Wildsmith

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 20.14.24.jpg

Keeper lets in 5 goals

Badly positioned

Lets in a goal at his front post (again)

Let's a goal in through his legs

And MrBlueSky wants to knight him and put up a bronze statue in his honour for an outstanding performance

lol

Ahhh, so it appears you are struggling to debate (again), that`s fine Neil, you keep blaming the keeper, keep repeating the old through the legs and posting a still that is supposed to show his poor positioning without explanation.

It`s the last sentence in you post that gives it away tbh (insert winky emoji) 

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Ahhh, so it appears you are struggling to debate (again), that`s fine Neil, you keep blaming the keeper, keep repeating the old through the legs and posting a still that is supposed to show his poor positioning without explanation.

It`s the last sentence in you post that gives it away tbh (insert winky emoji) 

Five goals

Front post

Through his legs

Shots from distance

Yeah

You're right

TOP performance that

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah

lol

I particularly like how he looks at the photo showing Wildsmith totally out of position as the striker approaches, with a wide open goal, and says there's nothing at all wrong with his positioning

That's the highlight so far

It's almost like he doesn't realise that everyone saw Wildsmith's performance for themself

I commented on it in the matchday thread as soon as it went in. As has been said, he completely overcompensated to not get beat at the near post again and covered 3-feet of the advertising board the wrong side of the post as a result -  thus giving Mitrovic all of the goal to aim at.

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I know it isn’t a great situation. Wildsmith seems to get beat by distance but he doesn’t drop the clangers that Dawson does.

We probably need to bring a new number one in next season. Apparently Darlow at Newcastle is looking for first team football. 

Wildsmith is far worse for clangers

Far worse

Dawson just doesn’t save enough shots

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just as easy?

Remind me how it went with him not making a challenge for the ball...

Oh yeah...

GOAL

So you're suggesting if he comes out and makes it harder for the striker it would be 'just as easy'???

Lovely logic

lol

Never seen a quality striker with an on rushing keeper Neil? obviously not, yep lovely logic,  

You seem a tad upset tonight Neil, but still no explanation of said still (insert winky emoji)

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I commented on it in the matchday thread as soon as it went in. As has been said, he completely overcompensated to not get beat at the near post again and covered 3-feet of the advertising board the wrong side of the post as a result -  thus giving Mitrovic all of the goal to aim at.

Big time

Just look at it..

If you're the striker and you see that whole space just open up in front of you all you have to do is tap the ball towards the left hand side and...

GOAL

The positioning here is just absolutely awful

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky

Five goals

Front post

Through his legs

Shots from distance

Yeah

You're right

TOP performance that

You are proving me right with every post Neil

It`s a shame you`re unable dissect/breakdown passages of play, it would be refreshing but instead post a still shot and keep repeating yourself (insert laughing emoji) 

Oh well.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Big time

Just look at it..

If you're the striker and you see that whole space just open up in front of you all you have to do is tap the ball towards the left hand side and...

GOAL

Just watched it again and your picture doesn't really do it justice. He ends up WAY further to his left. 

My lad is a 12yr old keeper and he was critical about the 1st and 4th goal especially. He said Wildsmith should have set a side step earlier and not continued towards his right post, he was still moving as the striker lifted to shoot and that's a no-no as a keeper. By the way he likes Wildsmith loves Westwood but thinks Dawson is weak on the key basics.

• Like 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Just watched it again and your picture doesn't really do it justice. He ends up WAY further to his left. 

I'm waiting  for the YouTube highlights video to come so we can embed it on here and show everyone who hasn't seen it yet so to demonstrate what nonsense MrBlueSky is talking

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm waiting  for the YouTube highlights video to come so we can embed it on here and show everyone who hasn't seen it yet so to demonstrate what nonsense MrBlueSky is talking

It's on Fulham's youtube, do yo need it to be on ours?

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s had a bad game today but he should keep his place as Dawson has produced clanger after clanger since Christmas until lockdown.

Yeah but he let 5 goals in today 😂 (sarcasm) , he was solely to blame for one of the goals, the 3 at the backs positioning today was abysmal. 

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, vulva said:

It wasn’t that long back that Westwood let 4 in against United that I could have stopped. 

Bottom line is, both Wildsmith and Dawson are decent Championship keepers. We’ve got 99 problems bigger that these 2. 

Sense at last,totally agree, the back 3 were more of a concern for me today, they were all over the shop.

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Big time

Just look at it..

GOAL

To be fair Mitrovic is one of the top scorers in the league and is clean through with no defenders anywhere close. 

Yeah Wildsmith should probably narrow the angle better but even with a top keeper in goal the balls probably going to end up in the back of the net there 

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

I'd be looking at replacing the GK coach, nicky weaver

Yeah, get Neil in!😂

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

To be fair Mitrovic is one of the top scorers in the league and is clean through with no defenders anywhere close. 

Yeah Wildsmith should probably narrow the angle better but even with a top keeper in goal the balls probably going to end up in the back of the net there 

So our keeper should just give up?

Owlstalk Shop