SWFC Trust – fans' survey

7 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Just done the survey,  talk about an hidden agenda !!    UTO 

Same here.

Do think this has a negative bias the wording of the question is leading.

I may be wrong but sure we will see some release that will bash the club. 

Quite simple really if you don't like something well just don't go..Would be quite pleasant to get rid of the neg ferrets at the ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which questions?

The majority of them, stats can be argued whichever way you want to.suit. 

You could have 51% saying a reasonable price would be 25. The statement could then say majority of fans want cheaper pricing. Well we all might want lots of things to be cheaper but we still buy them.

Just don't see what you are trying to gain? When the survey is published would be useful to say how many completed the survey as a percentage of our fan base. Because if 2k complete it does not come close to a representative number compared to the fan base.

Applaud your motives of trying to do something but why should the club engage with you.

38 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Same here.

Do think this has a negative bias the wording of the question is leading.

I may be wrong but sure we will see some release that will bash the club. 

Quite simple really if you don't like something well just don't go..Would be quite pleasant to get rid of the neg ferrets at the ground.

I have been going to Hillsborough for 30 odds years and hope to continue doing so for many more to come, doesn't mean I like every aspect of it. 

21 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You could have 51% saying a reasonable price would be 25. The statement could then say majority of fans want cheaper pricing. Well we all might want lots of things to be cheaper but we still buy them.

Just don't see what you are trying to gain? When the survey is published would be useful to say how many completed the survey as a percentage of our fan base. Because if 2k complete it does not come close to a representative number compared to the fan base.

Applaud your motives of trying to do something but why should the club engage with you.

Why shouldn't a club look to engage with an official supporters trust that has gone through the proper channels to set up for this purpose?

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Win -  It's not rocket science

I wish I could still upvote this.

I've nothing against surveys but I dont see what this is trying to prove. 

Were playing crap, everyone's peed off.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

The survey gives you the option to put results as the main factor and provides the opportunity to expand on answers to other sections. 

22 minutes ago, Nero said:

Exactly...  it is  poor fodder we are been fed at the moment and things are far from well.  I'm sure that DC is more than aware of the issues and would love to rectify them but unfortunately he has to contend with the reality of the situation not rely on wishful thinking.

Just done it. Most of the questions I thought were fair. The one about quality of the squad was strange I thought and slightly out of context. A lot of them can also be answered with, "Win some football matches". Said before in other threads and elsewhere on the internet that winning tends to solve a lot of issues within a club.

Edited by TomtheOwl95
  • Like 1

Guest paulvcooke
12 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello everyone.

As some of you may already know, we’re in the process of setting up a new Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust and we are now formally recognised by the Football Supporters’ Association – something that the club had been lacking (until now we were one of the few Championship clubs without one). 

This will give fans a stronger voice and our aim is to establish better connections with Sheffield Wednesday, providing effective, positive dialogue between club and fans for the benefit of everyone associated with the Owls. You can find out more information, including a detailed FAQ section and notes from previous meetings, at swfctrust.co.uk.

The formal process began back in March and since then the interim board have been working on the administration needed to become a registered Trust. We’ve made great progress and are now in a position to move to our next stage – gathering as wide a range of opinions as possible to help inform our policies, as we build up to a full launch when we will begin accepting memberships.

With this in mind, today we’ve launched the first in a series of surveys looking at different aspects of the club. We want to reach as many fans as possible, so the administrators of this site have kindly allowed us to post a link to the survey.

This is a huge chance for you to have your say on the state of Sheffield Wednesday. We welcome all views and your responses to this series of surveys really will influence the direction the Trust takes and any dialogue we have with the club.

First up, we’d like your views on club governance and ticket prices.

Click here to take the survey

Thanks for your time.

Self publicists. Jog on. My opinion.

Those saying 'win matches' as though it's the solution to everything you are literally speaking for yourselves, and showing such a simplistic view it could be a child speaking. There are plenty of people who enjoy the day out with their families/friends, the atmosphere, the drinks in the pub etc and the purpose of this survey is to understand what is important to our fanbase as a whole

For me, ticket price is no.1, because I think it's disgusting that there are lifelong supporters who cannot afford to come to Hillsborough any more, parents who can't afford to bring their children and countless young fans already lost to the blades because they are much better value, and have been for a long time. Winning is great don't get me wrong but it's not the be all and end all, especially when you can't afford to get in the ground to see them. That's the purpose of this survey, to allow me as a fan to express that view. if you are happy to pay up to £50 that's fine, say so, but your view is no more important than everyone else's.

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I have been going to Hillsborough for 30 odds years and hope to continue doing so for many more to come, doesn't mean I like every aspect of it. 

Why shouldn't a club look to engage with an official supporters trust that has gone through the proper channels to set up for this purpose?

Why do they need to? As others have said we do well were happy, lose were not.

Club are quite capable of doing a survey if the want one.

About 22k engage with the club most weeks.

Can't help thinking this is about some people wanting to stir things up, Wednesday are a private business, just like any if people are not happy don't shop there or use the service. Write a letter.

9 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

What about the fans frozen out from buying POTG tickets due to pricing?

They don't buy them do they?

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fan base seems to increase when we are doing well, I think the biggest factor on attendance is our performance and league position. In addition TV and the availability of live games has a bigger impact. 

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Our fan base seems to increase when we are doing well, I think the biggest factor on attendance is our performance and league position. In addition TV and the availability of live games has a bigger impact. 

I agree but also think that's way way too simplistic when looking at the bigger picture.

There's nothing wrong with gathering opinion in a survey at all

Most businesses do it regularly amongst their staff/customers to get an idea of where they can improve and what areas could give a better feeling about shopping/using/working at their businesses

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Morning Neil..

I've posted this on here a lot..

I know loads of people who swear they will never return because they've been priced out..

The true fans on here cant see the wood for the trees on this subject. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree but also think that's way way too simplistic when looking at the bigger picture.

There's nothing wrong with gathering opinion in a survey at all

Most businesses do it regularly amongst their staff/customers to get an idea of where they can improve and what areas could give a better feeling about shopping/using/working at their businesses

Agreed..

Just now, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Morning Neil..

I've posted this on here a lot..

I know loads of people who swear they will never return because they've been priced out..

The true fans on here cant see the wood for the trees on this subject. 

It's a sad time when Sheffield Wednesday fans can't look after other Wednesday fans

Hopefully this survey opens a few eyes and helps the situation

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is the standard typical representative sample size for a survey?

(I'm asking because I don't know)

If you say we had 20k fans you need 2144 to complete the survey to have a representative sample. All about maths and allows for a 5% margin of error. It can get more complicated as need to factor in age, gender etc. In relation to finance questions should be broken down to the relevant earnings bracket.

18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If I had my way every game would be a fiver but from the clubs point of view that would be a disaster and its asking question which we can't possibly give a informed answer to as we don't have all the data to hand nor are most of us business savvy enough to form an informed answer.  For all I know £30 may well be far too cheap to run the club.

Think its designed to say the fans aren't happy, which the club are well aware of already, if were five points clear then I'm sure the questions asked would be very different.

Yeh but your thirty quid could well be enough if we didn't buy old crocks or players never to play or....................

it's all subjective, it will how ever show the Club what fans are thinking, and it's then down to the Club to work within the parameters asked for by the fans or give explanations why this is not feasible, for instance ticket prices are in my judgement too high, the Chairman has already stated if you want promotion then this is something we have to do.

And to be honest if we were five points clear I would still question the cost of a ticket.

Edited by daleblue