GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FEE0A871-55FC-4386-BC86-76468E185597.gif

Genuine question - what do you think those who want Monk to stay have seen in him? 

I dont mean a list of mitigating circumstances. I mean positives that they have seen either on the pitch or off it, that have made them think, yes this guys our guy.

I couldnt think of one thing myself but maybe I'm not thinking clearly enough.

• Like 4

So we ask Monk to clear out the squad lower the wage bill and generally be the messenger  of gloom to the players . we say thanks for taking all the Shiite for us but goodbye .if we treat Managers in that manner of will just lead to a downward spiral with no way out.

Someone as had to have the mucky end of the stick and that's fallen to Monk who is working under the most difficult of scenarios not of his making.we need to back off and give room for a rebuild to happen ,we have no idea what money will be available until legal matters with the EFL are sorted and hopefully we will be in a position where Chansiri will be able to invest in the team again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Genuine question - what do you think those who want Monk to stay have seen in him? 

I dont mean a list of mitigating circumstances. I mean positives that they have seen either on the pitch or off it, that have made them think, yes this guys our guy.

Keep asking the same. Only answer I’ve had so far Is he kept us and Birmingham up

23 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

who is then?

who do we get in for another 18 months and then boo him outa the place?

6 hours ago, dorian gray said:

who is then?

who do we get in for another 18 months and then boo him outa the place?

The genuine question hasn't been answered by anyone. What, on the pitch, has given people a view that Monk can take us further?

I dont care about mitigating circumstances or there's no one better out there... thats not the point. I'm trying to understand what makes people believe in Monk where I can't. And excuses or having nothing better immediately obvious isnt an answer.

Edited by Spondon Owl
  • Like 6