GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fans put paid to Jos Luhukay AND Carlos Carvalhal 

Chansiri made the changes under massive pressure from fans

Based on bad results and dire performances, it wasn't just because people didn't like them.

Yet Monk's results and performances are worse than either of them, but some people still go on about him "deserving" to stay on for some reason.

Edited by alanharper

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Based on bad results and dire performances, it wasn't just because people didn't like them.

I think you're revising history a bit there mate

Chansiri didn't want to part company with them at all

He sat stubbornly saying there was no way he was going to sack Jos and was going to stick with him.

The fans forced it big time

Anyone who says otherwise either wasn't at the fans forum (in Luhukay's case) or is just making stuff up to fit their side of the debate

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you're revising history a bit there mate

Chansiri didn't want to part company with them at all

The fans forced it big time

Anyone who says otherwise either wasn't at the fans forum (in Luhukay's case) or is just making stuff up to fit their side of the debate

Yeah I know that - I meant that the fans wanted Carlos and Jos out because they were clearly failing miserably and underperforming as managers, yet despite that Chansiri seemed reluctant to make the change just as he seems to be with Monk.

"Jos Out" was an almost unanimous opinion amongst the fans, yet Monk has done a worse job than him and he still has people saying that he "deserves" to stay and be entrusted with rebuilding the team..

28 minutes ago, alanharper said:

"Jos Out" was an almost unanimous opinion amongst the fans, yet Monk has done a worse job than him

I'd have been very interested to see Jos' record (or Carlos for that matter) with the squad that Monk has had to work with, without a coaching team, with times where the players didn't get paid on time, an EFL charge hanging over the club with potential relegation, with pretty much a full squad's contracts coming to an end, with COVID19 meaning that a shedload had to be played pretty much one after the other, after the other,  with your top striker and best defender clearing off before the end of the season etc etc etc

I'd have LOVED to have seen their records under that situation

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd have been very interested to see Jos' record (or Carlos for that matter) with the squad that Monk has had to work with, without a coaching team, with times where the players didn't get paid on time, an EFL charge hanging over the club with potential relegation, with pretty much a full squad's contracts coming to an end, with COVID19 meaning that a shedload had to be played pretty much one after the other after the other after the other etc etc etc etc

I'd have LOVED to have seen their records under that situation

Monk inherited a better squad than Jos had. He also had his own transfer window to fetch players in. Both signed Joey Pelupessy to contracts.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He really didn't though did he?

Let's not start making stuff up

Just cos he couldn't manage them properly doesn't mean he didn't have a better squad. Iorfa, Luongo, Harris, Murphy ,Borner all added to Jos' squad.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure you've  thought this through

It was in your list of excuses. How did Covid 19 have anything to do whatsoever with the 3 months shocking results from late December to mid March?

Every team had the same fixture schedule after the restart, and it's not as if we were any worse from that point either, if anything performances were slightly improved. 

• Like 1

The fact that we haven't already confirmed his exit makes me believe he will be here for the start of next season.

I don't subscribe to the thought that if only given time, managers would turn their clubs around. 

I've not seen anything that gives me faith in him.

His contact is up, the only thing going for him is that he's the incumbent.