THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 hours ago, darra said:

Was listening to the radio after the Baggies game and heard a report about our game. This was about 1am. The reporter mentioned our court case and said it was similar to Derbys. He also said in his opinion Deby would not get a points deduction

Well be may be right about the points deduction, but he isn't right about the two cases. Derby are being scrutinised over their valuation; we are being scrutinised over the date of the sale and the accounts that we put the sale into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t someone get these gimps to change the heirachy at least ?  Vote of no confidence from the clubs in the leadership of the EFL ? 

Just now, Sheff74 said:

Well be may be right about the points deduction, but he isn't right about the two cases. Derby are being scrutinised over their valuation; we are being scrutinised over the date of the sale and the accounts that we put the sale into.

Do we know for definite that they aren't challenging our valuation as well?

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

They could be I suppose, but I thought the main bone of contention was the timing of the sale?  We'll probably never know for sure, because the whole process is about as transparent as a glass of milk.

45 minutes ago, darra said:

Looking at a tweet from Nick DeMarco it seems that there might be a case for saying the EFL are fault for allowing the new owner to take charge of the club by not doing the proper fit and proper checks.  They've implemented their rules fair enough but the argument is they've allowed someone to buy the club who didn't have the funds to do it plus from what i've read there might be some dodgy betting involved somewhere

How can they stop someone from buying a club?  Nowt to do with them surely.

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I suppose thats a bit vague...Its worth as much as anyone is willing to pay for it I suppose..same as most else....

The fact the Chansiri sold it to himself?

I honestly don't know

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

They could be I suppose, but I thought the main bone of contention was the timing of the sale?  We'll probably never know for sure, because the whole process is about as transparent as a glass of milk.

Feels like something that they would throw into the pot to make us look worse, unless that is the one bit of evidence that they can't dispute...eg. an email

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How can they stop someone from buying a club?  Nowt to do with them surely.

What is the owners’ and directors’ test and how does it work?
It is what was previously known as the “fit and proper person’s test”. Those who want to become owners of EFL and Premier League clubs have to satisfy certain requirements, such as not having an unspent criminal conviction for fraud, not being bankrupt, and not being banned from serving as a company director. Anyone who wants to be a director or owner is asked to provide information

The fact he's put the club into admin within 4 weeks suggests he didn't / doesn't have the funds to run or buy the club or both.

1 minute ago, darra said:

It is what was previously known as the “fit and proper person’s test”. Those who want to become owners of EFL and Premier League clubs have to satisfy certain requirements, such as not having an unspent criminal conviction for fraud, not being bankrupt, and not being banned from serving as a company director. Anyone who wants to be a director or owner is asked to provide information

The fact he's put the club into admin within 4 weeks suggests he didn't / doesn't have the funds to run or buy the club or both.

From what Ive read Darra...You can take a loan out to show proof of funds

Just now, darra said:

If person A wants to sell to person B  then I can't see what the EFL or the Prem can do about it.  It's not their club.   Its possible he wanted to buy it for other reasons. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

From what Ive read Darra...You can take a loan out to show proof of funds

Could be mate  But surely that would've been flagged in due diligence and proof of funds shown?

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Where was this trial being held?

Was the canteen open or did they have to take their own refreshment?

Biscuits or a cheese board ?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If person A wants to sell to person B  then I can't see what the EFL or the Prem can do about it.  It's not their club.   Its possible he wanted to buy it for other reasons. 

Id imagine its much like when the daughter, apple of the eye, brings home the local weapon. Nothing much to be done about about her choice of suitor. 

You can threaten of course swinging her the boot, of turfing her from family seat. But they know full well you'd never follow through in reality. So they do what they want anyway. 

You lay down some flimsy ground rules. But you know full well  he'll be padding down the landing to her room under the cover of darkness making a mockery of the rules.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Id imagine its much like when the daughter, apple of the eye, brings home the local weapon. Nothing much to be done about about her choice of suitor. 

You can threaten of course swinging her the boot, of turfing her from family seat. But they know full well you'd never follow through in reality. So they do what they want anyway. 

You lay down some flimsy ground rules. But you know full well  he'll be padding down the landing to her room under the cover of darkness making a mockery of the rules.

Thats what I meant to say.

36 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

It wasn't mentioned in the EFL's statement when we were charged. If its been added since it certainly hasn't been made public knowledge.