Sheffield Wednesday social media

47 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Okay can anyone on here let me know if they actually subscribe to these? 

Sometimes its like fighting a war getting past the adverts to then only read ...'old man dies in house after leaving his gas cooker on' and thats would be the entire story lol

Yes I subscribed after getting frustrated like you...loads better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Would you know who leaked the story about players not been paid?  (not asking you to name names).  Or if there was any truth in the story? 

I have read one or two of your articles online and very interesting they are but unfortunately I would never pay for any content on the internet. But thats just me a tight wad. 

Loads of easy accessible information out there. 

No reason even to buy the paper either. Which I used to deliver as a kid ninety pence a week! 

Would you consider opening a moderated chatroom after each game?  Get instant feed back from the fans. 

The chat room idea could be an interesting one, I'll certainly bring it up.

As for the wage thing, there's definitely something in it because it's been acknowledged by Monk. Doesn't seem to be an issue though, could just be an admin mistake even.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hate to say but I don't think it matter what The Star do with the feeds, until they get rid of the stupid online payment tax, no one will view them anyway.

Myself and my father before me always bought The Star daily and the Green un every Saturday before it was scrapped, but the price of the paper has gone up and up and the standard of what is in it has got less and less.

There used to be a morning Star years back and an evening Star, the evening paper always had what was happening at Hillsborough, all we get now is the same sports stories rewritten over 4 or 5 days with a line or two changed telling you the same thing.

In an age of social media most of the articles online are a few days out of date. On your website the last match report (see link below) you have is Notts Forest we have played two games since then, presumably someone forgot to put them online?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/match-reports

If you want to improve The Star then have an Online Green un with the same information you used to get in the Paper. You would get the older fans on side and also attract a whole host of new fans

Thanks for this feedback, mate.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No offence but that's just total bull mate

Tbh I know more people would agree with me than disagree.

I won't know what Joe has written because The Star website like all local media makes my eyes bleed so ignore it 

Just now, YesWeCrann said:

The chat room idea could be an interesting one, I'll certainly bring it up.

As for the wage thing, there's definitely something in it because it's been acknowledged by Monk. Doesn't seem to be an issue though, could just be an admin mistake even.

I thought it had only been acknowledged by Monk to deny it happened. Did he expand on the subject? 

Just now, mkowl said:

Tbh I know more people would agree with me than disagree.

I won't know what Joe has written because The Star website like all local media makes my eyes bleed so ignore it 

How can you know there's an anti-swfc slant then?

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No mate

remember there's this Covid thing going on so the press is done via Zoom links instead of in a nicely set up room with broadcast equipment etc

ok, my point is it used to be the Club putting these out,(cant they zoom also), now it seems it's on the Stars twitter page,

it's ok for the likes of you thats all up to date with these things, but I'm not, so I was asking a simple question, are the Club

no longer using twitter to put out pre - match press release and is that now being done by the Star?

Edited by daleblue

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hate to say but I don't think it matter what The Star do with the feeds, until they get rid of the stupid online payment tax, no one will view them anyway.

Myself and my father before me always bought The Star daily and the Green un every Saturday before it was scrapped, but the price of the paper has gone up and up and the standard of what is in it has got less and less.

There used to be a morning Star years back and an evening Star, the evening paper always had what was happening at Hillsborough, all we get now is the same sports stories rewritten over 4 or 5 days with a line or two changed telling you the same thing.

In an age of social media most of the articles online are a few days out of date. On your website the last match report (see link below) you have is Notts Forest we have played two games since then, presumably someone forgot to put them online?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/match-reports

If you want to improve The Star then have an Online Green un with the same information you used to get in the Paper. You would get the older fans on side and also attract a whole host of new fans

The Green UN was online, don't know if it still is, I would guess not.   And you didn't have to wait in the newsagent for it to turn up.  Which was part of the excitement thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I thought it had only been acknowledged by Monk to deny it happened. Did he expand on the subject? 

He just said that they were happy with the explanation given by the club and that it wasn't an issue for them. Wouldn't expand on the actual issue, but played it down massively and said everyone's alright with it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

ok, my point is it used to be the Club putting these out,(cant they zoom also), now it seems it's on the Stars twitter page,

it's ok for the likes of you thats all up to date with these things, but I'm not, so I was asking a simple question, are the Club

no longer using twitter to put out pre - match press release and is that now being done by the Star?

Let me just clarify this one as I seem to have confused matters

During pre/post press conferences everyone tweets updates:
The Star
Joe Crann
Dom Howson

Sheffield Wednesday Official
 etc

Everyone.

So nobody's stopped

More people have started!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

How can you know there's an anti-swfc slant then?

lol

From previous reading of the site. Due to its prejudice against Wednesday like many I have basically ignored it beyond the negative slant headlines you get. 

And why would I trust the sanity of local media who think Keiran Maguire is an expert 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Let me just clarify this one as I seem to have confused matters

During pre/post press conferences everyone tweets updates:
The Star
Joe Crann
Dom Howson

Sheffield Wednesday Official
 etc

Everyone.

So nobody's stopped

More people have started!

The video format, not just audio.

PS. I'm easily confused.

Edited by daleblue

18 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

With the emergence of the Examiner, it seems like we are spoilt for choice with media coverage on the club at the moment. 

I really like The Athletic's coverage but obviously it's a paid service and they can pretty much write what they want about the club.

Joe - like your fresh ideas and constant engagement with the fans, love to see new types of content on social media so keep it up. 

A few suggestions on possible articles and content (might have already been covered):

1. Chansiri - always wanted to find out a bit more about the chairman's background and how he ended up at SWFC. Possible off-season (sorry Ian) article that could involve the man himself?
  2. Pig insult - so many reasons on why we and them refer to each other as pigs, how about both sets of writers at The Star pen their thoughts?
  3. Twitter threads - Doncaster Council are good at these and SWFC did have a go at them not so long ago, but I do enjoy reading them.

Get them to read United's programme notes from this match...explains it all

Sat 4 Feb 1967 Sheffield United v Wednesday ........ 0-1 15 43,490

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The Green UN was online, don't know if it still is, I would guess not.   And you didn't have to wait in the newsagent for it to turn up.  Which was part of the excitement thinking about it.

The only one I can find is for Ipswich.  

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not seen a video format for ages, must be too expensive or not enough watching to make it worthwhile.

I might shoot down and film it, I have a cine camera somewhere. 

That'll be lovely, got any footage of holidays in the South of France, 60's stuff? 

Cant wait.