Starting 11 for Forest

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sod that, if he can play even some games and help get us away from slipping in to relegation then he's in.

I'm sure he will play his part - but he ain't gonna start every game after injury and 5 months without playing.

Difficult to pick a side until we know what's happening with the players out of contract.......or if the loanees aren't allowed to extend.

We could be looking at something like this:

..............................Dawson

Iorfa............Lees...................Borner........Palmer

Odubajo........Bannan........Pelupessy........Harris

.......................................Reach

......................Rhodes.....

3 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Difficult to pick a side until we know what's happening with the players out of contract.......or if the loanees aren't allowed to extend.

We could be looking at something like this:

..............................Dawson

Iorfa............Lees...................Borner........Palmer

Odubajo........Bannan........Pelupessy........Harris

.......................................Reach

......................Rhodes.....

Do you want us to go down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first few games will be like a training season - they've essential had a full three months off, no pre-season games/friendlies and light training.

Expect several casualties come full time with our lot.

To me our best performances have come with Luongo and Lee in the side.

Last two wins Brighton and Leeds they both started in a 3 man midfield.
They make a massive difference with their running and link play.

I would start them with Bannan in a 3. Add in Reach and Murphy who was playing well before the break and I think we have enough footballers there to look like a proper team.

Windass is a difficult one. I like his ability and he has a competitiveness about him which I like, just not sure what position he plays/ does best in

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

People saying Lee should start. Do you think he will get a new contract or deserves a new one? 

We don't know which out of contract players are willing to extent until the end of the season, but I'd put money on Lee doing it.

Under the present circumstances I'd give Lee another year, doubt he's on a fortune.

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

We don't know which out of contract players are willing to extent until the end of the season, but I'd put money on Lee doing it.

Under the present circumstances I'd give Lee another year, doubt he's on a fortune.

personally I wouldn’t. Was a great player a while ago but now is to injury prone and doesn’t look half the player. Real shame. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

People saying Lee should start. Do you think he will get a new contract or deserves a new one? 

Depends on several things.

How is his injury, has he recovered  and can play week in week out, or are we having to manage him in terms of how often he can play.

We don’t know the answer if we are managing him then no.

Secondly if we don’t sign Lee who are we going to sign who is better.

If we a plan to sign somebody better to play then fair enough.

At the moment we are a better team when he plays so we would need to sign somebody better.

Talking about out of contract players then Kieran Lee might be one who would sign for an extra month to help us out or would be happy with a one year deal.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally I wouldn’t. Was a great player a while ago but now is to injury prone and doesn’t look half the player. Real shame. 

He isn't the player he was that's for sure, but he can be still useful, he still links play better than anyone we've got.

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

He isn't the player he was that's for sure, but he can be still useful, he still links play better than anyone we've got.

agreed but is he fit enough to be playing week in week out? I just don’t think we can afford to keep players on that aren’t fit enough to be playing a lot of games.