Sheffield Wednesday social media

Just now, YesWeCrann said:

The Joe Wildsmith one was video from a press conference. The audio from Monk was from today's press conference. More video going out from today's presser later today on social media.

Sorry mate, was this mornings press release from Monk, wanted to watch but cant find it.

They used to be live on twitter.

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Can I suggest the reports in The Star do not have a deliberate negative stance against the Club.

It is blindingly obvious how you report Wednesday in an half empty way compared to United in a half full way. 

Stop that or at least be consistent and you might find the publication is taken seriously again by Wednesday fans

I'm a Wednesdayite myself, I've written numerous positive articles since I started. And I don't know any where I was overly critical. 

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Apart from pointless and boring?

Like I said, each to their own.

Like I said I don't think you understand what they are, what you're going to get from them etc

I'm not saying that to offend you by the way - I'm just saying it because your'e clearly expecting some kind of all singing all dancing spectacular

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Sorry mate, was this mornings press release from Monk, wanted to watch but cant find it.

They used to be live on twitter.

We split the pressers up. Snippets go live in text format as it happens, then we do some articles on it over the course of the day. We're also now bringing in videos and audio on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, and then a longer video on Daily Motion.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 12.44.26.jpg

This morning all the press conference was tweeted out by the Star for free

You see, there I am expecting it to be on the Clubs twitter page, is this the norm now and why wasn't I informed of this?

With the emergence of the Examiner, it seems like we are spoilt for choice with media coverage on the club at the moment. 

I really like The Athletic's coverage but obviously it's a paid service and they can pretty much write what they want about the club.

Joe - like your fresh ideas and constant engagement with the fans, love to see new types of content on social media so keep it up. 

A few suggestions on possible articles and content (might have already been covered):

1. Chansiri - always wanted to find out a bit more about the chairman's background and how he ended up at SWFC. Possible off-season (sorry Ian) article that could involve the man himself?
  2. Pig insult - so many reasons on why we and them refer to each other as pigs, how about both sets of writers at The Star pen their thoughts?
  3. Twitter threads - Doncaster Council are good at these and SWFC did have a go at them not so long ago, but I do enjoy reading them.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It was also on the club's Twitter page 

Well I was looking but must have missed that tweet.

Cos its not on there now, we are talking about a live video interview aren't we?

Would you know who leaked the story about players not been paid?  (not asking you to name names).  Or if there was any truth in the story? 

I have read one or two of your articles online and very interesting they are but unfortunately I would never pay for any content on the internet. But thats just me a tight wad. 

Loads of easy accessible information out there. 

No reason even to buy the paper either. Which I used to deliver as a kid ninety pence a week! 

Would you consider opening a moderated chatroom after each game?  Get instant feed back from the fans. 

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Well I was looking but must have missed that tweet.

Cos its not on there now, we are talking about a live video interview aren't we?

Sorry mate - thought you were talking about tweet updates from the press conference

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorry mate - thought you were talking about tweet updates from the press conference

We used to do live video pre - match press, but this seems to have gone, is the Star now taking over this function?

Edited by daleblue

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

You see, there I am expecting it to be on the Clubs twitter page, is this the norm now and why wasn't I informed of this?

This is from today's press conference, mate. I'm talking about the Star's coverage here, not the club's. I can't affect how the club are doing things.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

We used to do live video pre - match press, but this seems to have gone, is the Star now taking over this function?

No mate

remember there's this Covid thing going on so the press is done via Zoom links instead of in a nicely set up room with broadcast equipment etc

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I hate to say but I don't think it matter what The Star do with the feeds, until they get rid of the stupid online payment tax, no one will view them anyway.

Myself and my father before me always bought The Star daily and the Green un every Saturday before it was scrapped, but the price of the paper has gone up and up and the standard of what is in it has got less and less.

There used to be a morning Star years back and an evening Star, the evening paper always had what was happening at Hillsborough, all we get now is the same sports stories rewritten over 4 or 5 days with a line or two changed telling you the same thing.

In an age of social media most of the articles online are a few days out of date. On your website the last match report (see link below) you have is Notts Forest we have played two games since then, presumably someone forgot to put them online?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/match-reports

If you want to improve The Star then have an Online Green un with the same information you used to get in the Paper. You would get the older fans on side and also attract a whole host of new fans

• Like 2