SWFC Trust – fans' survey

ZQ-qhN6l_400x400.jpg

Hello everyone.

As some of you may already know, we’re in the process of setting up a new Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust and we are now formally recognised by the Football Supporters’ Association – something that the club had been lacking (until now we were one of the few Championship clubs without one). 

This will give fans a stronger voice and our aim is to establish better connections with Sheffield Wednesday, providing effective, positive dialogue between club and fans for the benefit of everyone associated with the Owls. You can find out more information, including a detailed FAQ section and notes from previous meetings, at swfctrust.co.uk.

The formal process began back in March and since then the interim board have been working on the administration needed to become a registered Trust. We’ve made great progress and are now in a position to move to our next stage – gathering as wide a range of opinions as possible to help inform our policies, as we build up to a full launch when we will begin accepting memberships.

With this in mind, today we’ve launched the first in a series of surveys looking at different aspects of the club. We want to reach as many fans as possible, so the administrators of this site have kindly allowed us to post a link to the survey.

This is a huge chance for you to have your say on the state of Sheffield Wednesday. We welcome all views and your responses to this series of surveys really will influence the direction the Trust takes and any dialogue we have with the club.

First up, we’d like your views on club governance and ticket prices.

Click here to take the survey

Thanks for your time.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you mean?

They're all valid questions and you have the option of disagreeing or agreeing?

It asks are you happy with season ticket prices, yes I am !  Then goes on to asking what match day pricing should be ?  Nothing over £20. There’s a few more, it just seems to be geared up to have a pop at the club rather than work with the club. Just my opinion mined !    UTO 

• Like 1

Just now, kevtheowl said:

It asks are you happy with season ticket prices, yes I am !  Then goes on to asking what match day pricing should be ?  Nothing over £20. There’s a few more, it just seems to be geared up to have a pop at the club rather than work with the club. Just my opinion mined !    UTO 

You could also look at it the other way and say that if everyone says they're happy and that they choose the same matchday pricing as we currently have then we know the club's doing everything we want it to do and so can give them a huge pat on the back

This survey is simply neutral in reality but it does ask questions around issues that fans have had for a while that's true.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Then goes on to asking what match day pricing should be ?  Nothing over £20. 

I'm certain there was higher pricing to select in the answer to that question mate. From my memory of completing the survey I'm sure it did?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's a self serving questionnaire and asking questions which we can't be expected to know from the outside looking in.

You'll have to explain that to me mate if you don't mind

I'm just looking at the survey now and can't see where it says you need inside information before you can say how you FEEL about things?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm just looking at the survey now and can't see where it says you need inside information before you can say how you FEEL about things?

The questionnaire is addressing one of the many current frustrations that the vast majority of the fans feel against the club.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

The questionnaire is addressing one of the many current frustrations that the vast majority of the fans feel against the club.

That's how I see it too.

I don't see it that you need any inside information before completing it though as suggested by Inspector?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's how I see it too.

I don't see it that you need any inside information before completing it though as suggested by Inspector?

Bang on - and if the criticism is constructive as opposed to its just a load of round uns, then it could be presented to the club to act on if there are generic themes arising from it.

This is a good way of interacting with the club without resorting to insulting the Chairman

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Bang on - and if the criticism is constructive as opposed to its just a load of round uns, then it could be presented to the club to act on if there are generic themes arising from it.

This is a good way of interacting with the club without resorting to insulting the Chairman

100%

I think Inspector has jumped in a little too early on this one with his traditional 'fend off any criticism of the club' before realising it's actually aimed towards being a positive collection of views in this survey

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If I had my way every game would be a fiver but from the clubs point of view that would be a disaster and its asking question which we can't possibly give a informed answer to as we don't have all the data to hand nor are most of us business savvy enough to form an informed answer.  For all I know £30 may well be far too cheap to run the club.

Think its designed to say the fans aren't happy, which the club are well aware of already, if were five points clear then I'm sure the questions asked would be very different.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You could also look at it the other way and say that if everyone says they're happy and that they choose the same matchday pricing as we currently have then we know the club's doing everything we want it to do and so can give them a huge pat on the back

This survey is simply neutral in reality but it does ask questions around issues that fans have had for a while that's true.

I think the biggest problem is the walk up pricing, it’s obvious why DC did it ! He wanted everyone to be a season ticket holder, once you’ve set the price it’s difficult to lower the price to a reasonable level without completely restructuring the whole season ticket pricing.  Maybe that’s what it needs ? Like I’ve said I’m happy. UTO