SWFC Trust – fans' survey

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

If you say we had 20k fans you need 2144 to complete the survey to have a representative sample. All about maths and allows for a 5% margin of error. It can get more complicated as need to factor in age, gender etc. In relation to finance questions should be broken down to the relevant earnings bracket.

Just looking it up on the internet now..

Surveymonkey seems to think 5% is the most commonly used sample size

What is a good sample size for a survey?

5% is the most commonly used margin of error, but you may want anywhere from 1-10% for a margin of error depending on your survey. Increasing your margin of error above 10% is not recommended.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Yeh but your thirty quid could well be enough if we didn't buy over crocks or players never to play or....................

it's all subjective, it will how ever show the Club what fans are thinking, and it's then down to the Club to work within the 

parameters asked for by the fans or give explanations why this is not feasible, for instance ticket prices are in my judgement 

too high, the Chairman has already stated if you want promotion then this is something we have to do.

And to be honest if we were five points clear I would still question the cost of a ticket.

So would I, it doesn't need another survey to tell us and the club what we know already.  

What if I create a survey and you do one and job blog does another, does the club have to constantly keep going over the same questions?

The club will be trying to deliver what the fans want but what the fans want and what reality dictates are two completely different things. 

I can guarantee now that whatever path the club chooses to take the fans are not going to like it.  But thats reality for you.  

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So would I, it doesn't need another survey to tell us and the club what we know already.  

One letter to the chairman saying "I think the POTG tickets are priced way too high" and he can just send them a pair of free tickets and say it's something the club are looking at

Showing the results of a survey showing hundreds/thousands of fans have said so and it's a whole different ball game

I'm really surprised you're so against this survey mate. It's a positive step surely?

Otherwise you're saying we should only believe what you personally believe fans are thinking about things?

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t get why a fans group needs to ask questions about the team. We’ve been down this road before and these questions, and many others in here are the thin end of a wedge. It all smells of someone getting carried away with their own vision. If you want to run a football club then find £250m. That investment buys you a voice and an influence. 

Fans groups should organize tombolas, get involved in the community and do face painting. Leave the rest of it to the big lads. 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What if I create a survey and you do one and job blog does another, does the club have to constantly keep going over the same questions?

Non point - you're overthinking/worrying/hyping that point.

That's literally never happened, and isn't happening now, and won't happen.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I don’t get why a fans group needs to ask questions about the team. We’ve been down this road before and these questions, and many others in here are the thin end of a wedge. It all smells of someone getting carried away with their own vision. If you want to run a football club then find £250m. That investment buys you a voice and an influence. 

Fans groups should organize tombolas, get involved in the community and do face painting. Leave the rest of it to the big lads. 

Why do other businesses regularly have surveys about their business then?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why do other businesses regularly have surveys about their business then?

It’s not their business. It’s like me standing outside Greggs asking people what they think about the sausage rolls. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Non point - you're overthinking/worrying/hyping that point.

That's literally never happened, and isn't happening now, and won't happen.

So why this time? When the club are well aware of the issues?

And stop thinking you know what I'm thinking that is a major fallacy. 

18 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Yeh but your thirty quid could well be enough if we didn't buy old crocks or players never to play or....................

it's all subjective, it will how ever show the Club what fans are thinking, and it's then down to the Club to work within the parameters asked for by the fans or give explanations why this is not feasible, for instance ticket prices are in my judgement too high, the Chairman has already stated if you want promotion then this is something we have to do.

And to be honest if we were five points clear I would still question the cost of a ticket.

Agreed...

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

And Morris Dancers, dont forget them.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

By the accounts/order book, soon as the graph plateaus then start asking questions. 

I think you just ventured into the very territory that you wouldn't want to get into if trying to suggest survey right now isn't necessary

Let's talk about the accounts then shall we?

Let's talk about the last set of accounts and then ask again if it's the right time for a survey

That could be a really interesting discussion

I'd be very interested in your views on the last set of accounts

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just looking it up on the internet now..

Surveymonkey seems to think 5% is the most commonly used sample size

What is a good sample size for a survey?

5% is the most commonly used margin of error, but you may want anywhere from 1-10% for a margin of error depending on your survey. Increasing your margin of error above 10% is not recommended.

Trouble i see there is, the survey is on twitter and could end up with a false percentage or that the survey can be filled in by the same person numerous times also giving a false reading.

Chansiri  could get the all family at home  all day filling in the survey in a positive way FFS or people with an agenda doing the same for a negative percentage.

One vote , one survey filled per person. 

The last survey i filled in at the work place, we all ended up redundant and the business moved to India.   

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think you just ventured into the very territory that immediately dismisses all you've said previously 

Let's talk about the accounts shall we?

Let's talk about the last set of accounts and then ask again if it's the right time for a survey

That could be a really interesting discussion

I'd be very interested in your views on the last set of accounts

They are crap and worrying we all know that, doesn't take a survey to tell us something we already know.