SWFC Trust – fans' survey

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you just ventured into the very territory that you wouldn't want to get into if trying to suggest survey right now isn't necessary

Let's talk about the accounts then shall we?

Let's talk about the last set of accounts and then ask again if it's the right time for a survey

That could be a really interesting discussion

I'd be very interested in your views on the last set of accounts

They can't handle the truth..

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

They are crap and worrying we all know that, doesn't take a survey to tell us something we already know.

All along this thread you have spoken as if every single Wednesday fan on the earth would agree with your viewpoint

That's simply not true

There are a wide ranging set of views across a wide ranging set of questions

I don't know what the results will be, nor do you.

I'm not sure why you keep brushing off a survey as though you already know exactly what the results of it will be

It could surprise you and most people could post that they're happy with ticket pricing, how the squad investment is going etc

Stop being so assumptive about things. You don't know the outcome of this survey. Nobody does.

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They are crap and worrying we all know that, doesn't take a survey to tell us something we already know.

So is now a good time to talk to the club about the last set of accounts then?

Or should any worried fans just always shut up and sit back doing nothing in your opinion?

Owlstalk Shop

Issue is, the Trust can’t solve the problems. Only a bloke coming over the hill with £250m will solve our problems. DC just won’t listen. It’s just a background noise he will pay lip service to. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So is now a good time to talk to the club about the last set of accounts then?

What possible good will that do ?  Will it solve any problems?  Have they got someone from Deloitte looking over the books? Or is it Bert from Handsworth Club Committee who deals with pigeon racing?

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All along this thread you have spoken as if every single Wednesday fan on the earth would agree with your viewpoint

That's simply not true

There are a wide ranging set of views across a wide ranging set of questions

I don't know what the results will be, nor do you.

I'm not sure why you keep brushing off a survey as though you already know exactly what the results of it will be

It could surprise you and most people could post that they're happy with ticket pricing, how the squad investment is going etc

Stop being so assumptive about things. You don't know the outcome of this survey. Nobody does.

I agree. Cannot understand why there is so much negativity towards the survey. At the end of the day we all have opinions on what the situation is at Hillsborough, not always the same opinions as others; its not just about results on the pitch.This group are going through all the right procedures so let's give them credit. Let's see what the survey says and take it from there.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Issue is, the Trust can’t solve the problems. Only a bloke coming over the hill with £250m will solve our problems. DC just won’t listen. It’s just a background noise he will pay lip service to. 

Why do other businesses have regular surveys then amongst their customers/employees?

The people filling in the survey can NEVER solve the problems 

That's not ever the intended thing is it?

You don't say to people you can only fill this survey in if you can solve the problems

That's literally not a thing

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What possible good will that do ?  Will it solve any problems?  Have they got someone from Deloitte looking over the books? Or is it Bert from Handsworth Club Committee who deals with pigeon racing?

So now (if I'm reading it right) you are saying no survey should be done, and no opinions should ever be expressed about club finances or how the club is being ran because we can't change or fix anything?

Is that (in a nutshell) what you're saying? 

Just so I'm clear...

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why do other businesses have regular surveys then amongst their customers/employees?

The people filling in the survey can NEVER solve the problems 

That's not ever the intended thing is it?

You don't say to people you can only fill this survey in if you can solve the problems

That's literally not a thing

This is like no other business. Think about it. People pay thousands up front every year, for a product they don’t know, for a seat in a stadium where every other seat is empty every week. You can’t compare that to anything else. 

Football is the play thing for the very wealthy with very big egos. The fans are a side show. Not at all relevant or important. 

21 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello everyone.

As some of you may already know, we’re in the process of setting up a new Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust and we are now formally recognised by the Football Supporters’ Association – something that the club had been lacking (until now we were one of the few Championship clubs without one). 

This will give fans a stronger voice and our aim is to establish better connections with Sheffield Wednesday, providing effective, positive dialogue between club and fans for the benefit of everyone associated with the Owls. You can find out more information, including a detailed FAQ section and notes from previous meetings, at swfctrust.co.uk.

The formal process began back in March and since then the interim board have been working on the administration needed to become a registered Trust. We’ve made great progress and are now in a position to move to our next stage – gathering as wide a range of opinions as possible to help inform our policies, as we build up to a full launch when we will begin accepting memberships.

With this in mind, today we’ve launched the first in a series of surveys looking at different aspects of the club. We want to reach as many fans as possible, so the administrators of this site have kindly allowed us to post a link to the survey.

This is a huge chance for you to have your say on the state of Sheffield Wednesday. We welcome all views and your responses to this series of surveys really will influence the direction the Trust takes and any dialogue we have with the club.

First up, we’d like your views on club governance and ticket prices.

Click here to take the survey

Thanks for your time.

Here's the link again for anyone who's not filled in this survey yet 👍

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now (if I'm reading it right) you are saying no survey should be done, and no opinions should ever be expressed about club finances or how the club is being ran because we can't change or fix anything?

Is that (in a nutshell) what you're saying? 

Just so I'm clear...

If they want to do a survey then fine get on with it.  I just don't see what its bringing to the table, we will learn nothing that we already know.   

Fans want cheaper prices, decent players, attractive football, cheap food, to be credible contenders for promotion. 

If someone can deliver all that on the back of £20 a ticket then I'm all in favour of it.  We all know that isn't likely.

I can't see ticket prices changing anytime soon and no doubt many fans will vote with their feet if we can't maintain a presence at the top end of the table.

There is no magic formula,  DC took a big gamble and it nearly came off, he would have been lauded as a hero if it had. 

If anyone has the resources to buy him out and give it a go, then go for it.

we will learn nothing that we already know. 

You're back to assuming you already know the answers to the survey questions OR that your opinion is the only one that really matters

Either way you're wrong.

Let's see what the survey results bring. It could surprise/shock you 

Owlstalk Shop

You're back to assuming you already know the answers to the survey questions OR that your opinion is the only one that really matters

Either way you're wrong.

Will they publish the results, and will you put them on here?

It will be very interesting.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way you're wrong.

It could surprise/shock you 

That will be a first. 

I think it probably will.

I look forward to seeing the results. It's an interesting project

I don't think there is a cat in hells chance.  The findings will be discussed for a week or so on here, then they will fade away and forgotten about till the next survey.

I'm all for a fans representation but they are not answer to our problems. 

I don't think there is a cat in hells chance.  The findings will be discussed for a week or so on here, then they will fade away and forgotten about till the next survey.

I'm all for a fans representation but they are not answer to our problems. 

I don't think anyone (even the supporters trust themselves) has ever suggested they are the answer to our problems?

Owlstalk Shop