SWFC Trust – fans' survey

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

I think Inspector has jumped in a little too early on this one with his traditional 'fend off any criticism of the club' before realising it's actually aimed towards being a positive collection of views in this survey

In the Inspector's defence he is used to the continual bashing of the club and not in a constructive way - this has got to be the way forward and the opening of constructive dialogue between the fans and the club has to be applauded.

The mandate for how they present this will however be interesting 

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I think the biggest problem is the walk up pricing, it’s obvious why DC did it ! He wanted everyone to be a season ticket holder, once you’ve set the price it’s difficult to lower the price to a reasonable level without completely restructuring the whole season ticket pricing.  Maybe that’s what it needs ? Like I’ve said I’m happy. UTO 

Yeah I think you're right mate. 

And you have to say he absolutely nailed it transferring pay on the day fans to season ticket holders.

He definitely achieved what he set out to do.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

In the Inspector's defence he is used to the continual bashing of the club and not in a constructive way - this has got to be the way forward and the opening of constructive dialogue between the fans and the club has to be applauded.

The mandate for how they present this will however be interesting 

Yeah definitely

All the sounds coming from this trust is that they're operating in a positive way, constructively feeding into the club where they can, and hoping for positive outcomes.

Definitely worth a try.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

I think the biggest problem is the walk up pricing, it’s obvious why DC did it ! He wanted everyone to be a season ticket holder, once you’ve set the price it’s difficult to lower the price to a reasonable level without completely restructuring the whole season ticket pricing.

Spot on - the season tickets are indeed excellent value for money. POTD is over the top and we have a history of large numbers of POTD fans when we are doing particularly well.

I stress when we are doing well as when he has lowered the POTD price for some matches it has had no effect whatsoever on the attendances at those games 

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm certain there was higher pricing to select in the answer to that question mate. From my memory of completing the survey I'm sure it did?

Just seen it mate, my bad.  UTO 

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I stress when we are doing well as when he has lowered the POTD price for some matches it has had no effect whatsoever on the attendances at those games 

There's a certain perception amongst some/many that going to Hillsborough is that expensive now (paying on the gate I mean) that they've totally given up even looking for the cheaper offers.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello everyone.

As some of you may already know, we’re in the process of setting up a new Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust and we are now formally recognised by the Football Supporters’ Association – something that the club had been lacking (until now we were one of the few Championship clubs without one). 

This will give fans a stronger voice and our aim is to establish better connections with Sheffield Wednesday, providing effective, positive dialogue between club and fans for the benefit of everyone associated with the Owls. You can find out more information, including a detailed FAQ section and notes from previous meetings, at swfctrust.co.uk.

The formal process began back in March and since then the interim board have been working on the administration needed to become a registered Trust. We’ve made great progress and are now in a position to move to our next stage – gathering as wide a range of opinions as possible to help inform our policies, as we build up to a full launch when we will begin accepting memberships.

With this in mind, today we’ve launched the first in a series of surveys looking at different aspects of the club. We want to reach as many fans as possible, so the administrators of this site have kindly allowed us to post a link to the survey.

This is a huge chance for you to have your say on the state of Sheffield Wednesday. We welcome all views and your responses to this series of surveys really will influence the direction the Trust takes and any dialogue we have with the club.

First up, we’d like your views on club governance and ticket prices.

Click here to take the survey

Thanks for your time.

Well done for setting this up, I know how much time these things can take out of your precious private time, so well done to everyone involved. I've completed the survey, best wishes.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Stating the obvious isn't pushing the debate on to pastures new

You seem to be clutching at straws on ways to attack this survey mate.

Saying yours is the only one opinion on just one of the many questions asked is a bit bizarre.

Fill the survey in if you like and give your thoughts to the trust and let's see what other people think too!

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I think you're right mate. 

And you have to say he absolutely nailed it transferring pay on the day fans to season ticket holders.

He definitely achieved what he set out to do.

I think he wanted more season ticket holders !   UTO 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You seem to be clutching at straws on ways to attack this survey mate.

Saying yours is the only one opinion on just one of the many questions asked is a bit bizarre.

Fill the survey in if you like and give your thoughts to the trust and let's see what other people think too!

No need to strawman me I never said that mine is the only opinion, let's stick to what has actually been said. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No need to strawman me I never said that mine is the only opinion, let's stick to what has actually been said. 

Of all the threads to get all anxious in I'm surprised you chose this one?

It's a supporters trust looking for constructive feedback to present to the club in a positive way

I would have thought you'd support that notion instead of looking to pick holes in it

Owlstalk Shop

Completed it thoroughly. 

• Excited about our squad and how Monk/Chansiri will freshen it up for next season
  • Want a better Away Fan membership or package.  Maybe regional season tickets?
  • Think £35 is a decent price to pay 
  • Won't come to Hillsborough if the atmosphere is still so poor
  • Would like Hillsborough to be upgraded and corners put on 
  • Want a standing area