Players Loyalty

7 hours ago, dorian gray said:

it'd bankrupt the club with our injury history.

any new signings in the coming window should not be cripples, or aged, up for a last payday.

fit and hungry, add talented if the money will stretch that far.

at the end of the day, despite all the badge kissing, footballers are pithing up your back, they're mercenaries.

My point was in response to players who were not signing a months extension so they had some kind of cover if they got injured. If the players have a history of injuries the club would make the decision not to extend anyway. 
yes going forward we need younger fitter legs and hopefully the talent to match. What we also need desperately are winners, players that are willing to do the dirty stuff. We are so naive in how to win and close out games

• Like 1

Football has been professional in this country for over 130 years.  When fans accept that for the most part, the loyalty of any given player is close to zero with the exception of homegrown players, then you can see the game clearer and hold the players to account for their own professionalism, or lack of.  Loyalty is acquired when there's an emotional bond.  Friends and family are those you can usually count on.  The rest, nah.

They are very well paid to perform duties given to them; those duties include putting the ball in the net, marking their opposition player, stopping the ball from entering the Wednesday net, running with the ball in a productive way, putting crosses in to allow other Wednesday staff to perform their duties, tackling the opposition, not being poo.  That's it, it's not rocket science.

Kissing the badge isn't a requirement included in the pay, making your hands in to a love heart isn't either.  It's meaningless poo.  Utter meaningless drivel that sucks up a few fans who seem to be stuck in their teen years with posters on the walls who think that Jason Donovan is really singing to them, he's not.  Sorry boys.  

It's not love, it's purely a financial transaction.  And there's the rub.  If you pay a professional to do a job for you (eg solicitor, plumber, dentist) and they screw you over, you don't fawn over them and wonder how much you need to give them to retain their services, you absolutely make sure first they know it, and secondly how they are going to make amends.  A tweet, an instagram post, a cliche in the press is not making amends.  Doing the job they are paid to do is making amends.  If you are prepared to pay top dollar to be served up poo , then that's your choice.  I recommend going to Jamie Oliver's restaurants.

During this summer, tens of thousands (possibly millions) will have lost their jobs.  Tens of thousands have lost their lives.  The number of clubs that don't survive could be in double figures.  The players delayed and dithered purposely to avoid giving up their salaries (notable exceptions).  They saw their contract out on full pay (some on loyalty bonus) while those around them suffered.  While those in the service industries have been furloughed or lost their jobs, players have not.  Someone on £20k a year must take a 20% cut because his/her employer has decided.  Someone on £20k a week however, well, he's got family, he's got a mortgage etc the amount of blind excuses we give allowances to our footballers that we don't give to our fellow man who was serving us coffee or chopping our mullets.   Why are fans like this?   The relationship from our footballers isn't reciprocated, they must think we're the biggest mugs on the planet.

The players loyalty isn't to Sheffield Wednesday or to the game, their loyalty is to the highest bidder and it's temporary.   Fans loyalty towards the players should be purely professional.  No emotion, no misguided swooning at their feet.  Do the job you're paid to do, or get the fizz out of our club and that would be about the same level of loyalty clubs are shown by the players (pay me, increase my pay, pay for doing nothing, pay me for not turning up, pay me for being injured, pay me for being banned, or else I'm moving on).

fizz 'em, every single one that left.  And fans, wake the fizz up, he's not going to call, he's not going to come down on a falling star, or be a true love's kiss that turns us ugly frog ******** in to princes (or princesses).  He's just not that in to you, and never was.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Even if they’ve got a problem with monk ....do it for the fans and the chairman ....Monk probably doesn’t pick them cos they can’t be arsed ....so ...why don’t these players just change their attitudes for one month ....regardless of monk 

You sound like a great man manager 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Why gets to me ...more than anything........Is why can’t players like Fletcher..Forestieri..Hutchinson show an ounce of loyalty and just agree a short term contract to the end of the season ??....Wednesday have stood by these players through long term injuries.. court cases etc ...Even if Wednesday haven’t offered them a short term contract...Why out of loyalty to the club and the fans just offer there services for an extra month ??..... We are down to the bare bones of the squad trying to stay in the championship............Maybe they are just overrated overpaid mercenaries..with no loyalty to the fans .. chairman or club

I'm absolutely certain that you would put at risk say a contract paying 10k or even 20k a week for a club that you wont be playing for next season like may be the case for Fletch 

I wouldn't but then im probably a selfish so and so 

• Like 2

My boyhood hero’s were ...Andy McCullough...Jeff Johnson and Tony Toms ......so I hope you understand why today’s tattooed....selfish...spoilt ...pampered ...can’t be arsed superstars wind me up !!!