THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

I only wish the guy your dad was speaking to with regards to Ineos taking over SWFC was true as their owner is Sir Jim Radcliffe who is a multi billionaire. Through business I was fortunate to meet Sir Jim when he was investing heavily at the Ineos chemical plant in Grangemouth, Scotland about 4 years ago

He is one hell of a great businessman and absolutely loves football.

While there may be some merit in the fact that he may have looked at SWFC at some time in the past, he has only recently (August 2019) bought Nice FC for £95 million. Sir Jim lives in Monaco but is a Manchester lad by birth. 

Now we can live in hope but I realistically can’t see Sir Jim Radcliffe who owns 2/3rds of Ineos wantingto buy another football club so soon after buying Nice F C

We can dream but it would make sense for any would-be buyers to wait for the EFL charge to be resolved before investing. They’re not about to buy a club who gets kicked out the league or drops to league 1. 

It could be a major result if we win the case and stay up on merit. 

I appreciate what Chansiri has tried to do but feel it would be a good time for him to let someone else have a go if they have the financial backing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

I only wish the guy your dad was speaking to with regards to Ineos taking over SWFC was true as their owner is Sir Jim Radcliffe who is a multi billionaire. Through business I was fortunate to meet Sir Jim when he was investing heavily at the Ineos chemical plant in Grangemouth, Scotland about 4 years ago

While there may be some merit in the fact that he may have looked at SWFC at some time in the past, he has only recently (August 2019) bought Nice FC for £95 million. Sir Jim lives in Monaco but is a Manchester lad by birth. 

Now we can live in hope but I realistically can’t see Sir Jim Radcliffe who owns 2/3rds of Ineos wantingto buy another football club so soon after buying Nice F C

Only on owlstalk, and with women, can you have your hopes raised and smashed to pieces so quickly 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Was reading he also already owned Lausanne-Sport in Switzerland who will probably be 2nd Div champions shortly.

Interesting he bought Nice from the current Barnsley owner who also owns a Swiss and Belgian club. Think I prefer a owner to focus everything on just one side if possible.

7 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

7 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

We can dream but it would make sense for any would-be buyers to wait for the EFL charge to be resolved before investing. They’re not about to buy a club who gets kicked out the league or drops to league 1. 

The RB Leipzig story in Germany shows that serious investors wouldn’t necessarily be put off by the current league position of the club they have identified, as long as it offers the potential to fulfil their ambition. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

Edited by oldowl67
Quote edit

39 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

The RB Leipzig story in Germany shows that serious investors wouldn’t necessarily be put off by the current league position of the club they have identified, as long as it offers the potential to fulfil their ambition. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

Interesting, but I still think it’s more likely a rich consortium would be looking at buying PL or championship clubs in this country for a quick rewards in their investments. Buying a league 1 club would be a more long term project 

13 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

And it’s crap.

Looks absolutely soulless. 

These new bowl like stadiums usually are !

From what I’ve seen of Brentford’s  new stadium - and obviously I haven’t been to a game there - it’s no worse or better than many others of that ilk 

39 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Just watchin Sophy Ridge on Sunday (hair was tucked over one ear) I think she's heard something... 

When asking Matt Hancock about a decision midweek on the Chinese 5G situation she said "Oh ..on Wednesday Huawei on Wednesday Huaweii"....................make of that what you will.

1 minute ago, twolaptops said:

When asking Matt Hancock about a decision midweek on the Chinese 5G situation she said "Oh ..on Wednesday Huawei on Wednesday Huaweii"....................make of that what you will.

Journo speak for " Wednesday Huaweii" 

14 hours ago, stuffed owl said:

Just makes any redevelopment more difficult.

How many Archibald Leitch (Archibald Leach was Cary Grant) stands are still kicking around? He designed dozens throughout the UK

Goodison, Craven Cottage, Selhurst Park, Fratton Park, Ibrox, Villa Park?

All grounds with character and atmosphere. Villa have shown with there ground how they can be maintained and modernised.

1 hour ago, twolaptops said:

Huawei Wednesday aren't we? 😁

Would relegation be such a disaster. Next year there’ll be two from WBA, Leeds,Brentford, Forest and Fulham alone with possibly Villa, Norwich and one from Brighton, WHU our Bournemouth...all with better squads, more resources and likelihood of top 6 will be slim.

Wouldn’t building a new, cheaper team be easier from the top of league one than the bottom/middle of the championship

Attendences may actually improve if performances and results are positive (more likely in that division)...and it isn’t as if money is lavished on championship clubs as it is (other than the relegated teams)

• Haha 2