what happens to the stadium sale, do we include that in this years accounts? 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

As desperate as it sounds it will be interesting to see what happens at other clubs if this pandemic continues to see football behind closed doors etc. 

Could we be saved by other clubs going into administration? 

That's a really rubbish thought as personally I don't think anyone likes to see a club suffer that but it is a realistic scenario I'd assume 

This is what I've been saying all along. A 12 point deduction on any normal season would obviously be drastically increase your chances of relegation  but with the clear EFL rules on admin there's every chance there will be more than us with -12 by the end of next season.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't care if you all shoot me down.

Garry Monk has got a plan and I want to see his guns.. I think he's got something up his wizards sleeve..

best follow the yellow brick road a while yet  the emerald city keeps getting further away 🤣

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

We would have had the stadium in the accounts as an asset and with a given value, just for arguments sake let's say it was £24.6M. When we sell it we get the £60m but we lose the stadium as an asset so the £24.6M disappears from the accounts. Same with anything you sell the profit is the difference between what it cost and what you get for it.

Yep the 60m was not all profit - the value of the stadium was deducted from this 

So the profit on disposal was 37m 

1 minute ago, S W F C said:

Can someone please clarify - 

so we sold the stadium and backdated it to previous years accounts, hoping to make a profit in that tax year.. However this has been rejected meaning we broke the FFP rules. 

So what happens to the stadium sale, do we include that in this years accounts? 

I think we've taken the ******** about as far as we can and it's better forgotten..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I've just this minute cancelled ifollow,  think I'm gonna hide matchdays, get drunk, then peek at results. 

• Haha 1