It's definitely the wrong time to drop Jordan Rhodes

27 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Also I think the ball sticks up front more with Rhodes.

I really don't know what Da Cruz has done. Potential fine, but what has he achieved?

What did Rhodes do last night or done since the restart? Very little, half-hearted attempts.  The ball has been pumped in the box on a regular basis and Rhodes is late to the party each time.  Play seems to break down around him not been able to move the ball on with any conviction. Just hasn't offered anything of merit.  

I was one, who was pleased about the signing (if not the size of the fee) and was eagerly looking forward to decent return from him.  Still hoping he clicks, but I can't see him scoring ten more goals in his Wednesday career. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It says it all that Da Cruz has done more than Rhodes as I don’t rate Da Cruz either.

id be tempted to start Reach at LWB and try Harris with Wickham.

Please, please, please make last night the last time he ever wears an Owls shirt. £14 million and £40000 per week for this total waste of space. I guess the happy clappers will come on and say he needs another chance and it will all come right #147, but his level is probably mid table Div 2. Could do a job for Chesterfield or maybe even Doncaster but I can't see either wanting him.

20 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What did Rhodes do last night or done since the restart? Very little, half-hearted attempts.  The ball has been pumped in the box on a regular basis and Rhodes is late to the party each time.  Play seems to break down around him not been able to move the ball on with any conviction. Just hasn't offered anything of merit.  

I was one, who was pleased about the signing (if not the size of the fee) and was eagerly looking forward to decent return from him.  Still hoping he clicks, but I can't see him scoring ten more goals in his Wednesday career. 

Interesting isn’t it?

Im the opposite. I said we didn’t need Rhodes because the Hooper-Fletcher pairing was so good.

But now, I say we have all but no choice but to play Rhodes.

First, he’s a year left, unlike the other 3.

Second, of our potential pairings (and that’s what matters):-

Wickham Rhodes

Wickham Nuhiu

Wickham Da Cruz

its the best we have. At best, Da Cruz is a wide forward. Possibly even a winger. Absolutely does not seem to suit CF. The one thing our side does not lack is width. In Murphy and Harris we have width in buckets. Da Cruz gets in the way and leaves Wickham hopelessly isolated.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Your repeated posts attacking him after every game suggests otherwise mate

lol

Attacking?  Was hoping it was more constructive criticism.  

It might suggest, but I really do hope he laughs in my face after picking up, POY after scoring 20+ goals for us.

Its more down to frustration as we know that he is capable of scoring goals, but at the moment he looks nothing like a goalscorer.

Plus the fact he comes across as a really nice person with good intentions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Attacking?  Was hoping it was more constructive criticism.  

It might suggest, but I really do hope he laughs in my face after picking up, POY after scoring 20+ goals for us.

Its more down to frustration as we know that he is capable of scoring goals, but at the moment he looks nothing like a goalscorer.

Plus the fact he comes across as a really nice person with good intentions. 

Yeah he does.

He's come close in the last three games - a bit of luck going  his way and he'd have bagged at least one goal

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting isn’t it?

Im the opposite. I said we didn’t need Rhodes because the Hooper-Fletcher pairing was so good.

But now, I say we have all but no choice but to play Rhodes.

First, he’s a year left, unlike the other 3.

Second, of our potential pairings (and that’s what matters):-

Wickham Rhodes

Wickham Nuhiu

Wickham Da Cruz

its the best we have. At best, Da Cruz is a wide forward. Possibly even a winger. Absolutely does not seem to suit CF. The one thing our side does not lack is width. In Murphy and Harris we have width in buckets. Da Cruz gets in the way and leaves Wickham hopelessly isolated.

Can't argue with any of that.   

I've been as critical of Rhodes (or rather more accurately, those who use such double standards and wishful thinking defending him) as anyone, but with what we have right now, our best option is starting him with Wickham and having Nuhiu come on from the bench. Da Cruz isn't really part of the equation because he obviously sees himself as more of a wide player. But let's be honest, it's not a situation that's likely to get us many goals. Although we played reasonably well last night, and certainly didn't deserve that score, we struggled to create a whole lot.

• Like 3

We have to stick with Wickham and Rhodes, not least because we don’t have many other options, however I wouldn’t be to see them as a pair going forward next season They are so one paced, most decent championship defences wouldn’t have a problem keeping them quiet

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I've been as critical of Rhodes (or rather more accurately, those who use such double standards and wishful thinking defending him) as anyone, but with what we have right now, our best option is starting him with Wickham and having Nuhiu come on from the bench. Da Cruz isn't really part of the equation because he obviously sees himself as more of a wide player. But let's be honest, it's not a situation that's likely to get us many goals. Although we played reasonably well last night, and certainly didn't deserve that score, we struggled to create a whole lot.

Thats been the problem for ages we just dont score, if we go behind you just know we don't have the wherewithal to retrieve the situation.

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats been the problem for ages we just dont score, if we go behind you just know we don't have the wherewithal to retrieve the situation.

Didn't we go behind and then score against Forest?

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have to stick with Wickham and Rhodes, not least because we don’t have many other options, however I wouldn’t be to see them as a pair going forward next season They are so one paced, most decent championship defences wouldn’t have a problem keeping them quiet

Is pace essential?

Hooper & Fletcher lacked pace, but they bettered every defence.

19 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes I agree. Stick with Wickham and Rhodes tonight. They have looked a good partnership and like you say we have got 4 points from 6. Hope Monk doesn’t change it but unfortunately I think he will. Personally don’t think Cruz has what it takes. 

Anybody who does thibk Cruz or Nuhui are a better choice than Rhodes should stay off the glue..!!!

• Like 2