Wildsmith

8 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

I have to admit this surprised me, I dont remember that many loans. Does anyone have the dates / lengths of loans / games played stats? I'm still of the opinion that they haven't had enough worthwhile loans while they have been developing with us, happy to be proven wrong though! 

What do you recommend then...loan one to Liverpool and the other to Chelsea with a clause that they have to play every game if fit

its not champ manager......we can’t unilaterally decide who to loan to and what the playing time they get is

I think probably 80 of the 100 odd keepers that have played this year are very much similar

easy to say “Salford must want him” or the likes but week in week out we see errors worse than Dawson and Wildsmith are making from premiership keepers.....many from players rated at £50m+

as @vulva has said earlier....we’ve got 10 other positions that need fixing before we get round to the keeper

Edited by Ian

Guest mrbluesky
38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not totally his fault but he was at fault, look at it again and watch how much of the goal he leaves open when he advances, got his angles totally wrong. 

As for having a decent game overall, think you will be in the minority on that one.

You have to make a split second decision of closing angles, "totally wrong" err ok

I tell you what, he had a way better game than the 3 in front of him, I`m really glad I`m in the minority tbh reading this thread

Guest LondonOwl313
32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Dawson has been to Alfreton, Chesterfield, Wycombe and Plymouth

Wildsmith to Alfreton and Barnsley

Some of those loans are non league though. And they didn’t go there to play as number 1 for any of them. They went there as cover when they were young lads 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Silkstone Owl said:

And yet against Bristol City he made some absolute world class saves 

inconsistency kills us every game 

Shhh, one swallow doesn`t make a summer

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not the one coming on to say what a first class game our keeper had  after he shipped five goals

Sorry, can you put a link up where I said that?😂

Come on Neil, is that the best you can do?😂

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

What do you recommend then...loan one to Liverpool and the other to Chelsea with a clause that they have to play every game if fit

its not champ manager......we can’t unilaterally decide who to loan to and what the playing time they get is

I think probably 80 of the 100 odd keepers that have played this year are very much similar

easy to say “Salford must want himL or the likes but week in week out we see errors worse than Dawson and Wildsmith are making from premiership keepers.....many from players rated at £50m+

as @vulva has said earlier....we’ve got 10 other positions that need fixing before we get round to the keeper

Bit of a touchy reply, I was asking for a few stats that's all! Thanks for pointing out its not champ manager, that was really helpful. I would have thought for 2 up and coming, promising young keepers, it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a few successful loans over the last few years. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Silkstone Owl said:

I know that much 

read the last line of my post 👌

I`m being sarcastic pal, It doesn`t fit the narrative in this thread to praise him.

People just look at A player for fault, when there was a lot worse going off in front of him. I mean a lot, lot worse. 

11 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I`m being sarcastic pal, It doesn`t fit the narrative in this thread to praise him.

People just look at A player for fault, when there was a lot worse going off in front of him. I mean a lot, lot worse. 

Exactly

if your defence is shocking then it’ll never end well

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Bit of a touchy reply, I was asking for a few stats that's all! Thanks for pointing out its not champ manager, that was really helpful. I would have thought for 2 up and coming, promising young keepers, it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a few successful loans over the last few years. 

The biggest problem in doing that was the biscuit we had as no.1

Dawson went to Wycombe...straight in to the team.......Westwood got injured and we had to recall him after his first game

Same story at Chesterfield after 2 games

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

And yet against Bristol City he made some absolute world class saves 

inconsistency kills us every game 

made a great save tonight sadly made some crap judgement on others 

also 

Edited by trevdi9

Guest timrud

The first goal was bad.

Since his return to the team its his first clanger - so he should be cut some slack.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

The biggest problem in doing that was the biscuit we had as no.1

Dawson went to Wycombe...straight in to the team.......Westwood got injured and we had to recall him after his first game

Same story at Chesterfield after 2 games

Fair enough to a degree, but we've had 4 keepers for a good few seasons now, and Westwood has done long stints of games without injuries, and keeping decent form in general. There's probably a mid point to our opinions, but I'll certainly admit it isn't as clear cut as I thought earlier, cheers. 

4 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Really? Neither brilliant. A bare minimum would be for your keeper to stop trickling shots at the near post from outside the box or come collect balls into the 6 yard area. Experienced keeper needs to be signed in the summer, those two are not good enough, simple.

All because I think he's better than Dawson doesn't mean I think he should be our long term keeper. We do need an experienced keeper or else we'll continue to ship 60 odd goals a season.

They’re both sub par, I think everyone would acknowledge that if they were being honest.

Dawson is a jitterbug who concedes 30% of shots on target and Wildsmith is a table football keeper who struggles down low to his near post with with a penchant for a clanger every few games, 

Its really just a choice of whether we sacrifice this position to invest in other areas. Personally I wouldnt...we need a proper keeper.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Problem is, we need a new keeper and 8 outfield players. 

We’ve got an international keeper on the books earning over £1m per year. For doing nothing. 

The whole situation, and indeed the whole club is an utter farce from top to bottom. We fully deserve to go down. It’s a shambles and has been since Carlos went and that Dutch clown came in. 

Spot on but I'd say our problems started earlier than when Dross arrived.