Players Loyalty

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The circumstances are different. They are just being asked this season to play on for another month or so. Surely that's not too much to ask.

The poster on here ‘Hughdowd’ thinks they should do it for free though. 🤯

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

What if the likes of FF and Fletcher have got other clubs lined up? What if said club has said we don’t want you to play again for SWFC. Then let’s say FF plays and breaks his leg. Wednesday get shut of him and he has no club to go to anymore.

Fletcher I will accept because he's sidelined anyway. The rest is what ifs and injuries can happen at any time.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sexpistol said:

I bet you wouldn’t if you were actually faced with that option. I’ve not seen ONE example of anybody doing this. 

Cos how many people do you know earning 25k + a week ??

Just now, sexpistol said:

Im going to run with this for the purpose of my reply. So let’s just say all the players said they would do this, even if Hutch did this, what would anybody gain, as he wouldn’t be in any squad anyway. What would he be actually giving his free services for?

Self respect !!!!!!

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Fletcher I will accept because he's sidelined anyway. The rest is what ifs and injuries can happen at any time. I doubt another club would make such a stipulation to a player that is not yet contracted to them.

Maybe maybe not, but ask yourself why they haven’t signed. Let’s say for example FF was on 30k a week, but for the rest of the season we offered 15k a week. Surely 15k is better than £0 which he will be earning now as he isn’t employed by anybody.

Why hasn’t FF, Fletcher and Fox signed? It can hardly be greed when right now none of them are on any clubs payroll.

Just now, Hughdowd said:

Risk an injury!!!!!.....Where’s the loyalty??...Regardless of monk etc ....players should play for the club not the pay packet

the club would show them no loyalty when they have no further use of them .....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Cos how many people do you know earning 25k + a week ??

The answer to that question is irrelevant. I was referring to football. I have yet to see ONE example of a player coming out and saying they will work a month for free until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Maybe maybe not, but ask yourself why they haven’t signed. Let’s say for example FF was on 30k a week, but for the rest of the season we offered 15k a week. Surely 15k is better than £0 which he will be earning now as he isn’t employed by anybody.

Why hasn’t FF, Fletcher and Fox signed? It can hardly be greed when right now none of them are on any clubs payroll.

I thought these things were classified as "contract extensions". An extension of a contract means the same terms and conditions. Getting offered a lower salary for a new contract is different. But that still doesn't excuse refusal to accept a short term extension.

I thought these things were classified as "contract extensions". An extension of a contract means the same terms and conditions. Getting offered a lower salary for a new contract is different. But that still doesn't excuse refusal to accept a short term extension.

Why have they refused though?

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

But we do need these players to see this season out ..

But in the case of Hutch, he was deemed surplus to requirements and despite having a lack of players now, both him and Winnall were not offered an extension until the end of the season. 

I don't know but I am not impressed.

I thought Fox would at least see the season out. We know about Forestieri's attitude sometimes.

I have to say I was very surprised about Fox and I would have liked him to have signed a new contract let alone an extension. I doubt he would be on mega money but he came on and played well in what he and everybody knew would be his last game. His attitude was excellent.

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I have to say I was very surprised about Fox and I would have liked him to have signed a new contract let alone an extension. I doubt he would be on mega money but he came on and played well in what he and everybody knew would be his last game. His attitude was excellent.

I would have been happy for Fox if he has something better lined up but that still doesn't excuse not seeing out the rest of the season. That I find very disappointing and kind of disrespectful to the club and supporters.

Just now, Hughdowd said:

But we do need these players to see this season out ..

maybe but they dont need us .....you cant have  it both ways and say  winnall hutch you two can feck off the rest of you can have another month and expect them to say "thanks we'd love to." 

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

I would have been happy for Fox if he has something better lined up but that still doesn't excuse not seeing out the rest of the season. That I find very disappointing and kind of disrespectful to the club and supporters.

you are kidding arnt you .....

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Why gets to me ...more than anything........Is why can’t players like Fletcher..Forestieri..Hutchinson show an ounce of loyalty and just agree a short term contract to the end of the season ??....Wednesday have stood by these players through long term injuries.. court cases etc ...Even if Wednesday haven’t offered them a short term contract...Why out of loyalty to the club and the fans just offer there services for an extra month ??..... We are down to the bare bones of the squad trying to stay in the championship............Maybe they are just overrated overpaid mercenaries..with no loyalty to the fans .. chairman or club

The one im most disappointed in is Fletcher reaching end of career. Claimed he'd like to end career at Wednesday but then leaves us at a time like this. With fans only assuming that the contract money was not good enough lets face it at this time in his career hell still be earning enough to live comfortably. Im actually bitter about it just think loyalty to a club is no more. The only loyal player I dread to say is Nuhiu hes stood by put his neck on line and still he stays with all the grief he gets. Maybe he's not quality but hes deffo more a loyal player than the others