THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Bulgaria

I know it's not the right thread for this but if I ever give any betting tips..... ignore me.

I had a double today..

Luton to win ( losing 5-0)

Barnsley to win ( losing 3-0)

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm not sure I'll be putting any money on Wigan getting a deduction. Got a feeling their case is a bit on the special side and wouldn't be surprised if they were allowed a reprieve or suspended deduction pending full investigation. It's the EFL, all bets are off. 

If that's the case I think we would see some court cases

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm not sure I'll be putting any money on Wigan getting a deduction. Got a feeling their case is a bit on the special side and wouldn't be surprised if they were allowed a reprieve or suspended deduction pending full investigation. It's the EFL, all bets are off. 

The administrators have already been appointed and are effectively running the club.

EFL rules dictate that administration triggers an automatic 12 point deduction.

If they fail to implement their own rules then whoever finishes third from bottom will no doubt be taking legal action against the EFL as may any other clubs who’ve previously gone into administration and bern deducted points.

Failing to implement their own rules would create all kinds of problems for the EFL.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If that's the case I think we would see some court cases

I agree, I just get the feeling that before the season is out there's gonna be some crazy stuff learnt about this one. Will be a lot of pressure to not punish the fans etc. 

I think they should be deducted, don't get me wrong, I'm just going on the EFL and their ability to move the goalposts and make odd decisions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The administrators have already been appointed and are effectively running the club.

If they fail to implement their own rules then whoever finishes third from bottom will no doubt be taking legal action against the EFL as may any other clubs who’ve previously gone into administration and bern deducted points.

Failing to implement their own rules would create all kinds of problems for the EFL.

Looking at a tweet from Nick DeMarco it seems that there might be a case for saying the EFL are fault for allowing the new owner to take charge of the club by not doing the proper fit and proper checks.  They've implemented their rules fair enough but the argument is they've allowed someone to buy the club who didn't have the funds to do it plus from what i've read there might be some dodgy betting involved somewhere

27 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I know it's not the right thread for this but if I ever give any betting tips..... ignore me.

I had a double today..

Luton to win ( losing 5-0)

Barnsley to win ( losing 3-0)

:duntmatter:

Had speculative yankee, Ignore me aswell

image.png.0e0f5f1241ca129ac6554c6bf1a0e9bd.png

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Sadly this crap was always coming...I mean football matches played out in court rather than on the pitch.

Theres that much at stake now it was probably inevitable it would happen

Phillipine betting syndicates buying clubs to win relation bets is a new low in terms of the EFL though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/wigan-athletic-relegation-administration-latest-efl-chairman-rick-parry-bet-gambling-philippines-a9599176.html

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

32 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Which include fit and Proper Person scrutiny and due diligence !

• Haha 1