BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

It's character forming to be in a relegation dogfight before the season has started.

If we can get a James O'connor type figure in the middle and a Darren Purse at the back we can really emulate the 2010 season all over again. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

That’s just idiotic. Sorry. 

Bounce back? What on earth leads you to believe we’d do that?

Just think about the standard of player we will attract now, in this league. We will be a very small fish, less 12 points. We are dead men walking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I’d rather have the 12 points this season, get relegated, and bounce straight back. We’ve got a better chance of building a side for promotion in League 1 than building one to avoid relegation in the Championship. 

What if the teams dont all come back.

Under normal circumstances you maybe right. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a league in this current climate where about 80% of it all voted not to play on the season. 

• Like 1

I’d rather have the 12 points this season, get relegated, and bounce straight back. We’ve got a better chance of building a side for promotion in League 1 than building one to avoid relegation in the Championship. 

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago but wasn't so sure with what I was saying at the time and am still not. We've seen in the past how difficult we can make getting out of that division at the first attempt and next season might not get finished in the lower leagues if clubs aren't able to raise income somehow.

A minus 12 point start is demoralising but not impossible but would need to hit the ground running, the longer it takes to catch up the more despondent it will become.

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Can someone answer me this!

We sold the stadium for £60 million

In the financial year it was included we made a pre tax profit of £2.5 million

Without it we would have posted a pre-tax lost of £35.4 million!

What's happend to the other £22.1 million? Surely selling the stadium for £60m means a pre tax profit of £24.6 million!

Not 100% sure but i suspect its because when the club owned the stadium it showed in the accounts as an asset valued in the region of £22m. When the stadium was sold the asset could no longer be included in the accounts.

Just think about the standard of player we will attract now, in this league. We will be a very small fish, less 12 points. We are dead men walking. 

Don't worry, some people will genuinely think we'll be attracting the cremè just because we were good once in the 90s n that. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Don't worry, some people will genuinely think we'll be attracting the cremè just because we were good once in the 90s n that. 

People seem to be forgetting what we currently have and how they’ve just performed too. 8 points in 9 games was it? 41 points after 46 games at that rate..

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

This. 

Utter incompetence from the man at the top. Paying crazy wages and worst of all, refusing to sell any player to mitigate ffp. Do one DC. 

Agree. He does need to go, but it would be like trying to sell a house with subsidence and dry rot. We’re in dire straits, which is quite apt because we really have spent a lot of money for nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They can't appeal a case they aren't involved in can they?

They can maybe raise a separate case - I hope they win and the judgement is decided as 6 points off this season and 6 points off next! 

That's what I am saying. whatever there case is will be to have us deducted the 12 points this season.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Actually raises more questions. 

How is the stadium sale being treated from an accounting perspective now?

What’s our current status in relation to FFP?

Well the stadium sale itself wasn’t mentioned so must be ok, therefor it’ll be in the 18/19 accounts due any day

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

People seem to be forgetting what we currently have and how they’ve just performed too. 8 points in 9 games was it? 41 points after 46 games at that rate..

Not forgetten nothing. Get rid of Monk, get a proper manager, then we have a chance. Even play-offs!

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Actually raises more questions. 

How is the stadium sale being treated from an accounting perspective now?

What’s our current status in relation to FFP?

Accounts not submitted for the last accounting period. I'm going to make a guess that they are looking really healthy, everything is fine and it's all nasty FFP and the EFLs horrible little fault that we were allowed to back date our stadium sale in the last accounts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we start with on 0 points in League One we’d attract decent enough players to get us back out of it.

-12 in the Championship, I’d be very surprised if we attract any quality 

do you honestly think losing the championship tv money next season would benefit us lol