It's definitely the wrong time to drop Jordan Rhodes

5 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

I know a main job for a striker is to shoot and score but Rhodes has played well with making room and running in ect... He shouldn’t be dropped. Him and Wickham are plying well together. In my eyes a winning team shouldn’t be changed unless fitness or injuries become an issue. 

Yes it’s the nearest thing to a partnership, albeit a slow motion one. Stick with it for now

• Thanks 1

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

What about now? Da Cruz did far more when he came on again 

Like what?

It’s all about next season. We are stuck with Rhodes next season whereas Da Cruz will no doubt go back. I’d try and get the confidence of Rhodes up by playing him when we can between now and the end of the season. If anything it might even put him in the shop window to finally get him off the books.

Edited by Swiss Toni

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

Wickham and Rhodes works well.

I'm not sure what Da Criuz best position is. I like him coming on for the last 20 to run at tired defender's

Wick ham works well

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Rhodes has actually resembled a footballer these last 3 games

He's been more involved and part of the team performance in these games than the past 3 years combined

Stick with him I say as when he goes off we look weaker as a team

Da Cruz is bobbins 

Just now, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Rhodes has actually resembled a footballer these last 3 games

He's been more involved and part of the team performance in these games than the past 3 years combined

Stick with him I say as when he goes off we look weaker as a team

Da Cruz is bobbins 

Totally agree. Rhodes was making runs in behind and working the channels which was stretching them. As soon as DaCruz came on he was dropping deep. Him and Wickham were playing with their backs to goal. This allowed their defence to play 20 yards further up the pitch. They then squeezed the life out of us and dominated. No need to chase the game so early, was a daft substitution. We matched them first half but got dominated in the second because of the change.

• Like 1

I'll counter this and say Rhodes offers very little as s threat, doesn't get involved enough, has barely more than one chance a game, he's slow and not strong enough.

If he plays next season we will again struggle to find the net , it's a pity he's got a year left! 

• Like 2

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I think I’d rather play Nuhiu over Rhodes

You can't play Nuhiu and Rhodes together. Nuhiu is rubbish when he starts s game, takes the pace out of attacks.

I'm not saying Rhodes is back to what he was but he looks good alongside Wickham. He's been holding the ball up nicely and looks a million times better than before.

Da Cruz is a good footballer, he's strong, quick BUT what is his position? We lost all our shape when he came on.

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thought he did a little better again, but my worry is his mental attitude. Can he continue this improvement in his game play, or will his head drop ?

Imo Rhodes does not have the athleticism, to be a footballer. You can see his body shape & running gait are all wrong.

Ordinarily, he would have have been binned at academy level, however his footballing brain & finishing were good enough to compensate.

Now, in his late 20s, his athleticism is so poor, his other attributes can't get him through. He's just not up to speed with the game & always a few yards/seconds too late.

Harry Kane, may have similar problems in 5 years time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

You can't play Nuhiu and Rhodes together. Nuhiu is rubbish when he starts s game, takes the pace out of attacks.

I'm not saying Rhodes is back to what he was but he looks good alongside Wickham. He's been holding the ball up nicely and looks a million times better than before.

Da Cruz is a good footballer, he's strong, quick BUT what is his position? We lost all our shape when he came on.

Drifts to much from position for me Da Cruz. We lost our shape massively.

31 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

In what way was Rhodes good? I don't think he saw the keeper let alone trouble him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Drifts to much from position for me Da Cruz. We lost our shape massively.

Also I think the ball sticks up front more with Rhodes.

I really don't know what Da Cruz has done. Potential fine, but what has he achieved?

First half we looked a better team than West Brom. One lapse of concentration from one player and we went in one down undeservedly.

Second half we totally lost shape, cohesion and threat. 

Da Cruz plays like a winger when he comes on. Wickham was a one-man band thereafter.

For the next 6 games Rhodes is a better option than Da Cruz. At the end of the season the management can think further.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

First half we looked a better team than West Brom. One lapse of concentration from one player and we went in one down undeservedly.

Second half we totally lost shape, cohesion and threat. 

Da Cruz plays like a winger when he comes on. Wickham was a one-man band thereafter.

For the next 6 games Rhodes is a better option than Da Cruz. At the end of the season the management can think further.

In this 352 formation definitely.

• Like 1