Wildsmith

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

As average as a keeper can be.

A long way from being our biggest concern.

Not a problem though, as we have the highest paid keeper in the division on our books for another year.

Well run club.

Bigger problem is we have tyed 2 bang average keepers down to and 4 and 5 year contracts...swfc..an agents dream

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Exactly

if your defence is shocking then it’ll never end well

Exactly and they were worse than our keeper

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 20.14.24.jpg

Can you point out where he should be positioned in this nano second?😂

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Do yourself a favour

Never ever  EVER try to become a goalkeeping coach

lol

Irony, please Nicky, tell me where he should be positioned? 

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

his legs should be frantically moving towards mitrovic in that nano second....he's rooted to the spot waiting for the inevitable attempt at goal.

Hindsight is a great thing, if he rushes out, just maybe he would have made it just as easy.

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Hindsight is a great thing, if he rushes out, just maybe he would have made it just as easy.

Just as easy?

Remind me how it went with him not making a challenge for the ball...

Oh yeah...

GOAL

So you're suggesting if he comes out and makes it harder for the striker it would be 'just as easy'???

Lovely logic

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Funny what 8 months does to the memory but to refresh Westwood was playing 5hite before he was rightly dropped. He didn't show much team spirit by feigning injury so he didn't have to sit on the bench.

That's fair comment, I said at the time I didn't expect to see him on the bench too often and it is disappointing that it has transpired that way.

But at what point do you as a manager or a club have to sit down and clear the air, either to get the player out the door completely or to get him back on side? Yes he was not at his best by his standards but if he deserved to be dropped for his form then Dawson and Wildsmith shouldn't be playing either as they have been worse and aren't able to command the defensive line at all. It isn't just pure coincidence that we didn't concede 3, 4 or 5 on a regular basis when he was in goal. He didn't concede more than 2 in any of his games this season.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Just as easy?

Remind me how it went with him not making a challenge for the ball...

Oh yeah...

GOAL

lol

Think you are wasting your time.

He has already said he is happy to be in the minority on this matter as basically we have got it all wrong and he is some kind of goalkeeping guru.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

if he deserved to be dropped for his form then Dawson and Wildsmith shouldn't be playing either as they have been worse and aren't able to command the defensive line at all.

Agree with this but we're running out of goalkeepers to drop

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Think you are wasting your time.

He has already said he is happy to be in the minority on this matter as basically we have got it all wrong and he is some kind of goalkeeping guru.

Yeah

lol

I particularly like how he looks at the photo showing Wildsmith totally out of position as the striker approaches, with a wide open goal, and says there's nothing at all wrong with his positioning

That's the highlight so far

It's almost like he doesn't realise that everyone saw Wildsmith's performance for themself

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What a lovely situation that is

I know it isn’t a great situation. Wildsmith seems to get beat by distance but he doesn’t drop the clangers that Dawson does.

We probably need to bring a new number one in next season. Apparently Darlow at Newcastle is looking for first team football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agree with this but we're running out of goalkeepers to drop

lol

We've got one who we extended a wage to for this summer period despite the fact he hasn't played a league game for anyone for 4 years! :ghoulguy: