16 goals 9 games

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

Not sure why? I think we can all be confident that Monk is a crap manager.

It's bizarre because he is comiting himself to a style which may not suit. Agreed re Monk, obviously. 

Just now, dr. benway said:

Can't help but feel it's more to do with the absolute absence of any footballing intelligence that's causing the problems rather than the formation. We didn't look good with four at the back either.

So why play with a formation that we don't have the players for? 

Either way it's inept management.

Monk out.

Just now, Minton said:

So why play with a formation that we don't have the players for? 

Do we have them for four at the back? We're struggling for left backs since Fox left, and I do feel the wingbacks have given us a bit more bite in midfield and going forward. Shame we can't turn it into a winning formula, but I feel like the football has been (a heavily qualified) "better" since we switched to 3-5-2. Though I take the point that we're shipping goals left right and centre, so I genuinely don't know. I suppose I just feel like we'd be as bad in any other formation.

6 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Can't help but feel it's more to do with the absolute absence of any footballing intelligence that's causing the problems rather than the formation. We didn't look good with four at the back either.

it’s almost as if no one has a clue what they’re doing..

Can’t wait for this season to end, taking Monk’s grift with it.

Guest hirstysfags
8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Almost 2 goals conceded per game. Less than 1 goal scored per game. Less than a point a game.

You do the math. 

"Maths"

Alright already.

Guest Jack the Hat
11 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Almost 2 goals conceded per game. Less than 1 goal scored per game. Less than a point a game.

You do the math. 

Maths pal. We’re not in America. You do the MATHS and I’ll do the English.

Which is correct math or maths?

The only difference between math and maths is where they're used. Like we said earlier, speakers of American and Canadian English use math, while speakers of British, Irish, and Australian English favor maths. There's no real logical explanation as to why math became preferred in some places while maths was elsewhere

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, pussface said:

Jewel era: can’t get any worse than this.

Turner era: hold my beer

This also works for Irvine/Megson, Megson/Jones, Luhukay/Monk..

I'm taking right now as equivalent to the end of the 2003-04 season. Time for a squad clear-out, and bring some new future legends in.

(And yes, I do remember that Turner got fired a few weeks into the 2004-05 season. I'd still like to see Monk given a chance with his own signings and backroom team, though).