SWFC Trust – fans' survey

54 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

As someone who regularly works away and works Saturdays quite often along with many others, due to other reasons of their own this is the biggest turn off for getting to games for me. 

It's not worth buying a season ticket. 

Then having to work in Scotland working 2 week runs for 4/5 months. 

The whole set up was geared up to get as many buying season tickets for 3/5 years, so he could throw money at it and try get promoted quickly,. It didn't work and we'd left ourselves short of  FFP income due to hardly any  ticket sales for following seasons to meet a shortfall

The best way forward would be to look at the pay on the gate prices for other similar sized clubs in our region and in the championship and charge a similar price which would be fair for both home and away fans and wouldn't leave people feeling ripped off. 

I’ve always wondered if we could do some sort of a flexible ticket for people who can’t commit to every Saturday. You could buy a ticket at the start of the season that gave you access to six matches. You could then book the match tickets online as you are able to go. This might help some people get in the habit of going again. 

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah exactly

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this survey

I hope many complete it, and that the trust get the opportunity to present the findings to the club

This is the thing though you can spin anything anyway..as I said if you are asking about cost then you need to take people a earnings into account. All of us want things to be cheaper or better but we still pay.

The ST is good value, but would unlike to pay 200 well of course.

As for the pay on the gate prices, people have always been selective. Funny seem to make it to the big games. When they do lower prices it does not put 5k on the gate does it. All businesses like a steady cash flow to enable planning so that's why they all want ST holders.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

As for the pay on the gate prices, people have always been selective. Funny seem to make it to the big games. 

And so they should
It's a big game

Nothing wrong with that

Cinema goers don't go and see the crappy small films that are coming out just because they might be a quid or two cheaper

etc

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do other businesses have regular surveys then amongst their customers/employees?

The people filling in the survey can NEVER solve the problems 

That's not ever the intended thing is it?

You don't say to people you can only fill this survey in if you can solve the problems

That's literally not a thing

So let the club do a survey and send to all on the database. They are the company who have most to lose.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

So let the club do a survey and send to all on the database. They are the company who have most to lose.

They haven't though

Apart from the one that said 'DO YOU WANT US TO GET PROMOTED BY YOU GIVING US ZILLIONS OF POUNDS MORE FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS OR DO YOU WANT CHEAPER TICKETS WHICH WILL MEAN CRAP PLAYERS, RELEGATION AND PROBABLY THE DEATH OF YOUR PETS'

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

As someone who regularly works away and works Saturdays quite often along with many others, due to other reasons of their own this is the biggest turn off for getting to games for me. 

It's not worth buying a season ticket. 

Then having to work in Scotland working 2 week runs for 4/5 months. 

The whole set up was geared up to get as many buying season tickets for 3/5 years, so he could throw money at it and try get promoted quickly,. It didn't work and we'd left ourselves short of  FFP income due to hardly any  ticket sales for following seasons to meet a shortfall

The best way forward would be to look at the pay on the gate prices for other similar sized clubs in our region and in the championship and charge a similar price which would be fair for both home and away fans and wouldn't leave people feeling ripped off. 

So do we compare ourselves to Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster or the Blades all in our region, then factor in our wage costs could probably work out that we should have the 2nd highest or maybe 1st as we don't have PL money.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And so they should
It's a big game

Nothing wrong with that

Cinema goers don't go and see the crappy small films that are coming out just because they might be a quid or two cheaper

etc

No nothing wrong, but they make a choice what to spend money on. Cant afford it then dont go, do think some just use prices as an excuse not to go. Go back in time and check attendances in the 70s when it was cheap people didn't turn up, excuse was yes but we were crap. When we do well all these fans suddenly find the money again ...strange?

Just now, Harrysgame said:

When we do well all these fans suddenly find the money again ...strange?

If you were running the club would you

A) want those fans to come to more games by making it as affordable/attractive/enticing as possible

B) Call em part timers and criticise them for picking and choosing when to come

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok mate

Well it's good to see you're open minded about these things

lol

I've not been on since early March so forgive my ignorance, but has your positioned changed on the supporter group as i seem to remember you being against the idea due to the people involved.

Have you received any info or guarantees from the group or found out anything that has changed your opinion and may help others change their mind 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If you were running the club would you

A) want those fans to come to more games by making it as affordable/attractive/enticing as possible

B) Call em part timers and criticise them for picking and choosing when to 

Ok I'll bite obviously A, but it's not the price on its own. If we do well they will turn up.

So why didn't they turn up in the 70's then except for BDM and Southend if it was a price thing?

Just now, PARKOWL said:

I've not been on since early March so forgive my ignorance, but has your positioned changed on the supporter group as i seem to remember you being against the idea due to the people involved.

