Players Loyalty

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

No, as I explained, these are exceptional circumstances and I do not see it as very much of a burden to play on for an extra month. That is my opinion.

you cant possibly think that fox would stay on the strength of not being disrespectful to the fans .......he's had dogs abuse from standing ovations when he got took off to booing when the the teams are announced ...... 

• Like 1

Just now, Lomas613 said:

The one im most disappointed in is Fletcher reaching end of career. Claimed he'd like to end career at Wednesday but then leaves us at a time like this. With fans only assuming that the contract money was not good enough lets face it at this time in his career hell still be earning enough to live comfortably. Im actually bitter about it just think loyalty to a club is no more. The only loyal player I dread to say is Nuhiu hes stood by put his neck on line and still he stays with all the grief he gets. Maybe he's not quality but hes deffo more a loyal player than the others

.he stays because he probably wouldnt get a contract as good anywhere else ......the only loyalty is from the supporters .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you cant possibly think that fox would stay on the strength of not being disrespectful to the fans .......he's had dogs abuse from standing ovations when he got took off to booing when the the teams are announced ...... 

There are just as many if not more that recognise the improvement in Fox' s game. If he has stuck his fingers up because of what you are alluding to, I am glad he's gone. But I am not sure you are right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

Spot on 100% For some, it seems the fans can say what they want about a player, boo him, yet not once considering how that mIght make him feel. These people are human and have feelings. Yet because someone hasn’t signed an extension, they are possibly deemed unloyal or greedy. Sorry but that is pie in the Sky,  fairy story thinking. Thankfully I live in the real world.

Just now, torryowl said:

.he stays because he probably wouldnt get a contract as good anywhere else ......the only loyalty is from the supporters .

Talking about players not supporters the fans are obviously loyal. Like your comment above fox got dogs abuse Nuhiu hasn't far of yet Nuhiu is loyal and sticking by the club. Regardless of contract fox might not get as good a contract either else where 

Just now, Lomas613 said:

Talking about players not supporters the fans are obviously loyal. Like your comment above fox got dogs abuse Nuhiu hasn't far of yet Nuhiu is loyal and sticking by the club. Regardless of contract fox might not get as good a contract either else where 

I bet Fox does get a better deal. If not, then why wouldn’t he stay?

Could the players signing the contract extensions have written into them that in the case of injury the club has to continue paying the agreed wages for the duration of any rehabilitation. Surely any agent worth his salt would be insisting on that clause being included. If that request gets rejected by the club the players have every right to tell the club to shove it 

Just now, Lomas613 said:

we dont know do we but i'd wager fox as got something lined up that pays him more than we offered ......nuhiu probably  wont have ......do you  really think if nuhiu had a offer on the table from another club that he'd risk losing it for another month here 

Edited by torryowl

Just now, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Could the players signing the contract extensions have written into them that in the case of injury the club has to continue paying the agreed wages for the duration of any rehabilitation. Surely any agent worth his salt would be insisting on that clause being included. If that request gets rejected by the club the players have every right to tell the club to shove it 

that sounds reasonable .but if fletch as agreed to join say rangers on a 2 year deal and suffers a a 6 month injury here by playing an extra moth then rangers youd think would pull out the deal and 6 months down the line fletch is scratching around for a new deal from the poor position of being unemployed 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that sounds reasonable .but if fletch as agreed to join say rangers on a 2 year deal and suffers a a 6 month injury here by playing an extra moth then rangers youd think would pull out the deal and 6 months down the line fletch is scratching around for a new deal from the poor position of being unemployed 

Fair point bud

In that case could the player and agent ask for the terms of that contract to be covered as an insurance policy again it’s up to the club to agree, admittedly highly unlikely in this case but it depends how desperate the club needs them to play. 
If in your scenario Rangers insist he doesn’t play then there isn’t anything Wednesday or Fletcher could do anyway so no harm in telling the supporters as it is and he would go with my blessing. 

1 hour ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

it'd bankrupt the club with our injury history.

any new signings in the coming window should not be cripples, or aged, up for a last payday.

fit and hungry, add talented if the money will stretch that far.

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

at the end of the day, despite all the badge kissing, footballers are pithing up your back, they're mercenaries.

2 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Why gets to me ...more than anything........Is why can’t players like Fletcher..Forestieri..Hutchinson show an ounce of loyalty and just agree a short term contract to the end of the season ??....Wednesday have stood by these players through long term injuries.. court cases etc ...Even if Wednesday haven’t offered them a short term contract...Why out of loyalty to the club and the fans just offer there services for an extra month ??..... We are down to the bare bones of the squad trying to stay in the championship............Maybe they are just overrated overpaid mercenaries..with no loyalty to the fans .. chairman or club

Players only loyalty is to their bank balance these days. Sad reflection on the state of football. 

• Like 1

Guest Ronson
2 hours ago, scram said:

Forestieri not good enough for a lower mid table champs team?

Okay....

Nurse!

You do realise there's 2 components to a human being don't you? That would be their physical and mental capabilities and whilst there's no denying FF had it in him to perform physically, he just lacked the mental attributes we need. Having one without the other leads to failure BTW.

Just as a comparison I'm a chiropodist who finished up getting a chance to work with professional footballers but my attitude wasn't right and I finished up washing the kit after the games. True story, regretted it ever since. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree with the sentiment but if you want loyalty, buy a dog. 

There is a difference between loyalty and respect. If players won't sign such short term extensions on loyalty grounds, it wouldn't go amiss to show a bit of respect. Whilst millions of people around the battle have battled the effects of COVID, these guys have been sat around for months raking in thousands of pounds per week. 

I am sure that Fox could have gritted his teeth for an extra month and turned a blind ear to the torrent of abuse, boos and hisses coming from the cardboard cut outs in the stands, then gone on his merry way thereafter.