It's definitely the wrong time to drop Jordan Rhodes

Plus, Da Cruz seems to play very wide. We already have two line-hugging wing-backs providing us with great shape. We don’t want Da Cruz also taking up those positions, thereby leaving Wickham totally isolated. 

• Like 1

He's been unlucky in both games, hitting the post, working the keeper...could have easily had 2 as well as Wickham.  Would love him to score tonight.

Also, with Wickham getting 2, they will mark him hard later, possibly leaving Rhodes a bit of space...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It would be great if Rhodes could score, do his confidence a power of good. I'd stick with him if he's fit enough. He's been a bit unlucky so far but he's made some nice space in the box with little runs but defenders have got blocks in. If he carries on like the lst 2 games it will come good sooner or later.

I would stick with the same team if we can but I do wonder if the players might need to be rotated with games coming thick and fast.

• Like 2

when playing 2 up top it's all about a partnership. you don't break it up after 2 games because 1 of them hasn't scored

if fit, they need to be first names on the team sheet till the end of the season. Monk has got it right so far by giving Da Cruz the last half hour against the tiring defence

• Like 1