Have you received any info or guarantees from the group or found out anything that has changed your opinion and may help others change their mind 

Hi mate,

Welcome back! Hope you are well and staying safe.

My initial worries about the group subsided a little after reading more about what their intentions are, their approach (e.g. positive, constructive, non confrontational etc) and weighing up whether or not a group like this could potentially help things at the moment or cause friction.

I think if this group conducts a fan survey to see how things are, how fans are feeling, their thoughts on whether we are progressing nicely or not etc and publishes the findings then it's a worthwhile and really interesting project.

I've not received any info or guarantees or anything behind the scenes at all. I've just thought about it, looked at the club's accounts, looked at things like selling our ground off, the clubs sponsors, the club only giving interviews to Dom Howson and other things and thought yeah let's see what the fans think.

I'm fascinated to see how the survey results look in all honesty

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Ok I'll bite obviously A, but it's not the price on its own. If we do well they will turn up.

They will

More would turn up more regularly if the price was more affordable to them, or if the overall experience of the matchday was better.

Not everyone likes just going to the pub, getting into the ground bang on kick off time, never having any food or drink or buying programmes in the ground, pointing at the West Stand for 90 minutes then going home.

There are others who look for other aspects of the matchday 'experience' 

There's no right's or wrongs to either type of fan.

The club should be looking to attract as many fans as possible to as many games as possible however they can.

Any football club just sitting back saying 'people only come when we're doing well' isn't good enough in my opinion. It's lazy, it's accepting that things can't be better, and it is a small time mentality.

ESPECIALLY when we get constantly told on here that going to games is a social thing regardless of who we are playing, how we are doing etc

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The two things are total opposites mate

Not really, all about what you prioritise in life. I make choices on what to spend just my opinion but think going to the game with my kids is worth the outlay.

Anyways we obviously have a different view; but we we all want whats best for the club so wish you well and  good luck in your endeavours. 

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Not really, all about what you prioritise in life. I make choices on what to spend just my opinion but think going to the game with my kids is worth the outlay.

Anyways we obviously have a different view; but we we all want whats best for the club so wish you well and  good luck in your endeavours. 

They're not my endeavours mate - they're the supporters trust's

I'm not involved with them in any capacity and never will be

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi mate,

Welcome back! Hope you are well and staying safe.

My initial worries about the group subsided a little after reading more about what their intentions are, their approach (e.g. positive, constructive, non confrontational etc) and weighing up whether or not a group like this could potentially help things at the moment or cause friction.

I think if this group conducts a fan survey to see how things are, how fans are feeling, their thoughts on whether we are progressing nicely or not etc and publishes the findings then it's a worthwhile and really interesting project.

I've not received any info or guarantees or anything behind the scenes at all. I've just thought about it, looked at the club's accounts, looked at things like selling our ground off, the clubs sponsors, the club only giving interviews to Dom Howson and other things and thought yeah let's see what the fans think.

I'm fascinated to see how the survey results look in all honesty

Thanks for the response, and all is well thankfully 

I've filled the survey in and tried to control my usual instinct to defend the club and answer honestly, I'm also curious to see the results but would like to know once its done how many people have been surveyed 

I don't see anything wrong with a survey but i'm slightly concerned that you can fill it in more than once, so could easily be manipulated if someone was that way inclined 

I'm still not convinced regarding supporters groups, but lets see what comes of the first survey 

49 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I’ve always wondered if we could do some sort of a flexible ticket for people who can’t commit to every Saturday. You could buy a ticket at the start of the season that gave you access to six matches. You could then book the match tickets online as you are able to go. This might help some people get in the habit of going again. 

How do you see this working when we have variable match day pricing?

I think we should move back to a single price, but that’s unlikely to happen. So if you had, say a 10 match season ticket, won’t many fans just pick the “bigger” games, the more expensive games?

And how many of these 10 game season tickets do you sell? What if they all save their last match for the season finale? Some might find there’s no seats left. 

Im sure it can be made to work, but it’ll be very complex, with many irritating limitations that will create as much annoyance as the current ticket arrangements.

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Thanks for the response, and all is well thankfully 

I've filled the survey in and tried to control my usual instinct to defend the club and answer honestly, I'm also curious to see the results but would like to know once its done how many people have been surveyed 

I don't see anything wrong with a survey but i'm slightly concerned that you can fill it in more than once, so could easily be manipulated if someone was that way inclined 

I'm still not convinced regarding supporters groups, but lets see what comes of the first survey 

That's my thoughts entirely mate.

Nothing wrong with this exercise whatsoever.

I can't see anyone crackers enough to sit repeatedly filling it in but the system is there if they want to spend their days doing that

lol

Owlstalk Shop