Sheffield Wednesday social media

Afternoon everybody, hope you're all good!

I just wanted to pick your brains a little bit regarding The Star's social media coverage. I'm in the process of freshening it up a bit and putting some new types of content out there, but I wanted to find out from you what sort of stuff you guys - and other fans - would be interested in? 

I'm experimenting with audio, video, imagery and graphics across the different platforms, trying to get different sorts of content out and available to our followers. Is there anything that you'd like to see that you aren't seeing currently?

Some examples below of the sort of stuff I've been working on:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Making the star website readable would be a start. It's just one big adverts page. Even using a blocker it's slow. I avoid it totally now. 

If you subscribe and get the app that comes with it, then you can read all the articles without any ads on them. You also get each edition of the paper on the app too.

As much as interviews and articles with the current manager and playing squad are obviously going to be your everyday bread and butter, I wonder whether there's scope to include regular interviews with past players and coaches, both well-known and not so well-known, whose stories we don't always get to hear?

You often find that those whose connections to the club are long since past are more willing to offer up interesting tidbits and stories than those still around the club, for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As much as interviews and articles with the current manager and playing squad are obviously going to be your everyday bread and butter, I wonder whether there's scope to include regular interviews with past players and coaches, both well-known and not so well-known, whose stories we don't always get to hear?

You often find that those whose connections to the club are long since past are more willing to offer up interesting tidbits and stories than those still around the club, for obvious reasons.

I completely agree! Since my arrival I've done interviews with guys like Mark Pembridge, Drew Talbot, Tony Meola etc. And Alex has done a lot of interviews with former players as well.

I've also started a regular monthly feature where I speak to well-known Owls fans about their SWFC story. Did Pete McKee last month and there's an interview with Sky's Sophy Ridge coming up tomorrow. I've also done a piece on Wednesday's 1992 trip to South Africa that's coming up.

Obviously there's a lot of football happening now, but there will be plenty of retro stuff from me and Alex during the offseason.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

I'll test the water on that in the next press conference mate.

Don't.

David Icke got banzored from Youtube for this.

I reckon he was onto something and the Social Media elites got scared.

Real dangers on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook. 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
25 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

I'll test the water on that in the next press conference mate.

Thanks. I'd also like to know his preferred nickname; Garry Spunk, or G-force. 

I reckon if you put a post out there 'On this day in history' news story, that would go down well - link to Star write up of a game.

Please make the exception of any defeat against the Blades though - not that many in recent history but still. 

Edited by WatfordOwl
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

If you subscribe and get the app that comes with it, then you can read all the articles without any ads on them. You also get each edition of the paper on the app too.

Okay can anyone on here let me know if they actually subscribe to these? 

Sometimes its like fighting a war getting past the adverts to then only read ...'old man dies in house after leaving his gas cooker on' and thats would be the entire story lol

• Like 1

My parents still get the paper version delivered every night and have done so since I was a child. 

When I visit and read the said publication it continues to be as hopelessly inaccurate about names, dates and places as ever.

I'd hate your social media revamp to lose any of that charm.

Mind you I don't engage with social media beyond this, so on second thoughts, fill your boots with truthful accurate and intelligent reporting.

God bless this new enterprise 😇

44 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Would love to, the question has been asked. I'll be trying again in the offseason.

Not using phrases like "offseason" would be a good start....unless DC is moving us to the MLS to avoid any FFP penalties!