GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

I think we need to accept he’s gonna be here next season and give him a chance, whether folk want him or not. 6 weeks till the new season with half a squad, there’s no way DC will be even thinking of changing managers right now. We don’t have the time to enter the process for a new one 

I always think: ‘what would I do if it were my money’?

Based on results and his use of players, loans etc I wouldn’t keep him but I don’t see the behind the scenes stuff that DC may do. If that was very, very positive in Monk’s favour then I can see why DC might be tempted to keep him, but I can’t think for the life of me what that might be to offset such poor results.

The only other reason I might keep him was if I felt I couldn’t get anyone better, so I  then wouldn’t waste paying him compensation.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well yeah.. any contract can if you're willing to pay/defend yourself in court etc

But rolling contracts don't 'expire' ever do they?

We should not have any compensation fee to pay as it's a rolling contract so if we let him go we wouldn't be breaking the contract

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

Based on bad results and dire performances, it wasn't just because people didn't like them.

Yet Monk's results and performances are worse than either of them, but some people still go on about him "deserving" to stay on for some reason.

7D0A6481-5328-445F-8DC6-F7EC69C4B3D0.gif

Owlstalk Shop

On 15/07/2020 at 15:13, Kenners3896 said:

Is that the same coaching staff he had during his wildly successful times at Leeds Boro and Birmingham. 

This club needs a fresh start. 

Get rid of monk, for the love of God get rid of bully l, get a manager in that can bring the good times back to Hillsborough. 

17 goals at home is hopeless. 

4 wins in 22 games is hopeless. 

Get rid. 

5B161278-A75E-4088-943A-392AD087FF92.gif

Owlstalk Shop