BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

Just a stay of execution.

Swimming against the tide before a ball is even kicked. 

Do we really think we have the recruitment team to bring the players in that are ready to fight the cause?

Then there’s the small matter of having a manager that couldn’t motivate a dog to fetch a ball. 

Great work DC!

Recruitment team... :image:

Guest Bulgaria
23 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's character forming to be in a relegation dogfight before the season has started.

On fire tonight mate...

Making me proper giggle.

I’m trying to make my mind up if it is better to carry the punishment of -12 into new season or get relegated now?

Staying in championship gives us a chance but, my God, we need a team who give it their all and currently, we don’t!

Edited by SwellOwl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

One for our resident accountants. The independant panel has deemed that the stadium sale should not have been included in the 2017/18 accounts, will this result in any ramifications from the HMRC or financial regulatory bodies given that our accountants & auditors have said the sale is allowable in the said accounts.

I asked the same question somewhere in the 600 page megafred. MK said it’s not that unusual to re-state accounts

Disgraceful decision, expect an appeal and a proportion of the penalty ultimately suspended. Dont think we were going to challenge for promotion next season anyway, so plausible to reach mid table, even with -12.

May have been covered, but if they found the sale should not have been in the previous accounts, hence the penalty, the sale then falls in later years, giving much more scope for investment in the squad bearing in mind 3 year P&S cycle?

I personally think we should have had the points deduction this season, both from a moral and footballing perspective. We now need a good season just to stay in the championship. I think we'll struggle to attract the right players and so may end up going down anyway, so it just delays the inevitable.

Relegation would have forced a definite re-think from chansiri, and that is what is required right now, total refresh and rejuvenation.

I hope I'm wrong and we do manage to stay up, UTO.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Does this punishment now mean we have 60 million for stadium sale in this years accounts?

So we can actually do business now?

Thats my thoughts , if the stadium isn't included in those rolling three years we surely have money to spend 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. No decent players will want to commit to us. Can you really imagine Prem teams loaning us any decent players when we basically have had our season written off 

of course theyll still loan to us. Its about gametime for their player,not will he get em promoted!